3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Alabama Opens Oct. 15th, but first......  (Read 374 times)

Offline bamacrazy

• Trad Bowhunter
Alabama Opens Oct. 15th, but first......
« on: October 05, 2010, 11:03:00 PM »
I'm more excited about this hunting season than any I can remember. I've got my food plots in and am working toward providing year around plots in addition to the grass we plant for our small cattle herd. I'm feeding mineral salt to the deer for the 1st time this year and there will be no gun hunting on our farm.

Now as wrapped up as I am in the opening of season, I have to take a few days off to attend a conference in Boston with my wife.  :)  I really am looking forward to the trip. The Freedom Trail and Sam Adams Tour ought to be fun. I'm going to miss my 60 arrows/day, though...

Offline Greg2201

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Alabama Opens Oct. 15th, but first......
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 11:07:00 PM »
I know what you mean. With this cooler weather we are finally getting (at least here in North AL)it is starting to FEEL like hunting season. Good Luck!!
"A Liger, pretty much my favorite animal, it's like a Lion and a Tiger mixed. Bred for its skills in Magic." -Napoleon Dynamite

Offline Bama Recurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 11:23:00 PM »
Good luck guys. I can't wait to hit the woods. Where you from Greg?
"Relax and pick a spot"

Offline champ38

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 07:08:00 AM »
Yep, Im getting excited now about the 15t....this cooler weather has got my blood pumping. Good luck guys, Shane
56" Shrew Classic Carbon 68@29
58" 2-P Centaur Cabon Elite 57@29

Offline Follower

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 07:18:00 AM »
Anxious to get started here in East Alabama.  Temperatures are gonna creep back up and get hotter than I want it to be for the next week or so.  Good luck guys!
"If any of you wants to be my follower, you must put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross, and follow me...."  Jesus  (Mathew 16:24)

Offline Lamey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 08:51:00 AM »
Looking forward to actually letting an arrow go this year,   saw a few deer last year but none  in range.

Im excited as well,  have met some new friends that have good hunting spots which should help greatly.

Offline FlintRiverKen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 09:08:00 AM »
I'm thinking about it so much last night i had a deer dream. I released at a big nanny and she went hoppin down the mtn I could see the arrow sticking out. I found her ok in the dream...come on 15th

Offline Rutland

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 10:16:00 AM »
Got everything ready here in Colbert Co.  Can't wait. Lots of acorns, good luck.

Schafer Silvertip 75@28
Easton Axis
Grizzly 190.

Offline rjackson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 03:58:00 PM »
Cant wait. Sharps cove better look out.Me and my Tall Tines are coming.

Offline JAG

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 10:39:00 PM »
My season is gonna be late this year.  Have to plant horse pasture and hay field, before food plots.  Last year I missed the hay due to the weather.  Wife was not happy to have to buy hay for 50 plus head of horses!  So when I get it all planted, I can go to the woods!
Good Luck!
JAG
IBEP - Chairman Alabama
"May The Good Lord Keep Your Bow Arm Strong and Your Heart and Arrows True!"
TGMM Family of the Bow
PBS Regular Member
Compton Member

Offline primitivealltheway

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 10:57:00 PM »
got everything ready here in jefferson county ,cant wait! yesterday me and the wife went to my parents place(also my hunting place) 2 green fields comeing up and the 10 big white oaks are dropping,was walking down the property line and about 300 yards in front i saw the biggest deer i have ever seen ,his rack was massive ,also the rack looked dark gray ,his tracks were enormous .went back to the parents place and set on the back deck about 12:30 and looked out and seen 2 does eating on the lower green field ,seen the buck at 11:30 ,yep im ready ,should have a 10-12 yard shot from the ground ,got a good set up this year
"nothing like being in the woods with a stick and string"

Offline Sgt. Graves

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 11:59:00 PM »
Its looking good so far. I went to Colorado for elk and missed. It was wonderful to miss and still enjoy the trip. Came home and was asked to join a club in Coosa County. They said they wanted some does killed and knew I would help. I can't wait.

Offline champ38

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2010, 04:59:00 AM »
ttt
56" Shrew Classic Carbon 68@29
58" 2-P Centaur Cabon Elite 57@29

Offline bamacrazy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2010, 12:37:00 PM »
Prior to leaving for the airport yesterday, I was able to drive up to the farm. I put out two additional mineral blocks and overseeded my rape/turnip patch and my two small rye, wheat, and oat patches with arrow leaf clover. If the clover dos as well as it has in the pastures, I plan to leave those as is and plant new game mix and rape/ turnups patches next year.

Offline bamacrazy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2010, 12:49:00 PM »
I told my wife that she should be prepared to go turkey hunting with me this spring. I've never killed a turkey with a bow, but that will be my focus this spring. If I can't get a Tom with my #65 recurve, I'm letting em walk! They are taunting me right now. Everytime I go into the woods to work on a stand I'm running into groups of between 20 and 35 birds.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©