3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: MDC  (Read 494 times)

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: MDC
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2010, 11:08:00 PM »
Originally posted by A. Kinslow:

Wow, your further south than I am. What major city is around there that needs an urban season??  
Springfield....third largest in the state.  At least they cut the urban portion down from a three county area to only Greene and a small portion of Christian. [/b]
I didn't realize that Springfield was that close, but then I had to look on my county map to find Christian County also. I haven't spent much time down that way, just passed through on occasion when coming back from Texas or Arkansas visiting family.
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline Living_waters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2010, 12:04:00 AM »
We gun hunt in Douglas and Howell counties and have for 20+ years. I miss the days of the check stations, willow springs fire department was the only check station in that part of the country, opening weekend students from Rolla checked age, health, measured racks and took some blood samples of the majority of deer checked in. Telecheck makes sure that that kind of information will not be collected again.  

What better way to spend a Saturday night then to set on the tailgate of a truck and watch the parade of deer come in.

But since the open doe tags began there we have seen a steady decline, not only in quality of deer but quantity, winters are rough on the deer in that part of the country and the mortality rate of young does I believe has greatly decreased the herd.
"Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.'” Jesus

Offline -Achilles-

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2010, 01:16:00 AM »
The telechecking system is a dream for poachers.Its a bad idea.You can't tell me that this system doesn't get more abuse then the old system.It gets abused much more.Hell they used to set up road blocks on the road to catch poachers with untagged illegal deer here.

I have a few problems with mdc.

Like being able to kill hogs by any means neccesary anytime.Another dream for a poacher.Used to if they caught you in the woods before gun season with a gun you got a ticket for hunting out of season.Now all you have to say is your hog hunting.Yes I'm all for hogs in missouri.

How about it being illegal to kill owls,hawks or have the feathers of either.I see dead hawks on the road all the time and I'd love to get and use the feathers but its a big fine to have posession..I don't like that something is protected that kills alot of rabbits out.

Rabbits!What is going on with rabbit populations?You used to be able to drive down any gravel road at night and they would be everywhere.Now you rarely see any at all.You could get your limit with a bow now it can be tough to get your limit with a gun.Me and my family hardly go anymore theres just not enough rabbits to bother.

As far as big antlers I really don't care.I hunt for the meat and the horns mean nothing.If I shot a record deer it wouldn't get stuffed.I'd keep the antlers though for show.

I'm a (we could never have too many deer) kinda person)Whatever makes the deer population larger I'm all for it.

As far as MDC agents.What agents?Haven't seen them while out fishing or hunting or been checked in years.

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2010, 06:31:00 AM »
Just a note before I move this to politics forum.... Hawks owls and possession of their parts is a Federal thing.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©