3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ron La Clair the singer  (Read 478 times)

Online lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
Ron La Clair the singer
« on: September 29, 2010, 10:23:00 AM »
Found this on youtube and I can't wait to play it for my son Tucker 9yo he will love it.Ron has a true talent for writing and can sing pretty good for a mountain man.   :notworthy:    :clapper:    

Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline saumensch

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ron La Clair the singer
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 10:46:00 AM »
:clapper:     :clapper:    :clapper:
thats some pretty good singing Mr. LaClaire does.
And sometimes our dreams they float like anchors in hopeless waters oh way down here
Sometimes it seems that all that matters most are all the things that you can't keep
(William Elliot Whitmore)

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 10:53:00 AM »
How cool is this one? Way!!! I'm saying....

Mr. La Claire is truly a man of many talents.

Thanks for sharing that with us.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline flatlander37

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 11:27:00 AM »
Very nice indeed.
"Better to be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"-Abe Lincoln

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 11:32:00 AM »
that was pretty cool  :clapper:
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Offline firewater100

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 04:54:00 PM »
About six years ago my stepson michael got to go on a kinda wish hunt and got to share a week at a lodge in the up deer hunting with ron. My dad three other hunters along with ron's wife hunted shared camp and michaels mom and I went to be apart of it.
     Each night and morning we listened to stories from ron and others and Michael shared a blind one night with ron. Ron also drove us to shrew haven one after noon to show us around.
     One night ron read a poem to the whole group at dinner. If you have never met ron all I can say is he has a voice that goes straight to your soul. Ever since then when ever I read a post of his I kinda chuckle because I hear his voice in every word . He didn't get to hear his singing voice though many next time. Ron is definitely a very talented man.
     Thanks ron for.
Later
         Scott Wagner
Firewater Unlimited bows
    Where there motto is
              -  F.  U.  -
I can do it on my own

WWW.benifits4kids.org

Offline Elksong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 05:38:00 PM »
Ron is THE COOLEST!!!!
What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit, for whatever happens to the beasts also happens to man. All things are connected. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the children of the earth

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 08:40:00 PM »
I'd like to see him on Dancing with the Stars.  ;)
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline Claym

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 08:48:00 PM »
I stumbled across this video earlier in the summer and now I can't help but hum it every time I go shooting    :D
-Clay

Offline JDeanP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 08:54:00 PM »
Forsooth.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..."

Offline gobblegrunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 08:54:00 PM »
Mr. LaClair is THE MAN! I recently wrote him a letter telling him how much my son and I enjoyed watching his youtube videos, and he responded with a great picture of himself and a buck in a canoe with a snowy background (AWESOME PIC!)and even wrote my son a hand-written personal message! All of this in addition to a hand-written note to me as well. He's a great guy, and is obviously multi-talented! A great Traditional roll-model for sure.
"It's not about inches or antlers..."     ~Bill Langer

Offline Clint B.

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 09:10:00 PM »
The lyrics are very cool indeed. The melody of the verse reminds me of "Streets of Laredo (Cowboy's Lament) but it changes up by using a different melody for the chorus. Of course, the melody of "Streets of Laredo" wasn't original to that song either. They say it was handed down from an old English folk ballad. I think that may be the real common thread because Ron LaClair probably "channels" his music directly from the longbowmen of olden days.

Offline Rick Butler

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2010, 09:32:00 PM »
Very Cool!
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2010, 11:52:00 PM »
:clapper:
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline Elkchaser

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2010, 12:01:00 AM »
That was great. Thanks. It led me to numerous other youtube interviews and shooting exhibitions by Ron.
Very interesting man.
No matter where you go; There you are.......

Toelke Lynx RC 58", 51@28”

Offline Longbow Jake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2010, 12:11:00 AM »
LOVE IT!!!! Thanks for sharing    :clapper:
Death Before Dinner.  God is my camera man.   I Love Motorcycles and I Love Bow Hunting But I don't Mix The two I don't put wheels on my Bows

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2010, 11:07:00 AM »
Thanks all, I'm glad you like my Robin Hood song. I wrote that quite a few years ago and the tune is the "Streets Of Laredo". I thought the tune fit the time frame of the lyrics pretty well.

My Son is a Videographer who's specialty is weddings and graduations.
He's the guy responsible for all my you-tube videos. He's taken a lot from old TV shows and reformatted them for you-tube. He usually doesn't tell me about it until it's already on there. He'll call and say, "Hey Dad, check this out"...      :rolleyes:      He has his own editing equipment and has been doing this for years. If anyone in the central Michigan area needs a video done, he's very reasonable.

Scott, I'm so glad you posted. How's Michael doing? He must be pretty much grown by now. You forgot to mention that Michael took his first deer with a bow made for him by Bob Morrison during that special hunt at the "Listening Inn". The hunt was but together by Randy Gustafson.  of "Northwoods Outfitters". I'll never forget the field dressing ceremony by flashlight, with Randy, Jim Hammill and myself instructing  him...he did a good. And the evening that I sat with him in the blind?...I fell asleep and started snoring..and he had to wake me up..      :D    

Thanks again everyone..      :campfire:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Ethical Redneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2010, 11:30:00 AM »
When I first saw this guy on MBB Volume One, I thought he was a complete wierdo.  It's funny though, I find myself watching his segment on that dvd more than any other.  Point being, he's a very interesting guy ( i think he's very cool).  I wonder if he drinks Dos Equis?

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2010, 01:03:00 PM »
When I first saw this guy on MBB Volume One, I thought he was a complete wierdo.  
Good instincts Brian...   :biglaugh:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline olddogrib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2010, 01:57:00 PM »
Ron is the real deal.  Former archery champion, seller of great bows, wool shirts, poet, and now I find out the man can sing....

Of course I think his greatest feat of all is being a big enough man that you can model a loincloth and nobody even snickers! Just kidding, Ron. I'm not about to dig up that old post, I don't want to end up at the bottom of Armstrong Creek next time I come to Kalamazoo!
"Wakan Tanka
 Wakan Tanka
 Pilamaya
 Wichoni heh"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©