3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What a bummer!!  (Read 149 times)

Offline goldflinger

• Trad Bowhunter
What a bummer!!
« on: September 28, 2010, 10:54:00 AM »
Last night my 15 year old son and I decided to change strings on his takedown recurve. We put the new string on (with the proper bow stringer) and the brace height needed to be adjusted. he was removing the string with the bow stringer and we hear that aweful popping and cracking sound!! Ut Oh, one of the limbs delaminated!! Boy, was I upset. We have 4 days until deer season opens and the only lefthanded bow we have that is a legal hunting weight (over 40lbs. in Ok) is now useless. I immediatly hit the classifieds looking for a low 40+ weight left handed bow for a replacement, and I need it asap.
    I find a bow that is the proper weight an send an "im". Soon I get a response from Doug77 and he tells me that the bow is spoken for, but offers to send me a kodiak to borrow. Gotta give a big shout out to Doug for this generous offer!!! I awaken this morning to his call informing me the previous deal did not work out, and I could have the bow. He said he would over night it to me and I could send the funds to him. Again, what a generous offer. I have the takedown packaged up to send to the bows maker, and after speaking to him, I am hopeful it can be repaired. I guess I should be glad this bow "busted" while stringing it, instead of at full draw, but this is the first time I have had a recurve go bad!! Darn the luck so close to opening day!! I really just wanted to give a big thank-you to DOUG77 for his generousity and trust!! I really appreciate it.
Morrison Shawnee, Longbow Limbs- 47.5# @ 28 1/2", 45.5# @ 28 1/2"
Toelke Whip- 52# @ 28 1/2"
Damon Howatt Hunter- 45# @ 28"

Offline Panzer II

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What a bummer!!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 11:37:00 AM »
Thats a real thoughtful response from Doug77. Good Luck.

Offline kadbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 11:45:00 AM »
That is typical TradGang.  :thumbsup:
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Grand Mesa Bowmen
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 11:49:00 AM »
With this kind of support from TradGangers like Doug77 who needs to take a back-up bow on a hunt anymore!?  I think if one of us broke a bow someone here would send a replacement before you could break out the spare!  Way to go Doug. I hope the bow works out for your son.

If you need a different bow, and if a 55# Hoyt Gamemaster would work for him, let me know (PM) and I'll send it to you for the season.

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 12:03:00 PM »
Knowledgable folks here can help you reglue your lams. Nothing to lose at this point. Worth a try right?
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline mscampbell75

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 12:07:00 PM »
People like doug is what makes Tradgang sooo awsome!!  :notworthy:
Psalm 86:11   Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.

Black Creek Banshee T/D  49#@28
Iron Mountain R/D Longbow  53#@28
70's Bear Kodiak Hunter 45#@28

Offline goldflinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 12:08:00 PM »
Thanks for the help Straitera, I just returned from the post office where I sent the bow back. Lynn said he could probably repair it free of charge. Also sent Doug his money and am looking forward to receiving the "new to us" bow Thursday. that will even give Garrett a little practice time shooting it before we are able to hunt Saturday. Of course that is if the OU/Texas game does not interfear :-) It is a big deal around here, but I am more of an OSU fan. I have loads of old right hand recurves and I would offer a loaner as well. It was just the left hand bow that was the problem. Thanks for the comments guys and of course, this is an amazing site!! I read a lot but seldom post
Morrison Shawnee, Longbow Limbs- 47.5# @ 28 1/2", 45.5# @ 28 1/2"
Toelke Whip- 52# @ 28 1/2"
Damon Howatt Hunter- 45# @ 28"

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 12:26:00 PM »
Good deal GF. Glad you're fixed up. Nice bunch of folks here. Too bad you can't fix the Longhorns. They took it on the chin Saturday in Austin no less!
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©