3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Rubber Boots  (Read 305 times)

Offline jamesh76

• Trad Bowhunter
Rubber Boots
« on: October 12, 2010, 05:50:00 PM »
Why do they alway seem so hard to get off?  Does anyone have any tips to get them off easier? Wear certain socksm or what?

The size on mine is perfect the fit nice and feel good but if my feet get a little warm. They are hard as heck to get off sometimes.

James
-------------------------------
James Haney
Spring Hill, KS
_ _ _ _ _ ______ _  _  _  _  _
USMC Infantry 1996-2001
1st Marine Division

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Rubber Boots
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 06:42:00 PM »
They come off hard because your feet sweat. I always wear a pair of wool socks with my Rubber boots. If you use cotton socks you will pull many things outta wack getting them off. A good boot jack is very useful as well. OH, I also use a good pair of wool insoles  :bigsmyl:  . Have fun.
Chuck
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline 30coupe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 06:46:00 PM »
X2 on the wool socks, but I don't wear my rubber boots all that much anymore. They make my feet sweat, then they get cold, even with 1000grams of thinsulate. The deer around here don't seem to care all that much what kind of boots I wear, so I figure, if they don't care, I'll wear what I like.    ;)
Kanati 58" 44# @ 28" Green glass on a green riser
Bear Kodiak Magnum 52" 45# @ 28"
Bodnik Slick Stick longbow 58" 40# @ 28"
Bodnik Kiowa 52" 45# @ 28"
Kanati 58" 46# @ 28" R.I.P (2007-2015)
Self-made Silk backed Hickory Board bow 67" 49# @ 28"
Bear Black Bear 60" 45# @28"
NRA Life Member

Offline jamesh76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 08:23:00 PM »
I will try the wool socks.

Thanks,
James
James Haney
Spring Hill, KS
_ _ _ _ _ ______ _  _  _  _  _
USMC Infantry 1996-2001
1st Marine Division

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 08:29:00 PM »
James, slide a bread bag over your foot or a plastic shoppin bag, they will slide right off! Shawn
Shawn

Offline MP1SG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 11:00:00 PM »
Moisture for sure is your enemy and your feet sweat. Using the wool socks is very good but you can improve upon the socks by spraying your feet with antipersperant then give them a good dusting with foot powder before you put the socks on. I would only use the antipersperant during hunting season (your feet need to sweat).

Offline boznarras

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 11:59:00 PM »
Here in southeast Alaska, almost everyone practically lives in rubber boots, mostly BFGoodrich Xtratufs. These just pull on like cowboy boots. They don't seem to be too hard to get off. They do have a fabric lining on the inner surface, which probably helps.
Most people use a felt insole in them, they are about a half inch thick, which absorbs some of your sweat, and makes them more comfortable. I guess insoles might help keep them from being sticky too, I don't know since I have always used an insole. You can take the insole out at night and let it air out. It also helps to stuff the boots with dry newspaper to absorb moisture, or put them on a bootdryer, like say a Peet dryer. An extra pair of insoles along on a multiday outing is real nice, so you can rotate them to a fresh pair each day.
I usually wear a thin liner sock and a wool sock too.
I would avoid putting a bag on my foot, it will turn your foot into a prune and blister easily if you walk much. Might be OK if you are just going to sit and aren't a sweaty foot person.
Incidentally, according to my doctor, a lot of people here have toenail fungus, which he relates to us wearing these rubber boots all the time. However, in this climate of rain and in and out of boats at the edge of the water, there is no real alternative.

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 04:43:00 PM »
I keep a boot jack in my truck and at the camp site to help with this problem. Very handy item to have when needed.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©