3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: when it was a numbers game.  (Read 478 times)

Offline eagle24

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: when it was a numbers game.
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2010, 12:57:00 PM »
I agree with John and others.  Let him hunt.  I don't care anything about shooting deer with a rifle any more, but if I take my 12 yr old nephew hunting and he can bust one with a rifle, I'm gonna be dragging and dressing.  The smile on his face is worth it though.

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2010, 02:35:00 PM »
Fred,

Whether you realize it or not, to say that you have moved on to another level of hunting implies some progression.  As if we all "mature" through some predestined series of stages.  It also implies that the levels build on one another and that to "mature" through the kill-your-limit stage is an accomplishment.

John
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Greyfox54

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2010, 09:47:00 PM »
Sorry to disagree with you John , but life is a long (hopefully) journey which doesn't always move forward . I don't think about things the same now as when I was a kid or even a young man . Have I matured ? , that's debateable . I don't think I'm climbing some hypothetical ladder to become the ultimate hunter . It's just that my goals have changed over the years as circumstances change .

Fred
Greyfox54

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©