3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What glue?  (Read 199 times)

Offline Don Armstrong

• Trad Bowhunter
What glue?
« on: September 28, 2010, 09:31:00 AM »
I ordered some Gold Tips and everything to go with them except fletching tape, from Big Jim yesterday. I'm not sure he sells it but now I don't want to order just fletching tape as shipping would be to much. I have duco so will it work. I've used it on wood but not carbons. I could pick up Fletchtite platinum locally.  Thanks, Don

Offline Pete McMiller

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What glue?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 09:51:00 AM »
Don,

Fletchtite Platinum works just fine.  I fletched up a dozen GT 5575's last summer with natural turkey feathers.  Scrub the shafts until they squeek with Acetone and you will be good to go.  I've never have a problem with feathers sticking to the shafts since I went to acetone to clean the shafts first.
Pete
WTA
CTAS
PBS

Charter member - Ye Old F.A.R.T.S and Elkaholics Anonymous

MOLON LABE  [mo 'lon  la 've]

"That human optimism & goodness that we put our faith in, is in no more danger than the stars in the jaws of the clouds." ............Victor Hugo

Offline tex-archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 10:09:00 AM »
I only use Duco on my Gold Tips. For prepping I just wash the fletch end with soap and water. Haven't ever had a problem.
Aim small, miss small!!

Offline Don Armstrong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 12:24:00 PM »
Thanks guys, with the price of feathers, I can't mess any up. Don

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 12:27:00 PM »
Platinum works well, we also sell the tape which is very popular.  Our shipping would be $1.99 if that's all you needed.  :jumper:
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 12:30:00 PM »
Just bought some Gorilla wood glue. Haven't found the load specs on it yet for fixing my bow delam. It will secure fletching though to most anything. Ducco fletching my woods is cheaper & works great.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline Shooty1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 02:21:00 PM »
Super glue gel, Krazy or Loctite.

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 03:23:00 PM »
I use Platinum Fletch tite on mine,but I also like to use wraps on my carbons.It makes them so much easier to redo later without having to scrape off old fletching with a knife.Carbons are tough arrows and chances are you will be redoing them later down the line.It is real easy to damage the woodgrain layer on a carbon scraping off old feathers.

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 11:12:00 PM »
We fletch 100's and 100's of gold tip shafts and don't have to do a thing to clean them. We use platinum fletchtite. Now if you don't clean the CX shafts, you will regret. Lots of mold release on them. Great shafts, but must be cleaned first.

BigJIm
http://www.bigjimsbowcompany.com/      
I just try to live my life in a way that would have made my father proud.

Offline Don Armstrong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 10:30:00 AM »
Thanks to Big Jim, I have some fletch tape headed my way. Great guy to deal with. I really like the ease of removing fletch tape when refletching. You don't have to scrape the finish or carbon off. Thanks for all the info, Don

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©