3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Fresh Start to the 2010 Deer Season  (Read 131 times)

Offline Altiman94

• Trad Bowhunter
Fresh Start to the 2010 Deer Season
« on: October 03, 2010, 03:10:00 PM »
The 2009 season was a downer (almost).  I did harvest a doe (with muzzy) and a doe (with compound).  Then I devoted the rest of the year to the recurve (my bob lee).  I never did get a shot on anything, but it was refreshing having it in the woods.

Fast forward to 2010 season, my wife and I have moved to a new area due to a job.  I have new public land to hunt and spent the first two days of season with the trad bow.  I'm thinking I'm going to ditch the compound forever and keep with it.

I don't have the freezer space I did last year, but still hoping to take a nice buck.  If I get a doe in range, maybe let one fly also.

With that said...I have a deer roast in the crock pot with all the fix ins.  

What words of wisdom do you all have for sticking to the trad bow and ditching the compound forever?
>>>--------->

Offline Cottonwood

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Fresh Start to the 2010 Deer Season
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 03:19:00 PM »
Only you can have the feel or not if your complete with traditional only.

I can hike forever with my traditional bow in hand, something I could never do with my compound as they get heavy, heavy and heavier.  Dang, I bumped the sight now I got to shoot it to see if I'm still on etc..... Watch them cams and wheels, dang is it bent?  Hunt over.

With traditional bows, you carry an extra sting in your pocket and go.  So relaxing, and I think you get the picture from there.  If I get a deer or an elk down with my traditional bow.... what a bonus.
Member: Montana Bowhunters Association, Traditional Bowhunters of Montana

"I don't bowhunt for a living... but I live to bowhunt the traditional way!"

Offline rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Fresh Start to the 2010 Deer Season
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 03:22:00 PM »
That would be a totally personal decision on your part.  If you are going to be out in the woods wondering "what if i had my compound", then it wouldn't be worth it.
Using the words that Nike made famous.....Just Do It!
   :)
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©