3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hunting with Huntmore  (Read 141 times)

Offline smoke1953

• Trad Bowhunter
Hunting with Huntmore
« on: October 08, 2010, 03:01:00 PM »
I've spent a week at the cabin here in central Wisconsin and it's been great weather as well as good deer activity for so early in the season.  The number of active scrapes has been remarkable considering we normally don't see them until the 3rd week of Oct. here and I've had 3 buck encounters this week.  One in particular was while hunting on the Huntmore.

Literally 30 seconds after I had taken this picture of my setup I heard leaves rustling on the ridge behind me. Quickly I dropped the camera and plunked my butt where it should have been in the first place.  It was 8:40am and a deer was heading down the trail with alders concealing my location, however he was moving quickly and as he appeared past the alders at 10 yds his small 8 pt. rack became visible. I tried but failed to stop him in my shooting corridor and of course he slowed soon thereafter leaving me to watch him slowly move into the bedding area for the morning.  The morning before I had two does running from the opposite direction past me at 15 yds without being able to loose an arrow.  Rotating 180 degrees often to observe these two trails was a silent operation leaving me very pleased with the performance of the chair.  I headed back to the cabin soon after and came across this fresh track.

My fletch is 5 1/4", this track was obviously not made by the 8 that past me 30 min. before. I continued on a leisurely pace through the woods thoroughly enjoying the morning.  Back at the cabin a good cup of coffee and a good read were waiting on the back deck to top off a great early October day.

***please re-size that last pic bud***

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hunting with Huntmore
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 04:09:00 PM »
I've made one hunt this fall in my Huntmore. Can't wait to "hunt more" with it! Great pics, good luck.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline David Bartholomew

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 06:30:00 PM »
Very nice post!  Tks!

I hope to be using my Huntmore - for the first time - later on this month.

David
WTCS(SW/DV)  USN Retired

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 09:54:00 PM »
good stuff!!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline mwosborn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 11:21:00 PM »
Nice pics - wish I could visit!
Enjoy the hunt!  - Mitch

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010, 08:29:00 AM »
I really want or maybe even need to get one of those. Thanks for the testimonial. Great pictures and nice camp as well.

Keeping the Faith
Magnus
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©