3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Sky Eagle  (Read 150 times)

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
Sky Eagle
« on: October 07, 2010, 07:05:00 PM »
I had some spare change (little bonus) and decided to pick up a Sky Eagle from Jim Belcher. At 400.00 for a new bow, sounded like a too good deal. But I've been real happy with my other Sky products so I figured it would be a steal.

Sandra sent me some pictures of the bow and I have to admit it looked real cool in an ugly sort of way, but compared to some of you all, I kinda  like them ugly.

So I get it in the mail today, and yep she's ugly alright, all actionwood and grainy.......But she shot so dang well I've nicknamed her Pearl. She reminds me of a dark pearl ring my old man had, all dark grey and swirly.

Folks for 400.00 you get a hunting bow that you'll be happy you still have some extra cash to buy more gear with. It's the best deal I have ever made.

As far as I know the bow is being retired so jump on it. It's priced better than any used bow.

Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
Re: Sky Eagle
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 07:59:00 PM »
I actually kind of like the looks of it! Congrats.   :thumbsup:    :clapper:
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline Ken Babicky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 09:04:00 PM »
I like the looks too. I still have a Sky Hawk take down that I take off the shelf every so often but I believe the riser may have a small crack so I don't shoot it too often. I used to shoot that bow really well.

Offline Eugene Slagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 10:42:00 PM »
Originally posted by Ken Babicky:
I like the looks too. I still have a Sky Hawk take down that I take off the shelf every so often but I believe the riser may have a small crack so I don't shoot it too often. I used to shoot that bow really well.
I have a Sky Hawk too, but mine was made when Earl Hoyt was still runnin things.

Longstick; that is one sweet looking bow.
Zona Custom Recurve: 60" 49# @ 27.5".
Sky Sky Hawk Recurve: 60" 47# @ 27.5".
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore, please take thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and hunt game for me.

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 07:33:00 AM »
Thanks Guys, I don't mean to call her Ugly in a bad way at all, She is a Pearl to me.

Very stable after the shot and very quiet as well. I serious hunting bow.
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline bigbadjon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 11:40:00 AM »
I would not says its ugly, I find it charmingly utilitarian. I find diamond wood on a bow to be like micarta on a knife, not fancy but still sporty.
Hoyt Tiburon 55#@28 64in
A&H ACS CX 61#@28in 68in (rip 8/3/14)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©