3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: what do ya think  (Read 1091 times)

Offline chessieboy

• Trad Bowhunter
what do ya think
« on: January 10, 2007, 03:30:00 AM »
First I'm not selling these. I THOUGHT about buying them and need imput. Take a minute and look at the link.  For now I shoot an old recurve 50# @ 28". Do ya think they'll work?
 http://cgi.ebay.com/WOOD-DOWELS-36-inch-x-3-8-ramin-wood-crafts-arrows-98_W0QQitemZ220068455629QQihZ012QQcategoryZ20844QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

thanks
Bill

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: what do ya think
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 07:09:00 AM »
Raminwood does make nice arrows, but they can be difficult to keep straight.
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 09:48:00 AM »
if you take a 1/4 inch steel plate and drill a hole in it to resize them to 23/64 by sticking them in a hand drill and pushing them through the plate clamped in a bench vise- that should solve the "keeping them straight" problem- at least it did for me when I shot ramin- my favorite arrow wood by the way.

Doing this "crushes down the exterior surface of the shaft somewhat like 'boning' does to a baseball bat -making it harder,stronger, and seems to take the bends out of the shafts. Not all fo them will work of course, but they become very serviceable shafts done that way.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 10:43:00 AM »
Squirrel arras?
Got wood? - Tom

Offline Big Dave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 03:52:00 PM »
I just bought a batch from that guy and so for tht look pretty good. I just spined a few of them and they spined 80# to Over 90# which is to heavy for me but I intend to run them down to 5/16 and see what they spine then. Of coarse I haven't spined them all yet so there might be some lighter spined shafts and if I find that to be true I will get back to you and let you know.
Live today like you'll meet God tommorow (you might)

Offline chessieboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 06:58:00 AM »
If they're already spined that heavy and I "crush" them down won't that increase the spine? BIg Dave let me know how they turn out if you don't mind.
Thanks
Chessie

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©