3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Asbell Wool Haversack  (Read 908 times)

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Asbell Wool Haversack
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2010, 06:45:00 PM »
As for the haversack, call Teresa, she will get you squared away!

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2010, 08:51:00 PM »
Oh, it is   CODGER not Kodger.  Words like that aren't in the spell check    :D

Thanks for all your level headed advice over the years Ron, on the Internet   and privately.    

I have a similar over the shoulder pack from Gray Wolf Woolens, but I don't believe it is in production any more.

Looking forward to the Shrew Haven thread in a couple weeks...

Offline elkbreath

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2010, 12:20:00 AM »
Not to take any business away from the Asbells, but wouldn't this be fairly straightforward to make?  I like home made gear, so perhaps I'll give her a try.  Though mine won't come out looking nearly as nice!
77# @ 29.5 r/d longbow homer
80# @ 29.5 GN super Ghost

Offline Rooselk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2010, 12:36:00 AM »
I have a Filson Field Bag that I've been using for years. Absolutely love it. But I do have to say this haversack looks to be much lighter - and quieter - than my Filson.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters • Traditional Bowhunters of Montana • Montana Bowhunters Association

Offline Rooselk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2010, 12:38:00 AM »
EDIT: Oops! My apologies for the double post.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters • Traditional Bowhunters of Montana • Montana Bowhunters Association

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2010, 12:43:00 AM »
Todd, Roger, Bob...

You guys are kind of expensive to know!

Thanks for the tip on a good looking tool.
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Online David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2010, 07:09:00 AM »
How does the flap fasten down?
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2010, 07:29:00 AM »
On mine it doesn't. I didn't want it to. Unless I'm mistaken Teresa will put a fastener on it for you.

I have several "possibles bags", and have used them extensively since I was in the Army. When I was in the Army I took my canvas "butt pack" and used it as a possibles bag. Ever since I have been searching for the perfect one (it doesn't exist) Teresas haversack is the first one I have had that isn't canvas or waxed cotton. My only beef with the canvas/cotton bags is that they are loud....and the colder it gets the louder they are. Teresas bag is just as quiet as my wool shirt or pants. I access what is  in my haversack quite a bit. The noise of things scraping against canvas, or the jingle of a metal buckle sounds like a marching band in the silent woods.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2010, 07:44:00 AM »
I've used a haversack/possibles bag for years. I graduated from a fanny pack which isn't as accessible as a bag at your side. The one I have was made by Duluth Pack and has a divider in the middle which I like. I agree that the wool bag would be quieter and would also be more in fashion with my Longhunter wool shirt. I'm gonna give Teresa a call...    :archer:

Steve, I've heard about Old Codgers, and now I are one ?...   :confused: ....   :D
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2010, 07:52:00 AM »
Ron...it reminds me of that period correct linen bag you have. I always thought that bag would be nice and quiet also.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2010, 07:55:00 AM »
Ron...it reminds me of that period correct linen bag you have. I always thought that bag would be nice and quiet also.  
The one on the left?

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2010, 08:07:00 AM »
yep

Offline PrarrieDog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2010, 11:20:00 AM »
If a fastener is needed, go with magnets. Secure and no noise.

Offline 3Feathers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2010, 11:26:00 AM »
Looks like it would make good for a day hunt.
Put my order in this morning.
HH Cheetah 66in. 48lb at 25in.
HH HalfBreed 66in. 57lb. at 27in.
HH Wesley Special  56lb. at 26in..
HH Big 5          64lb. at 28in.
HH Wesley Special 55lb. at 28in.
HH Redman         60lb. at 28in.
Simmmons sharks
2016 Legacys

Offline ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2010, 01:39:00 PM »
I just oredered one from Teresa as well.  I will put it to use in about a week!  I have been searching for the right bag.  Right now, I use a small military surplus bag, but the flap isn't big enough so things tend to fall out, like my Asbell neck knife.  I'm glad I found that.
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline oneshot-onekill

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2010, 02:18:00 PM »
I need one of those...got to be a real man to carry a "murse" (man purse)!
Proverbs 16:9
TGMM Family of the Bow

Terry Barker

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2010, 02:30:00 PM »
Right on "oneshot-onekill". My bud "Ric O'Shay" rags on me all the time about my "murse". You can bet he will see this post. Sounds like Teresa has another winner on her hands.  :thumbsup:

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2010, 03:25:00 PM »
Ron--I was using it as a term of endearment     :wavey:  

I'll try to post a pic of mine later as it is not made anymore and wouldn't take any business away from Theresa.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2010, 07:26:00 PM »
I knew that Steve....   :campfire: ...   :archer:

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2010, 07:16:00 PM »
OK then...

Here is my old GWW possibles bag.  

You can see the horizontal strap in this shot.  I either use that to go around my waist so it doesn't flop around or I will cinch it down on a heavy jacket I don't want to wear on the walk to stand.

This photo shows the belt side a bit closer.  There are 3 pockets.  The first is mesh covered to put small items you want to get at quick.  I mostly put calls in there.   Above that is a zippered pocket for hats and gloves, head nets, ect.  Above that is another, larger zippered pocket for more of the same. At the top is the BIG pocket basically the size of the bag.  On both ends of the bag just under the strap attachments are long pockets that work for a small tripod or bow holder as shown.

This is the back side of the the bag.  All these are zippered pockets with various dividers sewn into them to organize everything.  On the bottom are two small pockets that work for tags, heat packs, compass.  The next pocket has everything I need for blood trailing and field dressing.  Above that holds knives, steels, saw, and clippers along with whatever else I can think of!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©