3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: short stepping  (Read 726 times)

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
short stepping
« on: October 02, 2010, 04:06:00 PM »
Well, I was a mile in the swamp with a climber on my back. Slipping around with my "cat like" skills..lol and got tangled up in a vine and fell like the clumsy old man I am.Lets just say that knees are made for bending one way.Took me almost 3 hours to get out. I left the climber on the ground and left about 8 pigs rooting in the first slew I went by.I kinda think I`m tuff so I did`nt go to the doctor mainly cause I`m tight and can buy a lot of arrows for the price of a doctors visit.Big mistake...after 4 hours at the ER last night they decided I had torn a muscle with a name I can`t spell from my knee to my ankle and another from my knee to my butt.Takes me 5 minutes to get to the bathroom from the couch.

The climbing stand is on the dirt at the end of the Y at horse creek wma throwed in a blow down. Its a give away. If you can find it you can have it.I`m done with`m. I`ll use very light loc ons and a wood pecker drill or hunt from the dirt from now on.I`ll have two more for sale cheap at the horsecreek hunt as well.
 I did`nt fall from the stand but toting that heavy sonofagun did`nt help my balance at all.
 I`m claiming all the handicap areas at horsecreek for the rest of the season..lol. Ya`ll be careful out there.When your laying in the mud in pain a mile from the truck it`ll make you think how quick bad things can happen when you think your feeling purty strong.RC

Offline wv lungbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: short stepping
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 04:14:00 PM »
Sorry to hear about your fall RC. Are you going to be out for the rest of the season?
>>>>PICK-N-STICK--->

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 04:15:00 PM »
geeeez!   heal up quick man!

Offline stickhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 04:16:00 PM »
Man that sounds like my luck I feel your pain.

Offline S.C. Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 04:22:00 PM »
Sorry to hear about your injury. Hope you heal soon. Try to keep safe and don't push it to hard.
USMC 82-86

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 04:27:00 PM »
I`m gonna be hunting but it won`t be a long ways in. I have a 3-4 honey holes only a 100 yards or so from the road and some very good Friends to help if I shoot something.I`m used to hunting places a long ways in. A mile is actually "close" and an easy hunt. I also will hunt a lot from the boat. I can walk a couple hundred yards from the River and hunt some very Prime spots. RC

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 05:19:00 PM »
Glad you are going to be ok RC! The deer and hogs at Horse Creek are probably throwing a party after they "heard" the news!
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2010, 05:24:00 PM »
I hear ya Randy. The group I left rooting on the way out don`t know how lucky they were. Its amazing when "killing" ain`t on your mind how close you can get. I was dragging a leg with no thought of being quiet and stumbled up on them within 20 yards. RC

Offline House

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2010, 05:25:00 PM »
Take care, get better, and put the hammer down on 'em RC.

Travis
"Dad I think maybe sometimes you think too much" after an errant shot stump shooting with Cameron, my 5 year old son.

TGMM Family of the Bow
MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2010, 05:28:00 PM »
Get better soon and get out there and after them. Like you I've decided my feet on the ground makes more sense and a hell of lot less trouble.
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2010, 06:08:00 PM »
Good thing you didn't fall on one of those snakes you take pictures of. Sorry to hear this and hope you heal fast. Hap

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2010, 06:18:00 PM »
Your accident could of been a lot worse. I'm glad you are home and able to recover.

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2010, 06:22:00 PM »
I feel for you friend. I've been there but mine was a broken ankle from trying to use and old log on a hillside to sneak along.

I'm sorry you're hurting. I got you covered though, asking for a quick and complete recovery.

I'm always on my guard but it didn't stop me from a down hill spill this week. There was a small sapling over the trail too high to step over but it was loose at both ends so I thought I'd just lift one end and heave it out of the way. Problem!! I went with it..lol I was leaning forward and just enough off balance to send me over.

If coordination ruled the world, I'd be a peasant!..lol

Get well soon RC!

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Canyon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2010, 06:27:00 PM »
Hope you heal up quick. Sometimes such things can be a blessing though. You might find that you'll see animals you most likely wouldn't have if you were healthy and doin your norm.
A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight;nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety;is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free,unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2010, 08:42:00 PM »
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline oops29

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2010, 09:13:00 PM »
glad you made it back could have been worse !!ihave a torn maniscuse (sure i spelled it wrong) in my knee -dr.said it looks bad needs surgery  but i put a brace on it and somedays i don't limp quite so bad  tell myself the pain is all in my head  {never give up!}

Offline Shinken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2010, 05:21:00 PM »
Glad that you made it out and back home safely RC!

Sounds sorta like my 2009 season...a one day hunt ending with a torn calf muscle on a steep mountainside downhill from camp...but PRAISE THE LORD! by the grace of God I made it back to camp and then home safely....

We all need to count our BLESSINGS!

May the remainder of your 2010 hunting season be a safe one!

Shoot straight, Shinken
"The measure of your life will be the measure of your courage."

TRUTH is TRUTH
even if no one believes it

A LIE is a LIE
even if everyone believes it

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2010, 07:40:00 PM »
Hang in there RC, take your time healin' up.  Don't push it.  :archer:

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2010, 07:51:00 PM »
Dang Robert, hope you heal up quick!!   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    

I fell once with my LW climber on my back in the dark. Fell forward with all my weight on one knee on a rock, and the stand came over, cutting the back of my head. Probably could have used a couple stiches, but that wasn't the bad part...the pain in my knee from hitting the rock almost made me puke!

Something I never want to expereince again    :pray:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2010, 07:56:00 PM »
Man RC I hope you heal up quick.   :pray:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©