3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Great Ohio Rabbit Hunt 2011  (Read 4149 times)

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Great Ohio Rabbit Hunt 2011
« Reply #240 on: February 20, 2011, 07:47:00 PM »
Tree,who was that lady you were with?  :laughing:    :deadhorse:  

Sorry, I had to just one more time.
 (those who weren't there it was his wife. An inside joke)
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline longbowben

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #241 on: February 20, 2011, 08:00:00 PM »
Picking on the fat guy!I want to thank everyone that helped on this event.It was a blast and we are going back at the next event.And Osagetree you are the man.If you didn't attend you missed out.Osagetree made some great self bows and my son "eagleeye" was one of the lucky people had the privilege to take home one of his masterpieces.Here is a little story after receiving the bow he went straight to the bionic bunny and his first 4 shots killed the bunny everyone was dying a 9 year old with a self bow it was outstanding.I was one proud dad!Thanks Osagetree.  :clapper:
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow
USAF 90-96 69TH Bomb Squadron

Offline longbowben

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #242 on: February 20, 2011, 08:07:00 PM »
And since Osagetree gave eagleeye a bow.Eagleeye is giving his vodostick to RM81s son.Here is a picture of that bow  
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow
USAF 90-96 69TH Bomb Squadron

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #243 on: February 20, 2011, 08:41:00 PM »
Looks like I missed out on a WHOLE lota fun and seein old friends  :knothead:
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Osagetree

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #244 on: February 20, 2011, 08:42:00 PM »
The young Eagleeye not only impressed me with his shooting but also with his generosity!  :notworthy:
>>--TGMM--> Family of the Bow

Offline Eagleeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #245 on: February 20, 2011, 08:56:00 PM »
Thanks Osagetree, You are Number 1!!!!!!!!!!!!in my book  :archer:    :archer2:
Hoots 54" 55@28
at my draw 42@24

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #246 on: February 20, 2011, 10:35:00 PM »
Originally posted by bowmofo:
I see Mark C, Rob(old school)Is that Dylan  in the first pick? He grew some! any more picts?
Dylan's in all three pics but he's hard to see in the second and third.  Those are all I have.  There were more taken at GORH though - hope they get posted soonish.   :D

Offline Jason Lester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #247 on: February 21, 2011, 12:04:00 AM »
Eagleeye,

Jacob say Hi. And has told everyone about you today. He had a blast. So did I watching you two.
Jason Lester

Offline J.F. Miller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #248 on: February 21, 2011, 06:26:00 AM »
we surely caught a break with the weather saturday. went downhill fast on sunday.

for a many years it was pretty hard to keep GORH alive. kudos to the GORH committee for stepping up. GORH would have died a few year ago if it weren't for these folks, and Jim in particular. thanks, fellas, for your time and for doing all that legwork. and a big thank you to every person who donated door prizes. the generosity of archery hunters never ceases to amaze me.

as always, it was good to see old friends, make some new acquaintances.

Kent, thanks for the beers, buddy!!!
"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." Mark Twain

Offline heydeerman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #249 on: February 21, 2011, 06:49:00 AM »
Yea the weather was nice but an inch of snow would have been helpful for the hunt. But after all the cold we have had in Ohio for so long it made for a nice break. Especially for the ladies and kids. Jackson County Bowhunters does not have a website so there is no way to thank them here but they did a fantastic job and gave us the run of the place. That is a great club for Southern Ohio. Wish I lived closer.

Offline ti-guy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #250 on: February 21, 2011, 06:58:00 AM »
Wow that is an event ! Wish we could do that in here,congrats
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward.So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great.

Offline OutbackMan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #251 on: February 21, 2011, 08:27:00 AM »
I was only able to be there for Sat., and it was my first time, but definately enjoyed it.  Wish the rabbits would have cooperated cause I would have like to have seen if I could hit one, but the stumps sure didn't mind getting drilled.  Found a shed and felt like a kid again flinging arrows into the air for the clout shoot.  Thanks to everyone who had a part in putting this on.  Looking forward to the next one.
N.R.A. Life Member
N.A.H.C. Life Member
Buckeye Big Buck Club Member

Offline bkyrdshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #252 on: February 21, 2011, 08:27:00 AM »
http://s1085.photobucket.com/albums/j439/bkyrdshooter/

Here is a link to my photobucket I cant seem to figure out how to get the pics to the website.

I can't tell everyone enough how much fun I had on Saturday. Just sitting back and watching, listening, and learning. The day was exceptionally perfect for the activities we all shared in. Most definitely I will be camping at one of these events in the future. It was so nice putting some faces with the names here on Trad Gang. I think I truely bored my girlfriend with the tales of the day after my drive home Saturay night. I got home and put her to sleep with my giddish talk of the day and then I went out and turned on the back porch lite and blank baled with some tips the guys from Steubenville gave me. Thanks guys!
Neeless to say on the way home watching that full moon rise above the horizion as I headed North. I was extremely jealous that I was leaving but very thankful that I as able to spend such a perfect day with the men,women and children that were there that day.
Thanks so very much to Heydeerman and all the hard work you and the others put in to making this event happen and to continue to make happen. I am so very happy I made the decision to make the trip down and enjoy the day!
"Energy and Persistence Conquer All Things"   Benjamin Franklin

Offline Osagetree

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #253 on: February 21, 2011, 08:42:00 AM »
Trent, Really nice meeting you at the event. Too bad you didn't have your bow when that rabbit passed by you. I have that kinda luck too!

Great pics by the way!!!

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #254 on: February 21, 2011, 08:50:00 AM »
bkyrdshooter-It was our pleasure to give you a hand. Keep practicing and working on that form and you'll continue to drill the bull.
BTW- It's St. Clarisville,not "the ville" as we call it.lol  :laughing:
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #255 on: February 21, 2011, 08:51:00 AM »
Originally posted by leatherneck:
bkyrdshooter-It was our pleasure to give you a hand. Keep practicing and working on that form and you'll continue to drill the bull.
BTW- It's St. Clarisville,not "the ville" as we call it.lol   :laughing:  
I must also add,if any of you have never tried Joes(osagetree) self bows you need to. He makes one of the nicest self bows I've had the pleasure to shoot. I really enjoyed his hickory bow. A true craftsman for sure.

Offline Osagetree

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #256 on: February 21, 2011, 09:07:00 AM »
Mike, Wish I could have spent more time with you and the guy's in your group. With so many to meet and all going on it was hard to do. We all should do and early season hunt somewhere next fall.
I'll get around to that stave soon and maybe I can work up a few more hickory's this summer. We can do some horse trading then!
My computer mouse won't right click so I can post pics. Gonna fix that today and post a bunch of pics here.

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #257 on: February 21, 2011, 09:25:00 AM »
Heres a few pics I took until Joe gets his uploaded. I know Cheryl took a bunch.

First off due to the cold weather we were having we forgot a cooler. So it was 68 degrees on Fri and we had to improvise. Hence,the redneck cooler.

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #258 on: February 21, 2011, 09:26:00 AM »
Now that the brews were cold guys were setting up camp.

Irish and his group had some really nice tipi tents.

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #259 on: February 21, 2011, 09:28:00 AM »
The breakfast line was a popular spot.

Steve and Bob enjoying some fine grub.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©