3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: arrow question  (Read 253 times)

Offline beaver#1

• Trad Bowhunter
arrow question
« on: October 14, 2010, 04:40:00 PM »
I recently got a self bow with no shelf.its 57@29.  Some of you guys that shoot a set similar, what is tour arrow set up like.
have i not commanded you? be strong and of good courage;be not afraid or discouraged:for the Lord your God is with you where ever you go. joshua 1:9

Offline seabass

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: arrow question
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 05:05:00 PM »
hey buddy.i have three selfbows.all of them have a small shelf.one is a 62" [email protected] shoot bamboo arrows with trade points.i got the bamboo from rudder bows.they have horn nocks and hardwood foreshafts.now i am having some made from rivercane.ryan gill of montana is making me some really nice primitive arrows.his website is gillsprimitivearchery.com.very good guy to deal with.he also knaps some really great obsidian arrowheads.also try primal need archery.they have tonkin cane shafts and arrows.check out these sites,i think you will find what you are looking for.hope this helps,steve

Offline beaver#1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 05:47:00 PM »
thanks much
have i not commanded you? be strong and of good courage;be not afraid or discouraged:for the Lord your God is with you where ever you go. joshua 1:9

Offline mmisciag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 06:12:00 PM »
Beaver#1,

I have a self bow with no shelf as well. So, you shoot of your hand. I believe that the spine of the arrow I shoot from it are lighter then the one I shoot from my 50# bear with a self. It also depends on your draw length. I bought my bow from Bill Darr. He is from a Renaissance Faire here in Pennsylvania. He lives in Florida except for the fall when his is putting on a show at the faire. His number is 954 254 8067. He can make arrows that should work for your bow and shooting style.

This guy’s arrows and bow are what got me into Traditional Archery.

Martin

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©