3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Morrison ILF Risers  (Read 185 times)

Offline crunch

• Trad Bowhunter
Morrison ILF Risers
« on: September 27, 2010, 03:25:00 PM »
I'm considering a Morrison ILF riser. A friend had one. Unfortunately I never got to try it. He said it made a very fast bow, but the claimed it was difficult to get consistent with, claiming the speed came at the cost of stability.
Now I am in no way slamming Mr. Morrison's products, but I was wondering what other Morrison shooter's impressions were.

Thanks,

Bob

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Morrison ILF Risers
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 03:47:00 PM »
If you are talking about the Metal ILF risers, I find the weight of them helps stability. I've never tried his wood risers so I can't comment on that.
Since we are talking ILF, keep in mind that limb length is variable in this kind of bow. A short limb on a short riser is going to feel a bit unstable compared to a long length limb on the same riser.
My favorite Morrison setup is my Morrison Mini Metal 13 with a pair of "F" ILF longbow limbs. Makes a 62" bow that is very stable.
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline 18thcentman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 04:07:00 PM »
I recently purchased one of his 17"metal leftys. I put on a set of 50# medium Black Max carbon limbs. It shoots very smooth and quiet.It is a great set-up.As my friend Craig says, "His metal risers are bomb proof."
Living the Dream

Offline Spurs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 04:07:00 PM »
I have shot all of Morrison's takedown models.  I currently own a 60" Shawnee recurve and a 58" ILF longbow.  My go to bow is the ILF.  It is smoking fast, smooth, and shoots where I point it.  I am currently in the process of of building another ILF.  Should get limbs this week.  I am also going to get a set of recurve limbs for my ILF.
I like Spurs

Morrison Mini ILF copperhead skinned
Morrison Shawnee copperhead skinned

Offline 2 Barrels

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 05:25:00 PM »
Yep i think alot of it depends on riser length and limb configuration.I had a phenolic mini 14 riser with long limbs makeing a 58" bow.When i first started with it i had a heck of a time.I had shot a 62" widow for years.The more i shot it the more i liked it though.I've now got a 15" morrison ilf riser and im waiting on a set of long sky limbs.A friend of mine has a 15" meatal riser with long limbs.It is very stable and smooth at my draw length.I dont think you can go wrong with Morrisons ilf risers.It's a very versitile set up.
Never trust a bald man with a pony tail.If he's not honest with himself.He wont be honest with you.

Offline Builder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 05:36:00 PM »
I will mimmic what was said above. I have a 15" metal riser with both long and medium limbs and it is the most consistant shooting bow I have ever shot. There is no handshock whatsoever.
I have installed an Alpine five arrow quiver that probably also helps.
I really like the adjustability for tiller and center shot.
USMC
Providing the enemies of America to die for thier countries.

Offline vtmtnman

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 05:54:00 PM »
If you know how to shoot properly,any bow is consistent.The bow dosen't get tired and start dropping its bow arm or release inconsistently or a bunch of other variables.Those all fall to the archer.

That said,I've shot quite a few Morrisons,and it just dosen't get better than one of Bob's ILF bows.Fast, smooth, adjustable and no handshock.
>>>>--TGMM family of the bow--->

Offline MercilessMing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 06:43:00 PM »
I have a Morrison 17" riser with Dryad longbow limbs.  It is fast and stable.  Guys at the same range shot that and agreed that the performance and consistance is great.

I used to have the Morrison F longbow limbs but the weight was much more than I can handle.  That was the time I found I was not shooting stable.  The point is go with what is the right weight and I then am able to enjoy it.

Offline crunch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 07:43:00 PM »
Looks like it's worth a look.

Thanks to all

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©