3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tred Barta, what a stud!  (Read 656 times)

Offline Longbowshep

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tred Barta, what a stud!
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2010, 01:19:00 PM »
Originally posted by Red4arm:
 I understand it pays the bills, but lets show some respect for the sport and animals we hunt.
:clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:

Online Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2010, 01:23:00 PM »
I think the title of hisshow sums it up" The Best & Worst" and thats how his shows are to me. As far as sponsers I don't mind them one bit as long as it is not over done. After all without sponsers Tradgang wouldn't probably be here either.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Offline Grizz 53

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2010, 01:36:00 PM »
Blackland Outdoors is purty good to watch. He breaks out the wheelies every now and then, but for the most part he hangs with long bows and homeade napped flint head wooden arrows.

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2010, 02:00:00 PM »
Great to hear.....good news.
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive Council Member.

James V. Bailey II

Offline SteveB

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2010, 02:08:00 PM »
I wish him the best for his recovery.
I'm glad he has the means to continue to hunt.
I quit watching his old show and won't be watching the new.

Offline chopx2

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2010, 02:28:00 PM »
I echo everyone's comments on the best worst parts of Tred. i only fault him in two ways and admire him in another even more.

I think he exagerrates the limitations of traditional equipment and in today's society of sound bites I fear it could cause uninformed people to think traditional equipment is unethical and cruel.

Secondly, I think he should work harder to be a better hunter. I think he might even relish the idea and intentionally blow stalks to perpetuate the 'hard way' appearance.

HOWEVER, I have tremendous respect for his comeback and for his wife Anni. My wife suffered a sever stroke 3 years ago when she was 33 and is paralyzed on the left side, can not walk, can never drive again (vision) or ever work again. I have seen how the most basic of things became nearly impossible. But I also saw what it did to her spirit, and understandably so. I really respect his courage and determination. It takes a herculean feat to just not give up much less decide to ride and hunt again. That is the real reason he is "the man" in my book.

I am eager to see his shows again.
TGMM-Family of the Bow

The quest to improve is so focused on a few design aspects & compensating for hunter ineptness as to actually have reduced a bow & arrow’s effectiveness. Nothing better demonstrates this than mech. BHs & speed fixated designs

Offline chopx2

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2010, 02:30:00 PM »
P.s. please take a moment and consider sending a note to Versus congratulating them on supporting Tred. My company stepped up and did the same for me and I know they did not have to (it happened in my first year working here).
TGMM-Family of the Bow

The quest to improve is so focused on a few design aspects & compensating for hunter ineptness as to actually have reduced a bow & arrow’s effectiveness. Nothing better demonstrates this than mech. BHs & speed fixated designs

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2010, 03:07:00 PM »
What happened to Tred???  I don't watch much TV.......
David M. Conroy

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2010, 03:11:00 PM »
Tred is just fun to watch, tough as nails and never quits ....

Good on ya Tred Barta, you are the man !!

:clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Online lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2010, 03:15:00 PM »
Just the fact he would miss shots the whole show and had a great attitude and time, was the best. He is the MAN!!!!!!
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2010, 04:10:00 PM »
I talked with a camera man that used to film for a southern outdoor show.  He talked of waiting for the guys on the four wheelers getting the deer into the fences so they would come to the right feeders and how hard it is sometimes to make it look good without showing the high fences. When I have had the opportunity to watch Tred, he was nothing like I had heard from those that do not like him, the real deal, working on the common mans level.  I seriously doubt that were any mechanical aids such as four wheelers herding animals to him either.  I will take tough and kindhearted over weaselly and divisive any day.

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2010, 04:23:00 PM »
Absolutely love Tred's show. I too have gotten to the point where 99.9% of the other shows are unwatchable.

I have about 20 of the hunting ones saved on the DVR and watch them all the time. Just watched for about the 100th time the grizzly bear hunting show. For all of his "blundering" around he shot GRIZZ with a longbow at point blank range.

He does show the good and the bad. I agree with you Downwind Lefty.

Love him or hate him.....

Viva La Tred!
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

Offline fredhill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2010, 08:01:00 PM »
it's really must suck to have been stricken with his medical condition and i have nothing but encouragement for his recovery. but i think that guy couldn't hit a barn from the inside sometimes. the last show i saw he had a broadside or slightly quatering away shot at an elk, hit it in the ham, and it was never recovered. i mean that's at least three feet off left/right.

Offline toppredator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2010, 08:17:00 PM »
Tred Barta is the MAN!!!

Offline crookedwoody

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2010, 08:38:00 PM »
I HAVE ALWAYS WATCHED HIS SHOWS.HE WAS THE ONLY ONE OUT THERE SHOOTING LONGBOWS AT BIG GAME.HE MAY ACT LIKE A GOOFBALL BUT HE WAS ALWAYS HONEST ABOUT IT.HE DIDNT TRY TO PUSH PRODUCTS DOWN YOUR THROAT.HE HUNTS ON HIS OWN TERMS AND THE TROPHY IS IN THE HUNT NOT THE KILL.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU TRED..KEEP HUNTIN YOUR WAY

Offline buxntoms

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2010, 09:17:00 PM »
Tred is as genuine as they come in the hunting world.  I keep hoping that I will get to meet Tred in some random store while in Eagle County Colorado elk hunting as his ranch is in Eagle County.  Have yet to meet him while picking up provisions, but the locals all know his name and speak highly of him!  Long live Tred!
"Know Your Land....Know Your Prey!"

Offline stickhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2010, 10:22:00 PM »
Hate to see anyone get struck down like he did but he needed to spend a lot more time learning to shoot.He is a multi millionaire and has a hunting show you would think he could afford Ricky Welch or someone to teach him to shoot. I think the reason he has not got all the advertisments is because he is rich and that show is how he gets his kicks.He gives traditional archery a bad name.And as far as all these shows with all the sponsors money makes the world go round and like it or not that money is the only thing keeping your rights to hunt.There are people trying to take that from you every day and his tactics are not doing anything to help our case.

Online Ybuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2010, 10:27:00 PM »
Gotta say, there are somethings about him i like.
(here comes the but word) but his shooting seems very "hap hazard".
Steve.

Offline JDinPA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2010, 10:34:00 PM »
His shows says "He's the man".
This used to drive me crazy and I had a hard time watching some of his shows.

Since his stroke, I have grown to appreciate him and his ways.

God bless you Mr. Barta.

Offline Buckwheaties

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2010, 10:43:00 PM »
God Bless Tred!!! He is a man I would like to meet.
"Don't listen to what they say, watch what they do."

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©