3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tracy's first bear with her recurve on video! pics. and buck video added. on pg 1  (Read 2061 times)

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Way too cool Tracy, a big    :clapper:   to you!

Thanks for the video as well, very well put together.
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline Jesse Minish

• Trad Bowhunter
Cool video and congrats Tracy!

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
Fantastic stuff!  Congratulations to both of you!
Great animals and great pictures and video.  :thumbsup:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline crgaston

• Trad Bowhunter
Wow, that's beautiful... Great job both of y'all.
Always be reading

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
That was Tanner growling? Thank goodness! I thought the only other possible source was Bill.   :eek:  
Tracy, you reminded me of me, going through that wild roller-coaster ride of emotions after a kill. Definitely an honest recording of an honest hunt.

I tasted bear meat last fall, when my buddy ApplePie killed one out of my camp. Got me hot to kill one too, that is some very fine eating!

I made ersatz Rumaki over the campfire. Yummmmm!
Killdeer   :thumbsup:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks everyone for your great comments. I had a wonderful time on my hunt and I truly enjoy putting the videos together to share with others. I had so many emotions going through me after shooting my bear, I didn't think I was going to be able to hold myself together.

I am blessed that I can do the things I love with the person closest to me (Bill).

Tracy

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
Tracy, thanks for sharing your hunt. It was neat to see your emotions and I'm happy to see you make that second shot. That bear was meant to be. Keep Bill in vittles and Tanner on bloddtrails. Don't forget to check my finger grooves on that ZSR!
Mike Gerard  owlbait
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline rick7

• Trad Bowhunter
great job tracy

Offline jcprintz

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Congratulations Bill and especially Tracy. Sounds like you had a great hunt. Bill, I guess your finger is doing better.
Congrats again,
Jamie
TGMM,Family of the Bow

Offline jomama

• Trad Bowhunter
Congratulations Bill and Tracy, that deserves a round of OREO's.

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Those are some awesome videos! Thanks and congrats...Ryan

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
Very nice.  Your excitement was contagious.... thanks for sharing.
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
way to capture a great hunt love all the footage. i felt like i was right there. great shootin miss tracy!i love mr bill's deer hunt footage too thanks for takin us along. filming a hunt is something im lookin to do in the future, ruddy
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Just watched Tracy's hunt about 6 times... Awesome!!! You two need to do a TV show to show the rest of the world how it's really done and what it's really about. Congratulations to both of you. Well done!  :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:    :clapper:

Ron
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Congraqdulations Tracy! Real nice video and great to see you and Bill interacting in the tree.

Online TooManyHobbies

• Trad Bowhunter
I didn't know a bear would come back after getting hit the first time. What damage did the first arrow do?
60" Bear Super Kodiak 50@28 (56@31)
68" Kohannah Long Bow 62@30

Offline Jake

• Trad Bowhunter
Congrats Tracy.  Way to go.  Thanks for the videos.

Offline PSUBowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Congratulations to both of you. Good shooting. Always impressive to see that you dont need a 70# to hunt big game.

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks again for all the great comments.It is always imprssive to see what a bow with a well tuned arrow will do.Especialy one that has a broadhead that is KME sharp.

The finger is healing up nicely.If you look close when I draw my bow in the deer video you can see the big black skab.I'm just glad it got well enough that I did not have to shoot left handed.

Hey Joe this hunt is right up your alley.Plenty of time for sun bathing.We had 3 packs of Oreo's along on this trip.Sadly none survived.They were all thoroughly drownded in milk.

TMH,At first I thought the first arrow hit the bear also.After we got the bear back to camp and skinned out.There was not even a mark on the skin from the first arrow.It only hit hair.

Ron,Is the quiver working for you?Tell Jake I have his armguard ready.I will bring it to Kazoo,unless he wants it sooner.

Thanks again guys.I think the fact that she missed the first shot and the bear came back just made the emotions that much more intense.
Bill

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
Congrats Bill and Tracy !!!!  :thumbsup:    :notworthy:  

Bill

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©