3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Iowa opener tomorrow  (Read 1395 times)

Online Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Iowa opener tomorrow
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2010, 11:09:00 PM »
As long as the farmers are still able to keep the wheels turning, I not going to complain about the weather.  
  Hunt safe this weekend brothers and sisters!

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2010, 11:01:00 PM »
2 bucks going after it toinght pretty hard in the corn, they never came out but it was very exceiting for a while. I will be back their when the sun come up tomorrow AM.

doug77

« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2010, 11:18:00 PM »
I have had two does, either pairs of yearlings or does with a fawn every time I have gone out this year within 15 yards.  I have not hunted in the same place twice, looking for turkeys. They seem to be staying away from my wife.  Tonight was the same, except besides two yearlings there were about 30 turkeys.  The deer came very close but the turkeys spotted me swinging at the mosquitoes.

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2010, 12:05:00 PM »
Today was my lucky day. Had a doe start blowing at me as 6:10 AM and she didn't quit till a little after  6:25  She was in the corn and never came out or moved for 15 munites, man that's frustrating.

doug77

Offline Mr.Vic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2010, 12:53:00 PM »
Don't ya just love standing corn? Doug had that problem last year. They stayed in the corn most of the season. Now this year no corn and the does all come try to find me after i get up in the stand.
“I am glad I will not be young in a future without wilderness.”
― Aldo Leopold

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2010, 03:17:00 PM »
Oh Ya Vic that's a blast hunting around the corn. You get the hear all the warning sounds those old does can make. In fact it was so much fun I think I'll go back again tonight.

doug77

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2010, 08:17:00 PM »
up

Offline JGoemaat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2010, 11:42:00 PM »
I've been seeing the first smaller bucks razing and chasing does. Lots of scrap action also. Things might pick up with some cooler weather, although harvest is coming along nicely!

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2010, 05:49:00 AM »
If things keep going the way they are around hear, their won't be much crop left by the end of next week.

doug77

Offline Mr.Vic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2010, 01:30:00 AM »
Three days ago walked into the dark corridor of death. Area named for my wife's blind in the brush. Wasn't using a flashlight as not to spook everything out of there. Silently walking i came to the place where i needed to turn right. Suddenly i hear this growl, than another,what little hair i have left on my head was at attention. I fumbled in my pocket for my mini mag light and got it on. In front of me was a Bobcat holding a small deers leg in his mouth. Crap! The stupid in me made me call his bluff and lunge at him. Don't know who crapped first? But he ran off.. That Morning was a dry run and so was the night. A Buddie knew what little hunting land i have left,(thanks to lease hunting) and the lack of me seeing deer invited me to help him hunt his acquired property. Went out there two days ago and found a spot that made my mouth water, and put my portable stand up. This morning i seen eight does, and tonight i seen one huge doe. All the corn is being picked on the other side of the farm so tomorrow the bucks should be in the brush with me.
“I am glad I will not be young in a future without wilderness.”
― Aldo Leopold

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2010, 05:25:00 AM »
Just headed out and the corn is going fast. Started seeing more deer this week.

doug77

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2010, 11:43:00 AM »
Shoud of grabbed him Vic:)

My place is strange!  Nothing is going to plan.  The deer, the few that I see, are moving the wrong way:)  I have hunted this place the same way for many years.  Never have they come and gone the way they are now.  I thought maybe it was because my beans are out and the corn across the road was in.  Well, it has been out all week and they are still all over the place.  Patterns do not exist this season so far.  I do have a crazy little button under my stand all the time.  He beds down under me!  3 times now.  I keep telling myself that he is meant to grow to be a huge buck someday, so he lives!
"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity"  John Muir

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2010, 01:19:00 PM »
The deer were out and about this morining. Saw 3 does and 5 fawns and two 2 1/2 year old bucks. Was hopeing to does would come close enough but I dropped my tree stand puting it up this AM and I think they kept their distancs from all the noise I made.

doug77

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2010, 01:29:00 PM »
I seen a 2 1/2 bumpin a doe around on Sun. mourning and lots of rubs and scraps showing up!!!
The last two years Iv shot my buck around the full moon in October  :thumbsup:
The Lord Is My Provider......

Offline Jason Kendall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2010, 08:45:00 PM »
I am hoping to get out for my first time this year on Saturday! The weather doesnt look so good but unless its pouring I will give it a shot.

Offline T.P.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2010, 09:45:00 PM »
Started trad hunting last year.  Had  several bucks within 18 yds.  Nothing  I wanted to shoot at.  This year several does the first weekend and 1 nice buck at 22 yds.  Didnt feel good about the shot.  Sunday had a 6" spike at 10 yds but I am picky.  A nice 8 point came out but no closer than 55 yds.  Been practicing 20 to 30 yds. Really dont want to shoot any farther than 20.  Many nice bucks on the trail cameras.

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2010, 07:28:00 PM »
Looks like Katie in the only person in Iowa hunting

doug77

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2010, 06:56:00 AM »
up

Online cacciatore