3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What's it like when you got your mojo workin'?  (Read 113 times)

Offline OkKeith

• Trad Bowhunter
What's it like when you got your mojo workin'?
« on: October 03, 2010, 07:16:00 PM »
Lisa and I were practicing the other day out to 20 yards. We got to talking about what it really feels like when we are doing everything right. What is our mind doing when we are really ON.

In the instant between when my brain says RELEASE and my fingers get the message, I simply "know" when a shot is tightly on target. When I am concentrating correctly and pick a spot, everything around that spot blurs and the spot is crystal clear. The arrow seems to fly down a tunnel and hit where I’m looking. The trick for me is to look at a very precise spot.

Lisa says that for her, it's the mental equivalent of driving down a rutted dirt road and the wheels jump into the ruts. Think in the ruts, stay in the ruts, and shoot a good arrow. Do everything the same way every time. Push hard, pull hard, all the way through the release.

One of my best buddies says everything goes blank and he never remembers releasing the arrow until it's on its way (when things are working right). My other buddy has no idea how it works. He picks a spot and just shoots it.

How do things feel or look when YOU got your mojo workin'?

OkKeith
In a moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.
Theodore Roosevelt

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©