3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Summit Open Shot Climber  (Read 163 times)

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
Summit Open Shot Climber
« on: October 06, 2010, 10:30:00 PM »
Could someone who owns one of these stands tell me what the bungee type cord with the hook on it and green strap are supposed to be used for?

Offline Chris Sims

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Summit Open Shot Climber
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 10:37:00 PM »
The bungee with the hook is to keep your feet in the stirrups when climbing.  The green strap is used to strap the seat to the tree so you will not knock it loose when standing and thus making a lot of noise.  Go to the summit website for pictures of the bungee.

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 11:03:00 PM »
I have the clear shot - same thing except triangle seat instead of square - get the bungee's off and put the stirrups on instead (you kind of hook your feet in and it's more secure. This is a hand climber stand and if your over weight don't get it (large people have trouble with hand climbers) I've had mine for 6 years and has worked well, I replace the cables every 2-3 years, they get worn. Last year the seat squeeked when I folded it up to and blew my chance at a doe. I don't think this stand is the safest on the planet, I suppose you could loose the base as you climb and be hosed (it has a rope that attaches them together but if it falls what good is the rope). I use the Wolf Alpha hang on with the steps and prefer it, any tree works - the summit likes some bark and a pretty straight tree for it to hold firm (mine slipped a few inches last time I used it). I'm 46 and still use it but my days are numbered with that stand. That is my review hope it helps

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 01:51:00 AM »
Thanks men, I use the Lone Wolf Hand Climber most of the time and have had a couple of the Summits (still have the viper or cobra, don't remember what it's called, but they didn't have the bungee or the strap). When I use the Summits I rope the bottom and top down and chinch like the Lone Wolf Hand Climber. The Summits will slip if no weight on them. I kinda figured the strap was to secure the top section due to fold up seat. I'll start doing that. The only thing I don't like is the short bottom section. No room to move around with seat down. I threw the feet stirrups away..prefer to hook feet in the rails to climb. Use the bungee to bind top and bottom when stand is in position.

Offline Apex Predator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 05:15:00 AM »
I had a Razor and bought an Open Shot Deluxe top.  The bottom section on the Razor is 4" longer, and now I have the perfect run-n-gun stand.
I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables!

Offline 59Alaskan

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 05:21:00 AM »
I found you need that green strap around the tree and tight on the seat or it will slip when you stand and can be very noisy.  When I first used it I had my quiver attached near the back of the seat and I didn't have that green strap on tight enough.  The seat fell all the way to the feet when I stood.  Good thing I wasn't watching a deer.

Now that I am used to it, I really like it.  I find the seat comfortable.  Shooting platform is tight with the seat down though.

Always use a harness.
TGMM Family of the Bow

"God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” - Billy Graham

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 06:17:00 PM »
I cut some snap buckles off an old bandolier pouch I have and am going to install them on my Open Shot like my Lone Wolf Hand Climber has. That way I'll be able to pull down on the straps and bind the top section..seat down where it won't spring up when I stand. It's in the woods locked on a tree so will carry the supplies with me when I hunt it again.

Offline JOEBO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 06:51:00 PM »
I take the time to ratchet strap my seat and stand to the tree. No worries about anything comming loose or making noise.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©