3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: A big THANK YOU to this forum....  (Read 274 times)

Offline Cottonmouth

• Trad Bowhunter
A big THANK YOU to this forum....
« on: September 30, 2010, 09:14:00 PM »
... and all the patient folks out there willing to try to help folks like me.  

I've been lurking here, chiming in occasionally, for quite a while.  

I started trying to bow hunt with an Indian longbow about 1978, switched to a compound in the 80's, back to Trad in the 90's.  Due to Life's various ups and downs, (child born, job losses, divorce, moving, blown bicep, knee injury, etc)no meat on the ground yet.  

It just hit me I've been trying to do this for almost 30 yrs....guess I'm a glutton for punishment.Something keeps drawing me back to try one more time.

Now I'm 50, and the fine bow Bodork built me is too stout for me to pull. I'm working my way back up to it, hopefully, with a Martin Jaguar @ 45#.  

I wanted to thank the Forum and the folks here for their kindness and pateince.  Sometimes when I post a question, I worry about the rolling of eyes and sighs, wondering if everyone out there is thinking, "this guy AGAIN??", but the answers keep coming, the folks are still trying to help, and this is a good place to be when life gets you down.

Thank you, one and all.

Alan   :clapper:
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."  Robert A. Heilein

Offline COOCH

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: A big THANK YOU to this forum....
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 09:20:00 PM »
This is definatly a good place to be period.Like minded souls I guess.  :campfire:
Jeff Couture

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 09:27:00 PM »
Some of the kindest most generous people you'll ever know!  When it's comes to trad question or just help with your personal life you won't find a better group of people.

Magnus
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline Pointer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 09:33:00 PM »
Alan...always remember that the only stupid question is the one that doesn't get asked. If you are wondering about it...whatever it is...someone else likely is too. Like you I started with a longbow (Paul Bunyan model as I recall..lol)  went compoind for a few years and back to trad 20 years ago..I've had some succes, even built a bow or two... but I learn new things from the Gang all the time...good luck with your season

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 10:24:00 PM »
Trad Gang is the BEST place to hang out! And for yourself, me and everyone else on this site we all have at least 2 things in common, a love for traditional archery and lifes' challenges. With God's grace we can continue to enjoy the first and overcome the obstacles. Hope things go well for you this season!
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 10:33:00 PM »
Genuine heartfelt gratitude. Good stuff. Just might catch on. Thanks
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 09:09:00 AM »
I believe that your turn will come and when that day does you are prepared to pay it forward.

It may be some small piece of equipment you no longer use or it might just be that you extend a warm welcome and offer your experience and friendship to someone just starting out.

If you just have the right attitude(I think you do) you begin to seek out opportunities to help others.

The rewards of of helping others are just awesome!!

My perfect days are those I can help someone who can't ever possibly pay me back except to pay it forward.

You made someone's day because they know who they are that extended a helping hand to you!

I appreciate your gratitude toward those who helped and gave you the support you needed to keep at it you!!

It's heart warming and I thank you for sharing it with us.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 11:23:00 AM »
Rolling eyes? I don't think so! The people here are happier to see people asking questions so that they can share their experiences and help. We are all brothers and sisters or the trad bow...there just is no better!
David M. Conroy

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 11:30:00 AM »
:readit:

Best of luck to ya this fall.....and keep us posted.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline canoeman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2010, 12:47:00 PM »
I agree with all the above.  This place has some good characters that are very generous and willing to help!

Offline Froggy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2010, 01:26:00 PM »
Can I get a Amen !!   :thumbsup:    :campfire:
TGMM  >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2010, 04:59:00 PM »
AMEN!   :thumbsup:    :D
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline seabass

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2010, 07:45:00 PM »
this site and it's people changed my life.it let me know there are still good people on this planet.tradgangers are the most kind and respectful people that you will find anywhere.i look forward to checking out this site everyday.thanks everyone,steve

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©