3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: scripture on a bow  (Read 931 times)

Offline dan d

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: scripture on a bow
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2010, 06:58:00 PM »
Cool stuff here, I'm getting a bow made up, you are giving me ideas guys !
Dan
Compton member & Michigan Traditional Bowhunter member.

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2010, 07:02:00 PM »
Raging Waters,
I have to know what your signature means---"Jesus did not tap!" Forgive my ignorance on this. I've been wondering what this means since I first read one of your posts.

Thanks
Roy

Offline dan d

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2010, 07:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by Bowwild:
Raging Waters,
I have to know what your signature means---"Jesus did not tap!" Forgive my ignorance on this. I've been wondering what this means since I first read one of your posts.

Thanks
Roy
I was also wondering, but was to shy to ask.
Dan

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2010, 07:26:00 PM »
I saw this on a friend's tee shirt, and asked him what it means.  He explained that he was in martial arts, and when someone is down and wants to give up, they tap the floor and the other person is supposed to let them up.  The saying means that Jesus doesn't give up.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline artifaker1

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2010, 10:17:00 PM »
Maybe it has something to do with the "knock and the door shall be opened". Thus implied to being assertive and confident. Just a guess.
Love is fleeting; stone tools are forever

Offline Matt Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2010, 10:21:00 PM »
GREAT stuff!!!  I'll bump it for the evening people.  Like one of the replies, i'm hoping to get a custom someday and wanted ideas - keep 'em coming
while i'm at it, how 'bout Psalm 16:8 "I have set the Lord continually before me; Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken."

best regards to all
matt G
"If God didn't make an outside, I wouldn't have fun." Summer - my 4 year old daughter

Offline Hess

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2010, 10:22:00 PM »
ttt

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2010, 10:46:00 PM »
Dan,

I am a Martial Artist. I started Boxing when I was 12 and won Golden Gloves when I was 14 and 15 in San Antonio TX. I have fought many times, mostly in the ring. A bunch of wins and some losses. I have a few Black Belts and one in Gracie Brazilian JuJitsu.

"Tapping Out" is to say "Uncle" when you are being choked to death and can't say "Uncle". Or when someone is about to break your arm or leg and you can't scream "Uncle" due to the pain.

I have "Tapped out" many men and, also, I have been "Tapped out".

Jesus did not Tap! He endured all our pain and all our sin. JESUS did NOT TAP!!!!

By the way, I am really a nice guy at heart. Really, I swear! I just like to throw leather whenever I get the chance.

Here is my Howard Hill Black Badger Cross

Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Statistically, 6 out of 7 Dwarves are not Happy… which Dwarf do you CHOOSE to be?

Two things that can never be taken back...Harsh Words and Time, Wasted

Offline dan d

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2010, 10:59:00 PM »
This is just good stuff here, it really blows my mind the spiritual side many have in this hobby, makes me feel good to be part of this. I used to be a closet Christian, I have slowly matured (very slowly, I'm 48 and just coming out of the closet) seeing everyone here express themselves this way has helped me come out of the closet, now I want something on my bow ! Very good post !
Dan

Offline ncsaknech1ydh

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2010, 11:17:00 PM »
Its great to see all of the people of faith on this site! I guess it should be no suprise that traditional bowhunters have their heads screwed on straight...no pun intended!  :)
"Anchor is a place where I can relax in an uncommitted state of mind"

64" BobLee Classic TD LBow 57# @ 32 1/2
64" BobLee BCentenniel TD RCurve  53# @ 32 1/2"
Always looking for BobLee Long Bow or RCurve Limbs, 64" 40# to 50#.

Offline Goose Gossett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2010, 11:18:00 PM »
Acts 10:13.  "Arise, kill, and eat" for me it can't get much better than that.  If I can find a picture or take one of my bow I'll post it.
He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me into a polished arrow, and concealed me in his quiver. Isaiah 49:2

Offline Squirrelbane

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2010, 01:02:00 AM »
One of my favorite verses

Ecclesiastes 9:10a
Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do [it] with thy might...

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2010, 01:18:00 AM »
Psalm 19:14.RC

Offline Matt Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2010, 07:04:00 AM »
TTT for the morning crowd.  Anyone else have one to share??  Re: Dan D - thanks - great post.  "Whatever you in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father."

thanks again to all who posted
Matt Green
"If God didn't make an outside, I wouldn't have fun." Summer - my 4 year old daughter

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2010, 07:29:00 AM »
Although I have never been a devout "Church Goer" I am a solid Christian and have never made any secrets about it. Far too many times in my life I could have been dead and forgotten about if it weren't for God's intervention, I also believe he sent angels to look over me in the worst of the worst points, I honestly believe that with all my heart and I'll share my stories with anybody who ever cares to listen.

Mine is right under all my posts in my signature..........
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32
"The Truth Shall Set You Free"

That's going on my next self bow, probably my first take down laminated Osage bow that I'm working on right now.
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline mscampbell75

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2010, 07:37:00 AM »
Psalm 86:11 will be on my next bow.
Psalm 86:11   Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.

Black Creek Banshee T/D  49#@28
Iron Mountain R/D Longbow  53#@28
70's Bear Kodiak Hunter 45#@28

Offline Greyfox54

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2010, 10:48:00 AM »
I have 2 sets of limbs for a BW SAIII 1one is 66# and the other 76# I had them refinished by Black Widow and since they weren't made for me originaly decided to have " Praise The Lord " written on both .
Greyfox54

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2010, 12:28:00 PM »
I had the 23 Psalm on my first custom but havent' put any on my others. I might put a verse on my next one!!  :thumbsup:  Jason

Offline prayerbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2010, 01:28:00 PM »
not a scripture but a prayer that i put on all my bows: "Dear Lord grant me wisdom in where I choose to hunt, the endurance to see it threw, guidance for my arrow and my soul amen"

Offline Hunter 709

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2010, 02:05:00 PM »
I bought a used bow and to my surprise it had "Revelation 6:2" written on the lower limb. The verse doesn't have a special meaning to me like some of the other posts on this thread but as a Christ follower it was a nice surprise when I opened the package when the bow arrived.
Earl

"Now then, get your weapons, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me" Genesis 27:3

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©