3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Dwyer Bows: Defiant or Dauntless?  (Read 328 times)

Offline rocketman

• Trad Bowhunter
Dwyer Bows: Defiant or Dauntless?
« on: October 07, 2010, 02:18:00 PM »
Any opinions or preferences appreciated!

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Dwyer Bows: Defiant or Dauntless?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 02:20:00 PM »
I really like my Dauntless, smooth, quick and silent.......Not to bad on the eyes either...lol!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline NBK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 03:22:00 PM »
My defiant is my go-to bow at this time.  That said I will one day own a dauntless also.  I've shot both side by side at Dave's place and shooting wise I'm not good enough I guess to tell that much of a difference.  Both are very smooth bows.  They're very light mass weight, but risers and grips are so similar that you can jump back and forth no problem.  The defiant has wider limbs which show your pretty veneers better.  Can't go wrong with either.  I do know that Dave himself prefers the dauntless.
Mike

"I belong anywhere but in between"

Offline Bob B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 04:12:00 PM »
I guess it is a rather subjective thing.  In my opinion the Defiant put Dwyer on the map. They are reasonably quiet and have decent speed.  I love the handles and limb tips on all of Dave's bows.  Personally, I feel the Defiant has a bit too much hand schock.  It is really quiet slight, but my elbow does not tolerate any.  A Defiant can be tough on me.

The Dauntless, again just my opinion, is a superior bow.  I like a deeper cored thinner limb.  I find the extra R/D in this bow to be just plain sexy.  It is quieter and faster with less hand shock.  I jsut wish Dave made them 64 inches as my draw prefers this length over 62.

Either way, they are good bows.  If you ever decide to sell her latter, they move pretty well.  Any one of Dave's bows are pretty good.  If it was me, I would look for a Dauntless ... with Yew over Boo limbs!!  :archer:  

Bob.
66"  Osage Royale    57lbs@29
68"  Shrew Hill      49lbs@29
68"  Deathwish       51lbs@29
68"  Morning Star    55lbs@29
68"  Misty Dawn      55lbs@29

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 04:27:00 PM »
My Defiant has no had shock at all.  It is the most smooth short longbow (62") that I have drawn back to my 30" draw.  I have not shot a Dauntless.
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive Council Member.

James V. Bailey II

Offline longbow fanatic 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 06:28:00 PM »
I LOVE my Defiant. During my first season with it, I shot my first gobbler ( after many yrs. trying with a compound ) and my first deer, a P&Y 12 PT. To say the least, I have bonded with my Defiant. It is smooth, doesn't stack and is very quiet!

Offline ArkyBob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 06:35:00 PM »
I have dauntless that is all bamboo limbs with kingwood riser.  Very smooth drawing and very quiet also.  I like the thinner limbs as well as the small grip, fits my hand quite well.  There is a little hand shock that I had to get used to but not that bad.  Bought mine used here on TG and contacted Dwyer for info on the bow and Sue was extremely helpful.  Don't see how you could go wrong!!!!!

BOB
"There are some that can live without wild things, and some that cannot."  -  Aldo Leopold

Offline mesquite

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 08:25:00 PM »
I have both Defiant & Dauntless and love them both!  However my Defiant is my go to bow.

Offline sstewa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 07:25:00 PM »
I also own both, and both are great bows.  I would be hard pressed to say I favor one over the other.
Do not use a hatchet to remove a fly from your friend's forehead...when your longbow with a blunt will work!

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 11:56:00 PM »
yes
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline Nate Fikkert

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2010, 08:18:00 AM »
Both are great, I own both as well.  I happen to shoot my defiant better than my dauntless.  They are both great and you can't go wrong with the quality of workmanship or the people on either.

Nathan

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©