3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tred Barta, what a stud!  (Read 655 times)

Offline TEX-O-BOB

• Trad Bowhunter
Tred Barta, what a stud!
« on: September 29, 2010, 09:22:00 AM »
Well, it would seem that Tred Barta will be back on Versus this fall doing it his way, the HARD way, with a long bow, from a wheelchair! And like it or not, it's HIS way! The man is unstoppable. My hat is off to his determination and heart. Say what you will about him, but I think he's a total stud.   :cool:    :cool:    :cool:    :cool:    :cool:    :cool:    :cool:
Ones ethics can only be described by what you do when nobody is looking.

Offline BobCo 1965

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tred Barta, what a stud!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 09:26:00 AM »
Cool, looking forward to his show.

Online buckeyebowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 09:26:00 AM »
Your exactly right, I love his shows, and he seems like a great person.

Offline TEX-O-BOB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 09:30:00 AM »
He may not be the best shot or the best hunter... he seems to just blunder along sometimes and that drives some people nuts. My friend Quintin for example. But no one can deny his brutal honesty and black-n-white approach to life and hunting. love him!

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 09:31:00 AM »
I enjoy him. I like the different spin on things. I'm happy he's still going at it.

Offline Bob B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 09:47:00 AM »
Well he wears his heart on his sleeve, an there is no pretending.  That is refressing. He ain't short on guts.  God bless him.
66"  Osage Royale    57lbs@29
68"  Shrew Hill      49lbs@29
68"  Deathwish       51lbs@29
68"  Morning Star    55lbs@29
68"  Misty Dawn      55lbs@29

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 10:15:00 AM »
My wife cant stand him or his voice and leaves the room when I click it on(hmmmm?)! My favorite part of his shows.....no stupid commercials or billboards on his back. Its our only chance to see a guy hunt with wooden bows, the rest that try to are jokers trying to appeal to our wallets as well as compound guys wallets.

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 10:57:00 AM »
:clapper:     :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:    

God bless, Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Bob B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 11:00:00 AM »
Peal Drums,

Good point ... about the wallets stuff, not the wife stuff.  However, I wonder ...

Bob.
66"  Osage Royale    57lbs@29
68"  Shrew Hill      49lbs@29
68"  Deathwish       51lbs@29
68"  Morning Star    55lbs@29
68"  Misty Dawn      55lbs@29

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 11:03:00 AM »
Treds show is the only outdorr show I watch now. I used to be an addict with all of them, cant even start to watch them anymore. I used to watch the Backwoods guy? Cant remenber his name. Then I realized he just wants more sponsor cash like the rest of them, so he got cut out of my list. I see he has a bow designed for him now, wow.

Offline Dave Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 11:15:00 AM »
yea  I like him a lot he gets kinda out there sometimes as far as " i limit my shots to 15 yds and under" then shoots at 40 but he himself has admitted to stuff like that, i feel he is honest and is doing it for the right reasons, and your right, he is still after it when alot of us would have given up along time ago.. I think Versus is to be commended as well for carrying his show in the first place and continuing with him,  most networks wouldnt have done that.
Compton traditional bowhunters
PBS regular
Traditional bowhunters of Arkansas
I live to bowhunt!!!
60” Widow SAV recurve 54@28
60” Widow KBX recurve 53@27
64” DGA longbow 48@27

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 11:48:00 AM »
I like his attitude - he is very plain and straight forward. His determination to help youngsters and now he is leading by example. Takes a lot of heart to come back like he did. Do not watch much hunting shows anymore though, Eichler's show is about it.

J
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2010, 12:14:00 PM »
I've all but quit watching hunting shows anymore. I'm sick of the high fences, product endorsements, and canned hunts. It just makes me sick to my stomach and even my heroes of hunting from the past that started out genuine have all turned out to be sell outs to the mighty dollar. It seems that every hunting show is just a feature length product endorsement or infomercial with some killing thrown in.
Another thing I can't stand is the shows that are like a competition where they get points for killing deer on camera and are judged on the amount of footage and the size of the rack the buck has, and so many points for a doe. In my book that just ain't right, and it gives true hunters and sportsman a bad rap. That's not what it's supposed to be about and I refuse to watch that kind of crud. All it does is fuel the Anti's agenda and give them more ammunition against all sportsmen and women.

