3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Can't believe I missed !  (Read 420 times)

Offline mambashooter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Can't believe I missed !
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2010, 07:01:00 PM »
Thats why it is a good idea to practice the type shots you might be doing before you go on a hunt.  :deadhorse:

Offline S.C. Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2010, 08:34:00 PM »
I made that comment several times today. I can't believe I missed that shot. I fortunately was at a 3-D shoot. I took second by the way. I have found for some reason when I shoot from a stand that I shoot better when I hold the bow almost horizontal. I nailed to tens today on a alligator 15 yds and a deer at 23 yds held the bow as mentioned. I tend to miss more at around 15 yds vs 30 yds go figure on that one.
USMC 82-86

Offline John P

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2010, 11:15:00 PM »
Hey dont feel bad I once missed a doe at 8 yds. I belive that when it comes to go time we sometimes forget about our form and its all down hill from there. Keep trying and always have fun John

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2010, 08:01:00 AM »
Don't beat yourself up,it happens.Lot of good advice being given here.Practice the shot angles and distances you expect to get while hunting and don't think too much when a shot presents itself.Pick a spot and get to anchor.But what do I know...shot over a nice 10pt. a couple years ago.   :knothead:

Offline Don Stokes

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2010, 08:16:00 AM »
Happens to the best of us. I missed a doe right under my stand last week, rushed the shot because she doubled back and was about to walk out of my shooting zone. It was my second-closest miss.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2010, 09:52:00 AM »
Originally posted by GWC:
so when your in a stand,shoot a little lower than you wanna hit to compensate for being higher up?
I always aim right where I want to hit, center mass of the vital area. When you are shooting from an elevated position two things can happen.

1. The distance of your shot should be the distance from ground level below your stand, which is always a little less than the actual distance from where the stand is.

2. People have a bad habit of lowering their bow arm and not bending at the waist when shooting down hill. If you do this it messes up your anchor point and changes where your arrow will go....most always high.

Bisch

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©