3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 3 more long days New York!  (Read 987 times)

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 3 more long days New York!
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2010, 09:18:00 AM »
Did not sit this morning, I believe most morning sits do more harm than good where I hunt! Sat last night and had one 2.5 year old and one 3.5 year old within 30 yards. I also saw 2 does and a fawn. As it was getting dark I had a nice 7pt. coming and I grunted to him at 40 yards, my mistake. He came in but took his time and by the time he got to me it was too darkto shoot, 15 yards for 10 minutes. He fed off and I snuck out of there, if I get the right wind I will be in there today but in a stand that every deer I saw walked within 10 yards of. Hoping for NW wind again, I believe these bucks will be visiting this same area as it is rich in apple trees and I have three stands that overlook them!! Best of Luck!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2010, 09:35:00 AM »
Is that the stand in the bottom that I hunted Shawn?  Pretty good spot......

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2010, 10:04:00 AM »
David, no about 100 yards from there. I killed 3 bucks in there last year. All 3.5 year olds and and all within 100 yards of each other, two from the same tree and the second one fell in the others gut pile.  No wind at all here yet so if it don't pick up I will not be able to hunt it. This is right on the edge of bedding and unless it is real windy I don't go in there only during the rut. The wind covers my movement and I can sneak in and get set up! Shawn
Shawn

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2010, 10:36:00 AM »
Wow I missed opening day!!  If I dont get some serious stuff done, I may miss this afternoon too! Gotta get my gear rerady, sharpen my BH's, and I still have to remove two treestands from a "former" friends property....

I hope you guys are taking pictures and stuff so that those of us with little or no time to hunt can live vicariously!!
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2010, 03:34:00 PM »
Hunted opening morning and had a momma and her two little ones at 15 yards and standing nicely. The two young were good sized and certainly would survive without mom. I just couldn't bring myself to loose an arrow. Maybe later.  Could be Shawn switched my thinking. He would've shot one of the little ones because it only takes out one deer and when you take the doe you take out 3.

Couldn't hunt the afternoon due to finishing some siding on the house and a church event that my wife felt my attendance with her was important. I don't argue that point.  I never hunt on Sunday as that is our "family" day. We go to church in the AM and then spend the rest of the day together. I'll be back out in the morning before work. I had good luck and took 3 before work last year. I'm hoping the luck holds.

Good luck everyone and let's see the hero pictures.

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2010, 07:35:00 PM »
Another beeeautiful afternoon sitting. Thinking the wind kept the deer quiet today. Tomorrow I try a different view.
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Online glenbo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2010, 09:40:00 PM »
A slow start for me so far.No sightings sat am.Went out sat evening and saw 4 does and fawns.Too far for sure.My good friend and hunting bud shot a real nice doe with his wheel bow so we had a blood trail to tend to followed by a challenging drag.Saw two fawns this am .I am going to an unmolested spot behind our home after work tommorow.I have killed at least one deer a year in this patch 17 of the 21 years I have lived here.Not all with traditional gear,but quite a few.Plenty of time Brothers.Good Luck.Glen

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2010, 09:45:00 PM »
First sit this afternoon. Saw ten turkeys, about 35 yards.
Had a spike at 5 yards broadside just before dark. Drew, anchored, picked a spot and eased down. He was enjoying acorns way too much. LOL.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2010, 09:30:00 AM »

Beautiful morning, but very little deer movement. Nothing offered a shot. Only sat until 8 AM and then headed off to work.  The sun lit tree on the right is an apple tree. I don't think they are hitting the apples real hard yet due to all the acorns.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2010, 08:01:00 PM »
Neat Pic Terry however, the arrow is in the wrong spot and the wrong color   ;)    :readit:

I'm glad people are seeing deer.  That makes things a little more exciting!
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline NYAntler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2010, 05:53:00 PM »
Look at all the NYers.. good luck fellas.. only another week left in SZ archery before the gunners start shootin' up th woods.  www.nyantler-outdoors.com
Joe S
New York Antler Outdoors
 www.nyantler-outdoors.com

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©