3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Afghanistan Archery Range: Camp Cuervo Archery Club-Camp Sablau-Harrison  (Read 2112 times)

Offline fireman_3311

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Afghanistan Archery Range: Camp Cuervo Archery Club-Camp Sablau-Harrison
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2010, 05:32:00 PM »
Good deal Mudd!
Official Measurer for Boone and Crockett, Pope and Young, Compton's, Longhunters, and both Mo books.  Have tape, will travel!!!

Offline jack benson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2010, 05:35:00 PM »
Jon...did you order them from Roger? I can pick them up and get them to you.
Without geometry, life is pointless.

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2010, 05:52:00 PM »
That's a wonderful sight to see right there! Keeping the Faith and Flingin' Arrows all the way around the world, that's just awesome Sgt. Pratt!
You should be very proud!   :thumbsup:
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2010, 06:05:00 PM »
Jon is there any way we could buy a shirt, and use the money to buy them some more gear as well? I am not in the military, but have family that are, and for you guys over there, THANK YOU!! and God Bless you guys (and gals)!!
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline Jmatt1957

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2010, 07:53:00 PM »
Hey guys my Dad is the Post Comander of our local service club. They have agreed to pay for packaging and shipping of the first 100 arrows we get donated. We can just put the tabs, gloves and arm guards into those boxes. If this ok let me know and I will post my address and a date when we will ship later on tonight or tomorrow.
  Jim

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2010, 08:31:00 PM »
Jim,  Use the large flat rate boxes for small things like arm guards,tabs, gloves etc.  that will cost you a flat rate of around $15.00.
The real expense will be shipping the arrows and bows.  We at Camp Cuervo have been shipping archery gear to Iraq since 2004. Thats why we have shirts made up to raise funds for postage rates.

Steadman, we use the shirt sales to pay for shipping  costs.  We have had pretty good luck in getting most of the gear that is being sent over donated to us. We sell the shirts for $15.00 each plus $3.00 for mailing them out. I have a few XL  Camp Cuervo Iraq shirts left and a new order of Camp cuervo Afganistan shirts coming soon. We do buy Rhinehart targets and send them over.

Jack, I spoke with Roger today and the Camp Cuervo Archery Club Afganistan shirts will be ready no later than Weds.  I am not sure how you could get them to me unless you want to meet me part way between Lansing and Muskegon.

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2010, 08:56:00 PM »
Just 3 more days till our Camp Cuervo Archery Club hunt in the stomping grounds of Fred Bear himself.  I've been looking forward to this like a kid does Christmas.  

I'm looking forward to meeting alot of you guys, and swapping all kinds of "truths".  I'll see you all on Friday afternoon.  Maybe "Old Fred" will be watching us, and see to it we have plenty of deer down by Friday night, so we can enjoy the campfire and Great North Woods the rest of the trip..
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2010, 08:59:00 PM »
Mailing address for MP1SG is:

Vernon Pratt
46 MP CMD/TF
Peacekeeper (BAF)
APO,AE 09354

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2010, 09:02:00 PM »
When mailing archery items to the troops be careful what you list on the declaration form. I was told no glue, no pork jerky and no bibles.  My list now says, archery equipment,snacks and books.

Offline glass76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2010, 09:08:00 PM »
First Sergeant Vernon Pratt, thank you and the soldiers serving with you for your service to our country. If you are needing equipment to keep your archery range going I would like to think you could'nt have asked a better group of people. This is an effort we all should be behind.
     Whoever is going to collect all donations and ship them to you needs to post their address (Mudd, are you handling this?) so we can mail our items to the correct address.
     Thanks again.   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Offline Eugene Slagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2010, 09:20:00 PM »
Thank you sir for the service you & your fellow soldiers are doing for our country.
Zona Custom Recurve: 60" 49# @ 27.5".
Sky Sky Hawk Recurve: 60" 47# @ 27.5".
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore, please take thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and hunt game for me.

Offline pronghorn23

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2010, 10:12:00 PM »
Sgt Pratt,
I'll be sending you about three dozen aluminum arrows...sized 2117 and 2018 or 2016. Some will need some nocks and some fletchings replaced..I don't know if you have the means to do that over there or not.  
Also will be sending you some wooden arrows.
The aluminum are from my compound days, woodens are older ones I made up then changed arrow sizes.
I always planned to try and sell or trade them. You need them more than any of us over here.
I'll try and get them out this weekend. I'll see if I can scrounge up an armguard or gloves but not sure...screw in points too.

Keep fighting the good fight, and keep kicking ass!

God Bless you, your unit and all of the others fighting for us. Return home safely too!

Offline MP1SG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2010, 10:17:00 PM »
Shipping address is:

Vernon Pratt
46 MPC / TF PEACEKEEPER
(BAF)
APO, AE 09354

Thank you everyone, may God bless you.

Offline MP1SG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2010, 10:23:00 PM »
Good contacts for supporting the Camp Cuervo Archery Ranges are Jon Stewart and the Michigan Longbow Association; they can steer you in the right direction. As for the initials TFPK theys stand for TASK FORCE PEACEKEEPER which refers to the group of units under my units command.

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2010, 10:27:00 PM »
John Vasos, past President of the Michigan Longbow Association is the originator of Camp Cuervo and has sent an unknown amount of archery equipment, bows, arrows, targets, Etc to Iraq.  Me, I just the Camp Cuervo t-shirt salesman helping John out.

Semper Fi (67-69)

Jon

Offline MP1SG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2010, 10:34:00 PM »
Thanks Jon, I wasn't sure if John was on this site and I knew you would be able to steer people in the direction needed.

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2010, 10:37:00 PM »
Originally posted by Jon Stewart:

Steadman, we use the shirt sales to pay for shipping  costs.  We have had pretty good luck in getting most of the gear that is being sent over donated to us. We sell the shirts for $15.00 each plus $3.00 for mailing them out. I have a few XL  Camp Cuervo Iraq shirts left and a new order of Camp cuervo Afganistan shirts coming soon. We do buy Rhinehart targets and send them over.
I'll take one if you can get me a 2X, and that would be my way to help since I don't have any gear to donate. Let me know where to get it and who to send the money to, or start a seperate post for it....I think the Tshirts are a great idea!
Well....that is if you folks from Michigan would let a Missouri Hick wear one?   :goldtooth:
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2010, 10:50:00 PM »
Chris, PM sent

Offline Siloutemirage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2010, 10:53:00 PM »
God bless the troops. Wish i had something to donate but im new and am still getting stuff together... i wish you all the luck in the world! im sure it will stick around and its an admirable thing you've done. im sure the guys appreciate it too. Im sure you will get lots of donations. everyone here is super nice and generous!
For the Fun of it!

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2010, 11:01:00 PM »
jon pm sent
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©