3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Lightest treestand????  (Read 303 times)

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
Lightest treestand????
« on: October 01, 2010, 08:30:00 AM »
Next September going to hunt bears on Kuiu Island Alaska. Hunting over salmon streams so need the smallest lightest stand I can get to ship up there. Don't care how small, just need it to be super lightweight.
Never worried about weight before in a stand, so I'm not familiar with whats out there for the super lights. Thanks!! Dave
David M. Conroy

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Lightest treestand????
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 08:32:00 AM »
Chippewa wedge-loks are very, very light. I think they make one under 10#.

Offline JCJ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 08:38:00 AM »
I have an older Loc-On LEM that is the lightest stand I've found. I am 6'4" and 235# and it is fine for me. It uses a nylon rope strap and combined with lightweight Muddy climbing sticks is makes for a very light portable package.

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 09:03:00 AM »
Lock-on "Windwalker" is probably the lightest at about 7.5 pounds.  Lone Wolf Assault is a little heavier and larger.  I prefer the LWs.

Online Ryan Rothhaar

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 09:34:00 AM »
As Orion said - Windwalker.  My original one is under 6 lbs.  I don't know what the newer ones weigh - I know they made a couple changes - 7.5 sounds right.

I use them all the time, great stands.

Ryan

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 09:37:00 AM »
I had a LEM stolen 10 years ago, that was light and VERY fast set up, easy, quiet.....Thanks for reminding me JCJ!

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 09:44:00 AM »

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 10:15:00 AM »
WOW, that Lone Wolf Assasin is only 6.5 pounds!! But big $$$!  Thanks guys, This is exactly the info I need.
David M. Conroy

Offline BCD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 10:36:00 AM »
The treesuit is the lightest I have seen, followed by the windwalker. I have a loc-on lem and I think it sucks. The loc-on spirit would be a good choice though.
BCD

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2010, 10:56:00 AM »
Other that the sling type tree stands,I would have also said the Windwalker.They list it at 7.75 lbs but my newest,used one is 6 lb 11 oz and an older one is 6 lb 5 oz.Don't forget to factor in tree steps.Also keep in mind that the sling type stands put you mostly behind the tree and the trunk has to be clear of most branches from the hang strap to your feet,so you can shoot and maneuver.I imagine the trees there are thick,with limbs to the ground.

The biggest black bear I ever mounted-or have seen for that matter,came off Kuiu island and was,maybe is,the Alaska state record and #4 in B+C.The guy had video of one maybe as big.

Sounds like a very special hunt.Good luck.

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2010, 04:32:00 PM »
I used to hunt a place that required me to hunt as covert as possible. I used the Lone wolf Alpha hand climber seat as a stand. It isn't much to stand on. Just cinch up your safety harness tight. I made a toe strap from a bungee and just hugged the tree to climb. I don't know the weight, but it is a 9"x16" space to stand on.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline stickhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2010, 07:12:00 PM »
Hard to beat lonewolf assassin with some strap on nylon steps.

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2010, 07:49:00 PM »
The little Loc-On Windwalker is the lightest I've seen listed anywhere.  I have a Limit, which has a bit larger platform and 20" seat height.  It weighs a pound more, but the extra platform is well worth it.  Along with a few LW sticks, it is my walk in and out stand.   http://www.locontreestandsllc.com/
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline Dave Alaxanian

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2010, 07:53:00 PM »
Jerry-envy you I couldn't put my lunch sac or my --- sac on the seat 2 my Lone Wolf with out the platform under my size 17's---DAM I FEEL SO  O-L-D!

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2010, 08:52:00 AM »
Believe me Dave, it was tight! It payed off though.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline Dusty Nethery

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2010, 09:33:00 AM »
+1 on the Loc-On Limit. Mine is only 12 ounces heavier than my Windwalker, but it is a heckuva lot more stand. Those Windwalkers are spooky.

Dusty

Offline granpa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2010, 12:36:00 PM »
The lightest stand I've ever used and still use is the original Loc-On Windwalker Ultralite which weighed in at 5 3/4 pounds. The new version is beefed up a bit which added 2 pounds.

Offline schlaggerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2010, 01:15:00 PM »
I agree the Loc-On are very light, I own several. However, I also own two Lone Wolf Assaults which I much prefer to the Loc-Ons. They are much quieter because of the solid platform and I love the built in bow holder. They are a couple of pounds heavier though, I believe 9.5 lbs.  Make sure you order the rubber bow grommet for the stickbow bow holder and not the compound grommet.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©