3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I'm about to get mad!  (Read 471 times)

Offline Ric O'Shay

• Trad Bowhunter
I'm about to get mad!
« on: October 12, 2010, 07:55:00 PM »
Most folks that know me, know that I don't get upset too easy or quick. That said, I've been hunting for the last two weekends and have not even seen, smelled, or heard a deer. Been hunting this area now for several years and up until October 1st, I have NEVER failed to at least see several deer by now. It is beginning to get frustrating.
    :banghead:  

I'm not giving up though. I'll be back this Friday night. By then I should have a good mad worked up and woe be unto the first brown haired vixen I see.
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.   - Thomas Jefferson

Offline rp65

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I'm about to get mad!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 08:04:00 PM »
I feel for you! My area was hit with flooding and deer are just starting to filter back in again. It's been really slow out in the woods.

Offline Buckeye Trad Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 08:20:00 PM »
The deer seem to be pretty scarce in my area also this year.  My area is usually flooded with does anytime of the year.

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 08:26:00 PM »
Man I feel your pain as I believe I am snake bit this yr myself. Have not seen a deer yet for some hard hunting days. That is why it is hunting though.

Almost was snakebit this evening!!!!!!!! good Chead in my path out - almost was a long 4 or 5 hundred yard walk to the truck getting sick all the way!

Keep after em time in the woods os the only cure!

J
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Online Davt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 08:30:00 PM »
My recommendation, go play a round of golf. Then when you get back to hunting you will be really happy and calm.
Dav

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 08:35:00 PM »
With all the mast crop on the ground they just don't have to travel as far to find food. Bump them off of one set of nuts and they just go to another. Really hard to pattern them when it's like this. Just more reasons to be out there. Keep positive and maybe try something different. Good luck all!
Keeping the Faith
Magnus
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline barkrider

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 08:37:00 PM »
I feel for you, seems like we are both rowing the same boat
I 've been out 5 times and I haven't even heard the tell tale shuffling sound of  deer. I was out tonite as well.. oh well it is quite the stress relief though. It's not a good sign when your thinking about those tasty squirels now is it?
Family,family,family mmmm... and bows

Offline RedShaft

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 08:40:00 PM »
i feel for ya but, last year i only seen 12 deer the whole season. and i did'nt see 8 of those till the last 2 day. i have not got a shot at a deer for at least 3 years. just keep doin your thing and things will happen.
Rough Country.. The Hunters Choice

Offline Swamp Yankee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 08:43:00 PM »
Tons of acorns in the NE makes for slim pickings here as well.  No movement to pattern.
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
- William Arthur Ward
Black Widow PSAV 42#@29
Collection of Red Wing Hunters
Northern Mist Superior 43#@28
Blue Ridge Snowy Mt 51#@30"

Offline OkKeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 09:06:00 PM »
Guess you guys don't want to hear that I saw 12 or 13 this evening between the office and the maint. compound where I park my patrol truck. About a quarter mile. All does and this years fawns. All the little ones have already lost their spots though.

Of course these are park deer.

Saw a fresh road killed buck this morning. Tried to cross a busy state highway at 9:30am. WHAT was he THINKING?

OkKeith
In a moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.
Theodore Roosevelt

Offline onemoreshot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 09:10:00 PM »
The deer in my area have been movin in the middle of the day.The moon has been up in the daytime also.They should be on track by the weekend.

Offline Doug in MN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 09:31:00 PM »
If you need to see deer just come up to my place.

We will walk out to the river to fish some, and see a bunch of deer at the edge of the corn field. They will stare at us a bit and then go back to what they are doing. We being hunters by nature will look at one another and instantly know what to do next.

We then head back to the house grab our bows and this time after a great deal of planning head back to said field to fetch our venison.

When we arrive at the now empty spot on the edge of the field we can at least know that the fish are certainly biting only a few feet away in the river. Its not all that far back to the house to get the fishing poles.

Works every time.

Offline bolong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 10:54:00 PM »
Hang in there, at least it can't get any worse. It WILL turn around. Good luck!
bolong

Offline Ric O'Shay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2010, 06:24:00 AM »
It's got to get better. I know there are plenty of deer in the area. As magnus said, there's so much mast that it has been truly difficult to get any pattern on them. When the weather changes and the food starts to get scarce, then the patterns will develop, I hope. Until then, I'll just have to stay in the woods and see what develops.    :(
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.   - Thomas Jefferson

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2010, 06:28:00 AM »
Same thing for me Ric. I hunted 9 times and seen one doe and fawn. Last night I seen 15 just like that......why?...I dont know? But it was fun and Im not mad anymore! Relax and let it happen, good luck!

Offline COOCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2010, 06:35:00 AM »
Just keep at it Rick it will come together.Hey you could have my problem and be working way to much overtime and not be in the woods.I feel your pain sir.
Jeff Couture

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2010, 09:33:00 AM »
I have the opposite problem. I'm seeing bucks, but since Texas went to a 13" antler spread regulation in the county I bowhunt in, all I'm seeing is some nice high basket type 8 pt bucks that won't make the 13" spread due to the genetic trait that produce these types of racks. These aren't "young" bucks either. All of them are mature deer. They come out to feed almost when it's too dark to shoot in the evening and they're in their beds before it gets light enough to see in the morning.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline thunder1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2010, 09:59:00 AM »
One of my hunting partners raced thru the season. He's got three in the freezer and is done this year. Others have been seeing a lot of deer around the area I hunt. Me not so lucky only been out twice.
No man ever stood so tall as when he stooped to help a child

David

Offline longbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2010, 10:00:00 AM »
Ric,  I had a season awhile back that the first deer I laid eyes on was one stadning in a field on my way home in the 3RD week of the season!  I saw deer everywhere the next week and scored on Wednesday.  Hang in there, these type of seasons are character builders.  That's why we call it huntin not killin!

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2010, 10:10:00 AM »
ACORNS, ACORNS EVERYWHERE. Our deer are so dispersed at the moment its been tough to pin them down. Come on Rut!
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©