3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 3 more long days New York!  (Read 986 times)

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 3 more long days New York!
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2010, 07:42:00 PM »
Just in time for opening day, my shooting s##ts the bed!!! Silly me runs into this every now and then.I mean, I can hit vitals but not pick a hair. Got a few days to tune back in or I just wont shoot until I do.I hate to make excuses but this really hit me after I had a really bad cold.  :banghead:    :banghead:    :banghead:

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2010, 07:56:00 PM »
To be more specific,,, this is with a particular bow that I planned on hunting this season. "Old Faithful" is still stacking em in the bullseye but I was hoping to take another gal to the dance.  The good news is all 5 of my tree stands are very active and I have 2 separate ground blinds that I put quite a bit of effort into building that I will hunt this year. :rolleyes:

Online glenbo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2010, 08:02:00 PM »
Good luck men.I agree with the October first opener.

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2010, 08:27:00 PM »
2 more long days!!! You'll be fine Izzy!
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2010, 08:27:00 PM »
Hope you get your wish Mike!
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2010, 08:28:00 PM »
Hey , it opens on the 27th of September, Take a drive and hunt the big woods..........
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2010, 08:31:00 PM »
Good Luck guys!

Terry, not sure if we talked about it but I didn't know you were the father of 2 eagles. and a former Scout Master.  I was an assistant SM for 2 years after graduating Scouts .  My Father was a SM and had 2 Eagle sons. That's cool.

Izzy, Take the bow you shot the squirrel with. If you can kill a squirrel while trying to sleep....    :rolleyes:    

Oct. 1st?    :dunno:    thought I was the only one who thought this way.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2010, 09:09:00 PM »
I wasn't going to do this, but I can't help myself. This is where I'll be.  :wavey:  

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2010, 09:10:00 PM »

Offline Pointer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2010, 09:15:00 PM »
I hear you brother....I have to wait until Tuesday though which makes it worse....good luck to all!

Offline vtmtnman

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2010, 09:18:00 PM »
Originally posted by IndianaBowman:
It's about time. It is ridiculous that the season doesn't open on October 1st!

Be glad your guys season is over the rut.Ours ends the last sunday of October.   :thumbsup:   Was wanting to get a NY license this year but with the moose hunt next week and the Ohio trip next month it may be too much.Might still get one...kinda still up in the air.
>>>>--TGMM family of the bow--->

Offline PhilNY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2010, 10:54:00 PM »
I hunt near Morrisville & Otisco NY. If anyone wants to come on over just PM me. Very pretty areas around here with a fairly good chance of some close encounters.
Phil

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2010, 07:45:00 AM »
Brian, that is some beautiful country. You are just across the river from where I am. I'm not real far from the Stockport Creek railroad tressel.

Izzy, your bad shooting is better than my good shooting.

Charlie, I've been in scouting for over 20 years and have been everything from a merit badge counselor (still am) to troop committee chair.

PhilNY, that is a very generous offer and you certainly are in some very good looking deer country.

I'll be meat hunting on Saturday so if it's brown it's down. Unless it's a 1 1/2 year old buck. I just can't shoot them. Actually passed on a @100" 8 pt last year from the tree I'll be in on Saturday. I'm hoping he made through and added 30" of bone. All out of deer steaks. Got a little ground venison left, but the roasts and steaks are gone and I put 5 in the freezer last year. Beef tastes funny! Some good butterfly backstrap wrapped in bacon and cooked on the grill with some mushrooms on top. Ummm, ummmm!

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2010, 08:01:00 AM »
Good luck to all you folks. Brian, your pics look like Iowa! Im at the range with work today and tomorrow and then 4 days of hunting barring heavy rain. Mikey, Ron ,Charlie and Brian,,, Im crossing my fingers for you fellas. I know you all got what it takes!  :pray:

Offline nybowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2010, 02:13:00 PM »
I can't wait. Good luck everyone.
The morning first light ,In the stand, Griffin longbow in my hand >>>==========> PRICELESS

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2010, 04:04:00 PM »
One more day of work.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2010, 04:44:00 PM »
Made a final check on our stands after work today   :thumbsup:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2010, 04:50:00 PM »
Updated weather forecast...

Saturday: A chance of showers, mainly before 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 55. Breezy, with a northwest wind between 17 and 23 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2010, 08:48:00 PM »
Brian,

That Forecast sounds great. I'll be looking out the window form a stupid work training then going to a surprise B day party for the wife's G-Ma.

I can Justify the work only because 2 reasons, I'm glad to have a job and 2 the overtime will help a couple extra bills this month.

Cant wait for the stories. I may have to check in on our break from the training.

Thanks for the good luck blessings guys.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2010, 09:11:00 PM »
Ahhh, use the overtime for a new bow! The bills ain't going anywhere!  :deadhorse:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©