3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ~~ IT"S FINALLY HERE!!! ~~ Now with Pics on the last page!  (Read 2960 times)

Offline Siloutemirage

• Trad Bowhunter
~~ IT"S FINALLY HERE!!! ~~ Now with Pics on the last page!
« on: October 02, 2010, 06:05:00 PM »
So it's finally here and im ever so happy! there's a quick pic on pg 3 near the bottom!! I cant wait to give her a try. it needs a few things, like the nock seems really low to me. its easy to pull, which is alright since im new to this (or the string is loose? dunno? it was a pain to string.) and its really long! im 5' 4" and its 66" inchs... i hope thats not a bad thing! either way i need arrows pronto so i can see how badly i shoot with it on thursday! hahahaha!

Really... i am more then a patient person. but Ive been waiting for over a week for something that i thought should have been here Thursday and that i KNOW has been in town since Friday. and Ive gotten no message, no slip no nothing. and if i had known they wouldnt even have tried to deliver it today i would have marched right down their and give them he!!. i mean i love my normal route lady... but if you dont have the common courtesy to get your butt out of your car, when im home and leave a note... then what else am i supposed to do but complain!? Now i have to wait even longer for my bow. im so upset its not even funny. i mean maybe im over re-acting, but darn it. I've encountered so much generosity on this site, and was so hyped up to give it a try and have something to show for all that genorisity and nothing. im so upset. *sighs* now im just discouraged with everything. theres a lot else going on, but i figured this would be my one good thing. guess not. i'll get off my soap box/whine fest and go hit my head on a wall    :banghead:    or something now....
For the Fun of it!

Offline Canyon

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ~~ IT"S FINALLY HERE!!! ~~ Now with Pics on the last page!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 06:22:00 PM »
:biglaugh:    :biglaugh:  I am not laughin at you I am laughin at me cause I have so been there. BTW the walls dont work just makes your head hurt. I once stopped the Fed Ex truck while directing traffic on an accident to ask about an anticipated delivery.

You'll forget the frustration Monday when you finally get that bow in your hand.
A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight;nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety;is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free,unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 06:24:00 PM »
Sorry!! Sometimes a woman just can't catch a break!

I'm having to wait until Monday since mine didn't show today.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 06:50:00 PM »
I live in a smallish town and the PO folks know me and all about bow deliveries and stuff. I think when they know I am waiting on a bow they send out delivery trucks to drive past my house just to tease me-everwhere I look I see mail trucks, and I just know my bow is in there-why don't they stop and make the delivery?   :bigsmyl:

Offline Siloutemirage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 06:52:00 PM »
thats funny bjorn.

Mudd, Honestly i cant catch a brake.

Canyon, glad im not the only one.

Hopefully my dad can pick it up for me (without a slip, i just printed out the tracking number) they never left a slip and i work the entire time their open. if he cant, then i have to wait till thursday which is my day off.  :(
For the Fun of it!

Offline Buckeye Trad Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 07:14:00 PM »
This is not directed at everyone in the postal service(by this I mean not intended at you Killdeer), but I have had just bad luck with the post office.  At my old place the delivery was just horrid.  You never knew if a package was going to make it to you or not and if it did there was a good chance it wouldn't be in one piece.  After I moved to a different town I'd figure the mail service would be better.  Wrong, this mail person is so lazy that one day when I got home from work she had literaly driven the mail truck through my yard and was parked literaly on my front steps.  Then she had the nerve to actualy throw the package out the window onto my deck.  I actually watched all this happen.  I can't even explain how angry this made me.  :mad:

Offline seabass

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 07:26:00 PM »
sorry to hear about your bow.i'm wating on one too.i have no patience when i comes to waiting on something to arrive.i am tring to work on this,but it is so hard.right now i am waiting on a bow,two dozen arrow shafts,shooting glove,turkey feathers and obsidian arrowheads.so i feel where you are coming from.i hope you get your bow real soon so we all can get a look at it.i am sure you will love it,steve

Offline S.C. Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2010, 07:27:00 PM »
I am having a issue as we speak about this issue today. I got a bow from a fellow member here on the gang. I have confirmatiom package was received for shipment this was on Monday Sept 27, expected delivery Sept 29 this was by priority mail insured today still no bow. I contacted the P.O. gave my story, they gave me a case number and said we will contact you in 2 business days, we are going to try to locate the item. I thought Priority was a priority? Anyone else have this problem?
USMC 82-86

Offline fredhill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2010, 07:46:00 PM »
i sent some topo maps to a friend who lives in a town of 1100 people 40 miles away on Sept. 6th. I shipped 1st class with delivery conformation. it took 6 days to reach the one and only post office in that town. my friend lives 1.5 miles from the post office. he got the maps in his mailbox Sept.30!!!

