3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I don't really think we do it the hard way. How about you?  (Read 548 times)

Offline jhg

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I don't really think we do it the hard way. How about you?
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2010, 08:04:00 PM »
Hunting elk and mule deer this fall I could have killed EVERY animal I saw using powder. But with the bow it was 5 yards too far, 5 feet to the left, or some other small issue. I think trad archery is harder. By far.

Joshua
Learn, practice and pass on "leave no trace" ethics, no matter where you hunt.

Offline RAU

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2010, 10:39:00 PM »
All i can add is that traditional bows are just fun! I hunted with compounds for years, I started hunting with them in the 90s. At 20 yds i dont think either one offers an acuracy advantage in my hands now. I rarely ever just shot my compounds in the offseason just for kicks. I'd go to the shop and get it tuned up in august and shoot a few times a week to get ready, something would break and i'd have to go get it fixed. I just think the recurve is plain fun! I shoot yearround now justy for kicks. I could never waste an afternoon shooting judos in the yard at pinecones like i do now. Also i can maintain my own equipment now. I probably could have then too but it all seemed so complicated. Just more fun and better in my opinion. Stick strink and some arrows............there isnt much else but nock point and brace height, if i miss i KNOW why!! I dont think traditional is easier or better than the compound just plaijn and simple more fun and better suited to ME.

Offline ncsaknech1ydh

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2010, 12:12:00 AM »
4sure Kenny: I shot wheel bows years ago, still have em to remind me, I was always adjusting this or fixing that, traditional is the only way for me now.

It is super having to put in the work to get that perfect arrow/head/bow combo to get the perfect flight and then looking forward to my shooting sessions every day year round to be as good as I can be vs  picking up a realese, arrows and a compound, shooting a week or two before the season opener and being ready to go. There is nothing like watching the arrow fly straight and true out of my tradbow.

As a compound shooter I had no idea what I was missing! DK.
"Anchor is a place where I can relax in an uncommitted state of mind"

64" BobLee Classic TD LBow 57# @ 32 1/2
64" BobLee BCentenniel TD RCurve  53# @ 32 1/2"
Always looking for BobLee Long Bow or RCurve Limbs, 64" 40# to 50#.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©