3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: GFA Knives  (Read 401 times)

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
GFA Knives
« on: September 30, 2010, 06:33:00 PM »
Lotta really good trad stuff out there, and every once in awhile I'm mighty extra impressed with a product or service enuf to hafta crow about it.  

So this is my long overdue kudos to G.Fred and Teresa Asbel for offering a fine selection of hunting knives at very, very reasonable prices.    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    

I took their GFA Frontier Skinner with me during this past June's hog hunt and I'm happy to say that I got a chance to put that bad boy to some good use.  

This knife's USA made high carbon steel 4" blade is beautifully made, quite strong and durable, takes and holds a *sharp*, and Damascus antique etched for olde tyme good looks.  The brass pinned curly maple handle compliments the blade for both looks and ergonomics.  Got me the matching, handsome made leather sheath for it, too.  

The curved blade and well designed handle made it an easy chore to skin out my hog.  I highly recommend checking out the lineup of GFA knives.

IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline ed burgholzer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: GFA Knives
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 06:42:00 PM »
rob, i bought one of his knifes at denton hill. and a very nice sheath. its a neck knife and i agree it takes a nice edge and the price was right.

hope i'll get to really use soon. we open this saturday...

ed
Ed Burgholzer

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 07:11:00 PM »
I have one and really like. Everything said above is true.  :thumbsup:
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline seabass

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 07:58:00 PM »
i have one too.i love it.it is one of the sharpest knives that i have owned,steve

Offline elbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 08:21:00 PM »
I have one I bought at Denton iin 2009 neck knife 3.5 inch blade gutted 4 deer with it last year great knife.

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 08:28:00 PM »
Nice knife and nicer hog!

Magnus
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 10:04:00 PM »
I have one of the smaller knives and it is great.  Just like their wool pull overs.  Great stuff.
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline Hooper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 02:08:00 AM »
I agree! I also picked up a 4in. and sheath at Denton Hill. Love the curly maple handle. Got it mounted on my back quiver strap and only have about two more weeks to go before I can break it in on the whitetails. I also got to meet and talk with Mr. Asbell for the first time, what a great guy!

Black Widow PSA III - 59#@31
Black Widow PSR III - 53#@30 1/2
Holm Osprey 62"- 55#@30"

Offline Ari

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 12:09:00 AM »
Hooper, That back quiver is a beauty who's it made by?

Offline greyghost

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 12:17:00 AM »
Nice knife and hog.

Gots one of them outfits myself and agree with its sharpness and holding an edge.

Earl

Online Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2010, 12:27:00 AM »
Not only there knives but there entire line.Keeping everything in a workingmans budget yet still giving topnotch quality and Service.
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Offline Dirtybird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2010, 04:27:00 PM »
I have to agree, that must be why I own three.  Great knives and great people to deal with.

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2010, 05:10:00 PM »
hoop is that a straight blade on your knife in the pic or is it like robs up top?
"Us vs Them"

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2010, 05:37:00 PM »
"Not only there knives but there entire line.Keeping everything in a workingmans budget yet still giving topnotch quality and Service."

Aint that the truth!! You guys be glad Teresa doesn't listen to me. I have told her more than once she could charge waaaaay more for thier products!!

Offline Brad_Gentry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2010, 05:46:00 PM »
I totally agree. Got two of the knives and a neck sheath. Great products, great prices, and you couldn't find better people to deal with!
“We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.”
– Aldo Leopold

Offline HATCHCHASER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2010, 06:35:00 PM »
Best knife I have ever had for the money. I just got my son one for Christmas. I will have a few more for sure. I don't buy stainless knives and it is hard to find good high carbon blades. All of the products I have bought from hunters image have been great.    :thumbsup:
It's not the arrival, it's the journey.

Offline badbadleroybrown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2010, 10:24:00 PM »
Is the small GFA knife a good size for an everyday carry knife?

Offline Danny J

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2010, 11:57:00 PM »
My skinner just arrived along with a very nice sheath. I took it out of the package, lightly steeled it and it is sharp enought to shave with. Might be a rough shave though.
IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM.

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2010, 01:48:00 AM »
I have one of Fred's "neck knives" and really like it.  Can't beat them for the money either:^)
Gary Logsdon

Offline todd smith

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2010, 07:51:00 PM »
I have one of the neck knives, it's always ready for instant use, readily takes an edge, and looks real traditional to boot.

AND, they're priced right.

todd
todd smith

Live wild live free

www.ToddSmithCo.com

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©