3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Iowa opener tomorrow  (Read 1391 times)

Offline Lost Creek Bows

• Trad Bowhunter
Iowa opener tomorrow
« on: September 30, 2010, 04:18:00 PM »
Iowa opener tomorrow, can't wait taking the lostcreek 54' N.A.T. out. Good luck everyone. Chad
May the spirit of archery always be with you,and keep you young at heart.  www.lostcreekbow-com.webs.com

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Iowa opener tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 04:56:00 PM »
I supposed I better get up early and see if their are any deer left in Iowa.

doug77

Offline Morning Star

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 06:10:00 PM »
I seen 1 last week, gives me hope!
Iowa Bowhunters Association - Your voice in Iowa's bowhunting and deer hunting issues!

Online Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 06:58:00 PM »
I have to work, but will get out for the last couple hours after work.  My daughter and I am going to hunt hard this weekend and hope to fill a couple doe tags.  Not that we would pass up any nice bucks, if given the opportunity.

Offline Jason Kendall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 09:43:00 PM »
Hey Chad, how did MO go? Give me a call sometime.

I got a few weeks yet before I go in the woods, no since of rushing it when we have all of November too  :)

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 09:57:00 PM »
November is toooo far away Jason!
I will be watching the sun rise and set from a stand tomorrow!  Can't wait.  Just have to pick a stand.  They just changed the wind direction on me AGAIN:)
Jason and Chad- you two need to do a booth at the Midwest expo!
Katie
"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity"  John Muir

Offline Mr.Vic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 11:09:00 PM »
Stand and blinds all in. Went scouting yesterday, kind of like a pre-game warm up and moved a stand in the last minute since i stumbled upon a fresh ground scrape 4 foot in diameter. They are using it, cause it smelled pretty. Went out today in the morning and walked into another new area on the farm and kicked out a nice mature buck, he headed to the area of where i moved the stand. Spent this afternoon sharpening broad heads. Will pass on tomorrow but Saturday will hit the woods. Cold front coming down here friday night should be a nice opening weekend. Katie go get em! It sure was a pleasure finally meeting you in person. Greywolf and i really enjoyed our time with you and the little ones. The    :coffee:   was good, but your company was better. You are one heck of a Ladyhawk.    :archer2:   Good luck Guys and Gals !!! Game on.
“I am glad I will not be young in a future without wilderness.”
― Aldo Leopold

Offline Lost Creek Bows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 11:15:00 PM »
never made mo .I'll call ya tomorrow, Jason and let you know how it go's good luck everyone. Chad
May the spirit of archery always be with you,and keep you young at heart.  www.lostcreekbow-com.webs.com

Online Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 07:18:00 AM »
Good luck everyone and hunt safe!

Offline Kelly

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2010, 10:20:00 AM »
I'm still a couple weeks away from getting serious about bowhunting here in Iowa. But, you all have fun out there!
>>>>============>

Enjoy the flight of an arrow amongst Mother Nature's Glory!

Once one opens the mind to the plausible, the unbelievable becomes possible!

>>>>============>

Yours for better bowhunting, Kelly

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2010, 01:53:00 PM »
Had a nice opener this morning!  Nice doe bedded down behind a tree at 30 yards.  She would just not give me a shot.  Nice to be out in the stand again!

Vic- glad you got everything ready!  I bet your lady is excited to get out and hunt again!  Glad to meet you 2 for coffee.  Hope to do it again soon!
K
"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity"  John Muir

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2010, 09:27:00 PM »
My pm hunt was nuts!  Had a hot air balloon in range:)  Hope u all have a good Saturday!  My hubby is running a race in Chariton so I will not be hunting tomorrow.
K

Offline Lost Creek Bows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2010, 09:43:00 PM »
I had a great hunt today three different bucks within 10 yards and three does. Get to the acorns or anything green. Good luck everyone the rest of the weekend. Chad

Offline Morning Star

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2010, 10:25:00 PM »
I sat the opener out.....first time in quite a while.  Kids...work...projects...damn I'm getting old!
Iowa Bowhunters Association - Your voice in Iowa's bowhunting and deer hunting issues!

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2010, 10:31:00 PM »
Took my 9 year old Mattie out tonight and we saw some deer most were out of range but when a doe and 2 fawns came down the trail she couldn't contain her self when they got to within about 15 yards and she spooked them off. Big lesson learned for her and she told me after they were gone " dad I just couldn't sit still I was so excited " It was a great eveing for both of us.

doug77

Offline Morning Star

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2010, 11:13:00 AM »
That would be a good evening.   Not wishing time away, but looking forward to my little ones being old enough to tag along.

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2010, 03:14:00 PM »
Mike, when they get big enough take them with every chanch you can. My best hunts have been with my children game taken or not.

doug77

Online Davt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2010, 03:52:00 PM »
I drove through Iowa in August on my way back from Colorado. Iowa was made for whitetails. Beautiful country. Good luck.
Dav

Offline Lost Creek Bows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2010, 10:54:00 PM »
I had another 6 point at 10 yards. I'm good at getting small bucks in the sweet spot, all I need is a good buck to come by. Chad

Offline Mr.Vic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2010, 09:58:00 PM »
Finally, the first night out. This afternoon enjoyed a cool sit over the big scrape i found on the edge of a bean field. After about two hours two raccoons came walking by. Thirty minutes later two more racoons came from the bean field and walked under my stand. Was very excited about this as i will be trapping this place for the first time in November. Right before dark the deer piled out of the brushy pond up the ditch from me and went out in the bean field. Two little button bucks came down and messed around in the scrape. Chewing the overhanging branch and smelling around. Two little does came under me and went back into the woods. Than a doe, the biggest i have ever seen in years came from behind me and walked out in front of me. But she was looking at me all the time and i couldn't move. Me thinking they heard me walk in and came a looking. Sitting up in my ladder stand 10 feet She never took her eyes off of me until she got out to the scrape. And the only shot i had was a butt shot so she lives for another day.
“I am glad I will not be young in a future without wilderness.”
― Aldo Leopold

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©