3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Vote YES!!! Important Wolf Issue!!!  (Read 381 times)

Offline TEX-O-BOB

• Trad Bowhunter
Vote YES!!! Important Wolf Issue!!!
« on: October 06, 2010, 10:02:00 AM »
As the fight to get public opinion for wolf management, it is critical to take 30 seconds and VOTE YES.

Click below on link with Bozeman daily

The Bozeman Daily Chronicle has a poll online (http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/op ... 002e0.html    ) asking if you agree with the legislation being introduced to delist gray wolves.

Right now the "no" vote is something like 70%. We need to change that. Let's out vote them. We've done it before, and we can do it again...but you have to vote.

Let everyone know...and plead that they support this permanent delisting of wolves...to save elk, moose, deer and other big game...Beg them to VOTE "YES"!

Organizations like Big Game Forever...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation...Safari Club International...Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife...Idaho for Wildlife...and others, now is the time to have your members to rally behind this cause - to win control of the wolf issue. Bozeman is the greenie environmentalist capital of the Northern Rockies...let's beat them right in their own back yard by taking over this poll.

VOTE NOW!!!

NOTE: You don't need to log in, just click the yes button and your vote will be counted. The field to type the link on this sight is not wide enough for me to get the whole link to highlight so you'll need to just copy and paste the link to your browser.
Ones ethics can only be described by what you do when nobody is looking.

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Vote YES!!! Important Wolf Issue!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 10:05:00 AM »
When I click on this link it comes up with an ERROR message....?
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline Lamey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 10:07:00 AM »
need to check your link,  it is not complete,  missing some middle text as indicated by the "dots" ....

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 10:17:00 AM »
I went all the way to register and everything.  But when I tried to log in it wouldn't let me.  Tried 3 times then gave up.  :deadhorse:

Offline TEX-O-BOB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 10:20:00 AM »
You don't need to log in, just click the yes button and your vote will be counted. The field to type the link on this sight is not wide enough for me to get the whole link to highlight so you'll need to just copy and paste the link to your browser.
Ones ethics can only be described by what you do when nobody is looking.

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 10:29:00 AM »
OK I just had to wait longer.  Voted, now it's 78% yes.  How's that?  :thumbsup:

Offline nightowl1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 10:32:00 AM »
just voted and the Yes vote is around 70%

Just go to the main page and scroll down near the bottom for the poll.
Combo Hunter 46@28

I came from nothing and I brought it with me.

Offline adeeden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 10:35:00 AM »
just voted the yes is at 71%
"I would rather be lucky then good, any day!"

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 10:56:00 AM »
I helped.....
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline chopx2

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 11:09:00 AM »
72% now, one vote 1% probably less than 200 total votes right now. We can really impact it with just 20 or more vote!
TGMM-Family of the Bow

The quest to improve is so focused on a few design aspects & compensating for hunter ineptness as to actually have reduced a bow & arrow’s effectiveness. Nothing better demonstrates this than mech. BHs & speed fixated designs

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 11:09:00 AM »
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 11:19:00 AM »
You must have gotten the word out big time cause the vote is now:

YES - 72%  2879
NO  - 28%  1114
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Offline Desert Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 11:44:00 AM »
Just voted 73% now

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2010, 11:45:00 AM »
This is an article from the Bozeman Chronicle dated Wednesday, September 29, 2010 . It's a call to de-list Wolves as an endangered species....

After seeing what they can do in Idaho and Montana to game populations both elk and deer something more needs to be done...

Montana Senators want wolves written out of endangered species law

Montana's senators have become the latest lawmakers in Washington who want to change federal law so gray wolves in Montana and Idaho won't enjoy the protection of the Endangered Species Act.

Sens. Max Baucus and Jon Tester, both Democrats, introduced late Tuesday their legislation that seeks to give Montana and Idaho wildlife agencies control over the gray wolf.

Earlier this month, Idaho Sens. Mike Crapo and Jim Risch, both Republican, introduced a bill to do largely the same thing, and Montana Rep. Denny Rehberg has released a similar draft bill, though it has not been introduced yet.

More than 1,400 wolves live in the two states.

The flood of bills come in response to a federal court ruling in August that found wildlife officials violated the Endangered Species Act when they designated wolves in Wyoming endangered while saying wolves in Montana were Idaho are not.

The federal Fish and Wildlife Service tried that approach because of Wyoming's stated plan to allow wolves shot on sight in most of the state. Splitting up the states allowed the feds to protect wolves in Wyoming while allowing Montana and Idaho to take over control of the wolf population, which biologists consider recovered.

However, the ruling put the wolf back under the control of the federal government and brought to a halt hunts that many in Montana and Idaho hoped would reduce the wolf population and curb the predator's impact on livestock and elk herds.

The "Resorting State Wildlife Management Act of 2010" runs three pages and states that the Endangered Species Act "shall have no force or effect" on wolves living in Montana and Idaho. Rehberg's draft bill takes a similar tact, prohibiting the government from treating wolves in Idaho and Montana as an endangered species.

The Idaho senators' bill goes farther, calling for gray wolves in Washington, Oregon and Utah to also be put under state management.

Baucus and Tester's bill drew immediate criticism from groups that sued the government over its de-listing plan.
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2010, 11:54:00 AM »
yes vote is done @ 72%
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2010, 11:59:00 AM »
voted...yes is at 73%
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline Buckeye Trad Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2010, 12:20:00 PM »
I just voted and the yes vote is now just a shade under 73%

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2010, 12:21:00 PM »
73% yes
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline Bjorn