3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: PA Saturday Opener  (Read 309 times)

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: PA Saturday Opener
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2010, 10:54:00 AM »
Woke up to rain this morning. I don't like mixing blood with water,unless I'm washing my hands.Put my Longhunter shirt on,sat my Filson on top of my head and hiked to the top of the ridge. A mile and a half to the top with the last 200 yds pushing a 14 degree incline lets you know if it is all working or not. Could not tell if the Filson and the Longhunter kept me dry or not.....

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: PA Saturday Opener
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2010, 08:47:00 AM »
This morning was the first time I have been out since the opener. Low 40's and a clear sky. Light breeze out of the west. Perfect. I suit up in a Leafy Suit,pull on some knee high Lacrosse,grab my stool and Dorado and slip out the cellar door.

I do not even get 25 yards and the deer nail me again. Now it is dark,wind from them to me,silent walking in the grass. Unreal. Snorting,carrying on, all kinds of commotion. One continued to snort all the way up through the woods,I had nothing to lose so I snorted and continued into my blind. Got situated and sat and listened...
  One out in the field snorting,one out in front snorting,then all got quiet. 1/2 hr later I could hear the single steps cutting leaves coming in just above me with very light grunts along with it.It veered off behind me and I never did get a look.Another doe came in from my left,maybe 6 yards away.Tail at half mast and snorting lightly as she walked.Something was up and she did not like it. Down over the bank,across the creek she went. A little frustrating this morning,but it sure was good getting out.

I do not know what you guys are seeing,I work nights and last evening when I was coming home
A small buck stepped right out of the woods,nose to the ground,and trailed right across the road and up over the bank. Totally oblivious to the Jeep 20 yards in front of him. I had to come to a complete stop. Get ready,it is coming......

Good Shooting,
                                 Craig

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©