3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Another Double Bull Adventure  (Read 1078 times)

Offline dirtguy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Another Double Bull Adventure
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2010, 05:41:00 PM »
Nice Work!!!

:clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2010, 05:51:00 PM »
Thanks all for  your kind words and being patient. I kind of konked out last nite after dinner.

Laura and I each have two tags left. Our regular archery tags allow us another deer of either sex and we can take a deer with our bows using our firearms tag as long as we follow firearms regulations. So, it is still possible for me to get a bigger buck than Laura's (I didn't realize she was so competitive. She kept telling me as I was wheeling him out that he seemed smaller than hers) and/or take Bobby Urban's big doe pool  (a very real possiblity if I get the old doe to cooperate). In any event this season for us has already been a success and I am very happy to share it with you all. Any other game we take this season, with the exception of Laura's taking her first turkey, will be donated to other families or to the Hunter's for the Hungry program run by the NH Fish and Game program.I sincerely hope you all enjoy your seasons as much as we have enjoyed ours already. And I am not just talking about killing animals. We have worked hard on our new property to combat  the baiting, food plots and poaching gong on around us. We finally have turkeys coming in on a regular basis, have planted apple trees and provided other goodies to keep them cruising through our property which has not one mast tree on it due to it's being pretty much clear cut about 20 years ago. We finally realized last year that we had purchased a bedding area so hunting it and too much pressure puts them on high alert very early in the season. We have taken steps to combat that and we have seen more deer and turkeys this year than the previous two years combined. So my happiness with the "kill' has more to do with seeing hard work and effort paying off, particularly for Laura who has had a rather long "dry" spell and was beginning to wonder if she had what it takes to kill quickly and humaely. She is now one happy camper and ready to do it again. It is good to see her confident....and we still have 2 months of outdoors and hunting experiences to enjoy. I wish you all the same.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2010, 07:36:00 PM »
Way to go sir!  Nice deer!   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline Follower

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2010, 08:06:00 PM »
Good Story!  Nice buck.
"If any of you wants to be my follower, you must put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross, and follow me...."  Jesus  (Mathew 16:24)

Offline divecon10

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2010, 08:16:00 PM »
Thats a Groovy lookin trailer Bill!
divecon

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2010, 08:17:00 PM »
Allowing good judgement to prevail provided you with good luck. Hard hit deer typically want to lay down as soon as possible and will likely expire there. Pushing a questionably hit deer is to be reserved for those limited and special circumstances.

Congrats and thanks for sharing!!
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline kennyb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2010, 09:48:00 PM »
way to go, Bill...nice buck and way to show some patience! congrats!
Kennyb
>>>-------------->
Black Widow-PSA III 60"
Tall Tines Recurve 62"
U.S Army Veteran
U.S. Army Military Police K-9 Corps

Offline Wiley Coyote

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2010, 10:01:00 PM »
Congratulations on a fine buck!! Just wondering how you control/eliminate the scent from the Double Bull blind?  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Great Northern Bushbow
Super Shrew Delux
Talon Longbow
Chekmate Hunter Recurve

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2010, 10:58:00 PM »
Very Nice!! Great story and Congrats! Shawn
Shawn

Offline COOCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2010, 09:34:00 AM »
Congradulations all around.I love it when hard work is rewarded  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:  it's esspecially nice when you can slather it with gravy.
Jeff Couture

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2010, 09:39:00 AM »
Great Story!!  Blind hunting is a kick!
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline legends1

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2010, 08:01:00 PM »
Awesome pics and story,thanks for shar'n.

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2010, 09:34:00 AM »
Great deer and report .... I enjoyed it very much  :)

Thank you

:clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline lt-m-grow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2010, 02:31:00 PM »
Way to go Bill.  

So is the DB Blind the "stand" for now or you going to try another method for the next deer?

Nice deer!

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2010, 08:57:00 PM »
Dave: I'll be 67 before this year is over. I am finding that hunting from treestands is getting hard to do....sitting for 3 hours or so, having to pee too much, sore back. I don't handle discomfort as well as I used to....and.....having deer so close on the ground is just a whole different  way to go. I love it when I've killed on the ground in the past so I am thinking that the treestands I am most comfortable in need to have a lot of concealment  for me as I twist and turn, stand and pee, etc. They are not out of the picture but in the past two years my movement has gotten me busted more than I am happy with. The Double Bulls are very comfortable and the deer on my property seem to not mind them at all.  I found a nice hemlock yesterday than holds promise for a well placed stand so while I am not giving up on tree stands I am finding that the blinds have special qualities that I enjoy.....more comfortable, warmer, closer to the game. As I see it, treestands for me may be early season things but as the temps drop the blinds seem to be calling my name.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©