3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Afghanistan Archery Range: Camp Cuervo Archery Club-Camp Sablau-Harrison  (Read 2104 times)

Offline Rusty.Lininger

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Afghanistan Archery Range: Camp Cuervo Archery Club-Camp Sablau-Harrison
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2010, 10:02:00 AM »
Thanks for the reply, Brother. We are the MWR/Rod&Gun club in Baumholder Germany. Neadless to say, we are here for soldiers and their families. We do have ways of doing donations to different clubs and so on, I'm still working on that one...

On the other note about Scouts, never was one. I was just an an Army sniper and in leg units, we were the Scouts as well. Not so much shooting, but just looking around.

My heart is with you

Online DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2010, 05:39:00 PM »
Mailed a 3pc recurve, some tabs, armguard, points etc today. Arrows, and fletching equipment goes out in a day or two.
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline JDVasos

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2010, 07:05:00 PM »
Wow, I just got back from our Vet hunt and checked this thread out after hearing so much about if from Jon Stewart.  You guys are fantastic!

For God and Country!

Online DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2010, 07:17:00 PM »
The men and women serving are fantastic. Nothing we can do to support them can make-up for their scarifices on behalf of all of us. The best we can do is remind them that they are appreciated and are always in our prayers. GOD BLESS.
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline glass76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2010, 08:48:00 PM »
Well said DannyBows.     :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2010, 10:38:00 AM »
Shipping arrows out today....
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Leapingbare

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2010, 10:55:00 AM »
I've been to Iraq and to Afghanistan too.
 When i was in Iraq in 2007 We were on a mission and MedVak went red so we had to spend 3 days at FOB Qwest I stopped by the MWR there, and to my suprise i saw they had an Archery Rang and long bows and recuves! I was soo exited and after being boots in the dirt for 7 months it was a blessing to be able to shoot a bow, i shot so much those 2 days that my fingers were raw and i had a smile tan on my face.
 I should be headed back to Afghanistan soon and hope to find a archery rang again!
 Thank you so much to everyone involved!

Online DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2010, 11:18:00 AM »
Thank you Leapingbare for your servuce and your story just warms my heart. I know how much I look forward to getting home from the job and letting off some stress flinging a few arrows. I'm just doing a routine driving job, and have all the normal comforts around me. I can only imagine that feeling is magnified 10,000 times when put in your situation there and being separated from all that we love back here. If I had the means I'd be landing an entire aircraft loaded with archery gear and whatever else our servicemen and women wanted at every base. However my name is not Bill Gates so we do what we can. I served from 76' to 82', between the ugly conflicts, and if I wasn't considered an "Old Guy" I'd be right there with you fine people. Be safe and GOD BLESS.

Offline JDVasos

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2010, 11:27:00 AM »
Jesse (Leapingbare) if we can help out when you get there give us a shout.  As long as there are patriots willing to give a hand we will be there as well...

Offline JDVasos

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2010, 11:33:00 AM »
I might add that along with Vern's range there are three Iraqi Boy Scout archery ranges now (Check out the Primitive Archer Article Bagdad Beauty) , Diamondback has one and is helping out with some surrounding ranges in Iraq. We got shut down with our latest group from Port Huron Michigan as they where forbidden to take any archery equipment to Kuwait.

Offline MercilessMing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2010, 07:04:00 PM »
Sending some bamboo arrows I just made tomorrow.

Online DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: October 14, 2010, 07:44:00 PM »
Iraqi Boy Scouts. Wow. I don't believe anyone would have dreamed of hearing that name 10 or so years ago. That advancement was a product of the work and sacrifices of our fine servicemen and women.

Offline JDVasos

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2010, 08:23:00 PM »
DannyBows check out:

http://www.victorybasecouncil.org/  

Several years back I mentioned to Sgt Keith Gibson who wrote the article featured on the front page of Primitive Archery Magazine that we should get these scouts into archery.
  I believe it was not a favorable idea with the Mayors council.
  I don't know how to put up the many pictures I have posted on Camp Cuervo Archery Club Face book group page 5,6,7 and 8 maybe 9 but you can find them on the photo section there:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112515148777307

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: October 14, 2010, 09:21:00 PM »
THE CAMP CUERVO ARCHERY CLUB AFGANISTAN shirts are in.  Please e-mail me at [email protected] to order them.

Jesse Wright, Leapingbear ,PM sent.

Semper fi (USMC 67-69)

Jon

Online DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: October 14, 2010, 09:55:00 PM »
JDVasos that is really cool, Thanks.

Offline MP1SG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: October 14, 2010, 11:54:00 PM »
JD, how did the Grayling hunt go? Give us the details.

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: October 15, 2010, 08:34:00 AM »
ttt

Offline JDVasos

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: October 15, 2010, 10:48:00 AM »
The Grayling hunt went great despite we could not find any deer.
  Some hunted more than others and I would guess that possibly fifteen or more hunters showed up.  Weather was great and I enjoyed just being up there.
  A soldier from Grayling brought wood over to one of the campsites and I wish I could have talked to him more and thank him but I met him around the fire for a minute when I was pulling in.
  Jon Stewart and I had to camp further down from the others due to the fact the camp ground was filled up due to the nice weather.
  Captain Prince SFC Revette joined up with us on Sunday evening and Major Leon Williams our guest wounded warrior stayed at the hotel with his family but came out for several days to learn how to shoot a bow.
  Both him and his wife had a great time trying to hit the Rinehart target.
  He left on Sunday with a CCAC recurve, arrows and a Rinehart throwing target we gave them.  You can be sure we have two more traditional archers added to our ranks this weekend as well.
  It is great to be able to be able to do something like this in our wonderful country.
  I appreciate it every day more and more...

Online DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: October 15, 2010, 05:17:00 PM »
UP

Offline MercilessMing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: October 16, 2010, 05:05:00 AM »
Spoke with a coworker today.  He asked me to forward this thread to him cause he may have some used but good enough arrows to sent for the boy scouts.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©