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2010, 07:50:00 PM »
Wasn't me...

Killdeer   :biglaugh:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline kennyb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2010, 08:01:00 PM »
patience, Irene, patience!
Kennyb
>>>-------------->
Black Widow-PSA III 60"
Tall Tines Recurve 62"
U.S Army Veteran
U.S. Army Military Police K-9 Corps

Offline Okie man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2010, 08:03:00 PM »
But on the other hand, I made a trade with Canadabowyer in BC and we both had our bows in 10 days from the date we shipped them. That's pretty good time considering they had to be inspected by Customs and travel over 2000 miles.  Neither bow was damaged either.  Sometimes the post office is the model of efficiency and other times you wonder if there is a black hole that packages fall in and are never seen again.
When the moment of truth arrives, the time for preparation has passed

Offline 2 Barrels

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2010, 08:04:00 PM »
Yep i've been haveing bad luck with usps.I dont know whats going on.But items that took a few days a year ago now takes 10 days.My daughter bought OSU tickets on the big auction site.The seller lives in Akron i live about 20 miles east of Columbus.The seller shipped the tickets on monday priority mail.They arrived here on friday.The game was on thursday.It's only 80 or so miles.I could of walked them here in that time.Wow thanks i feel better now.Hope your bow makes it soon.Jim
Never trust a bald man with a pony tail.If he's not honest with himself.He wont be honest with you.

Offline NY Yankee

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Wooden Bows, Wooden Arrows and 2-Blade Broadheads
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2010, 08:07:00 PM »
Wait til you do get it and one end of the package has been re-sealed like it was opened and the bow looks like someone tried to string it and shoot it in the warehouse on lunch break. Just something to keep you flying.
"Elk don't know how many feet a horse has!"
Bear Claw Chris Lapp

Offline adeeden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2010, 08:07:00 PM »
Been there done that! But I will give a Big tip of the camp hat to the post office here a few weeks ago. Hot hap mailed me some broadheads he said he sent them out at around 1:00 P.M. on Tuesday well at 11:00 A.M. Wednesday they were in my mailbox here at home! 22 hours from door to door!
"I would rather be lucky then good, any day!"

Offline Problem Child

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2010, 08:36:00 PM »
When I'm expecting one of my "toys",I'll be sitting at the PO before they open.
"Right Wing Extremists"....has a nice ring to it don't it?

Offline Siloutemirage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2010, 08:40:00 PM »
i guess first off i assumed it was sent prioriety... bad me never assumed. so when 5 days came and went i thought "Oh noes! its lost in the mail!" Wah! but then i asked and found it was sent normal... ok fine. just a few more days. then i find out they "attempted" to deliver it and left a note.... uhh... i guess the squirrel's stole the note to use as a nesting material or something. i mean i even checked some trash that was in my yard to make sure it hadnt escaped with the wind.

then i forgot that they no longer redeliver if i dont actually request it. which they used to even though they looked at me like i was crazy the last time this happen.

now dont get me wrong, i love USPS. ive never had a problem and all my packages have arrived safely to their destination. (im a pro packer though...) and one time i had a package lost, but that was due to parcel post apperantly sending it the scenic route... USPS still thinks that it never arrived to its destination. took a month or more, but it got there.

and like i said, i love my normal route lady. shes typically very nice and always leaves my packages in a safe little place.

its just frustrating. all the bad always happens at the same time you know? I've been to the range already and like bass pro two or so times. more then enough places to get new string, arrows and stuff. each time i think i will be ready i havent been.

Its a good thing i dont hunt. O__O it would make me even more livid if i was waiting for it to hunt with. not that it would be legal to do so. Haha

Oh well. i'll just breath and go over all the stuff i do have and hope it will all work.
For the Fun of it!

Offline Siloutemirage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2010, 08:41:00 PM »
Originally posted by Problem Child:
When I'm expecting one of my "toys",I'll be sitting at the PO before they open.
i wish i could! but i cant. T_T you know the times were im actually scheduled for work (cause they keep cutting my hours) is when i get stuff that im expecting.
For the Fun of it!

Offline Siloutemirage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2010, 08:43:00 PM »
Originally posted by NY Yankee:
Wait til you do get it and one end of the package has been re-sealed like it was opened and the bow looks like someone tried to string it and shoot it in the warehouse on lunch break. Just something to keep you flying.
i wouldnt pass it by someone to do that. but then id have some more mighty words for people if it came broken cause some stupid person tried to play with it.  :(
For the Fun of it!

Offline Blackstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2010, 08:46:00 PM »
This is a local mail truck a few days ago. Be glad your new bow was not in it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©