With all that said, even though Tred has an abrasive personality and is akin to scratching my fingernails on a chalk board......I do admire his tenacity and gusto with how he persues his passion. You gotta give him credit there and I respect that. He is entertaining to watch at times especially when he gets all fired up and takes off running through the weeds and brush and falls head first into a thorn bush or flops down a hill.
If he ever sells out then I'll put him right there on the black list with all the others.

I do like to watch Pigman on occasion, but I also find his over the top persona a bit hard to swallow also, about as pleasant as a bad case of chiggers. Even though he is an A-hole it's an entertaining show otherwise. I like his dad "Pap" and he's way less abrasive and fun to watch than his loud mouth son. Those two are as different as it gets and it's hard to imagine that they are even blood related.

Bottom line is.....the good ol days of hunting shows for entertainment purposes only are over. It's all about money these days and there are very few left that are true to the sport.
Even Fred Eichler, which I like and find quite entertaining, is somewhat of a sell out. He is supported by Easton and Muzzy broadheads which is a good thing and I don't hold it against him, but it still arrives at the same destination...money. I can't blame a guy for wanting to pay the bills whill doing something he loves to do God only knows that I would love to be so lucky, but there are no true blue originals left....only lesser degrees of the same evil and if a show hits me the wrong way...there's always other channels.
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline Mitch-In-NJ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2010, 12:26:00 PM »
I don't mind the advertising on shows like Fred's where the hunt is the real essence of the show.  Keep in mind that advertising is what pays for these shows to be produced.  In fact, on the Outdoor Channel, all the shows are produced by the sponsors.  The OC doesn't produce anything exvept maybe the gold panning show.

But, when 75% of the show is about the products and not the hunt, which most of them are, I won't watch.

And that's why I like Tred, too.  I don't agree with him all the time, but he works hard and is honest.  And the fact that he's still doing it from a wheelchair or on horseback with a special saddle... I wish I was that tough.
"The encouragement of a proper hunting spirit, a proper love of sport, instead of being incompatible with a love of nature and wild things, offers the best guaranty for their preservation."

-- Theodore Roosevelt

Offline TEX-O-BOB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2010, 12:32:00 PM »
"He is supported by Easton and Muzzy"

He's married to muzzy... Aint got much choice there! LOL

I like Fred too. I met him at the ATA show in 08 and while he was signing my Traditions P&Y book he and I had a good long chat. He is as down to earth as they come, and a true passionate and dedicated hunter. Him and Dwight Schuh are two of my favorite people on the planet.

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 12:36:00 PM »
I'm a TB fan. Actually anyone who can get paid to enjoy the outdoors.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline Downwind Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2010, 12:36:00 PM »
I've actually grown to appreciate Tred Barta's show. I used to think he was too over the top for me but now I enjoy his sincerity and the fact you never know if he's even going to get an animal. Plus it can be a trophy like I see in the woods as opposed to what I see on TV or magazines. How rare are those traits in a world of guaranteed BIG kills on TV today???

Yes he sometimes gets too excited or stretches his range - but I've hunted for over 40 years and am pretty sure he's not the only one. He just does it in front of the camera.

I think he has one of the truly realistic shows out there and now with his handicap you have to admire his grit and determination.

Have at it Mr. Barta, best of luck - I'll be watching!

Offline Anaconda12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2010, 12:41:00 PM »
You are right I cant stand the blundering, and poor shot selection and then just playing it off as "Oh Well Folks you see that is just the way it is in the true outdoors"  BS take a better look at your shot selection and use a bit more responsibilty when hunting these creatures, I swear I have seen him lose more animals than I have ever seen him take!!  You are right everyone and anyone can lose an animal due to a poor hit BUT I beleive some push their luck carelessly!
Luck has nothing to do with it, just Boot leather and a GWP.

Offline Red4arm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2010, 12:48:00 PM »
I love Tred, He hunts more like most of us. No resorts with high fences, not always successful, very respectful for other hunters that have to do it the "hard way". No pay to hunt a fenced farms.
Most of the other shows are like watching a NASCAR race, sponsors products are the main priority. I understand it pays the bills, but lets show some respect for the sport and animals we hunt.

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2010, 12:54:00 PM »
Good Luck to him!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©