3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Good luck southern zone hunters  (Read 4730 times)

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Good luck southern zone hunters
« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2010, 01:11:00 PM »
Need to get  back put there ron. Somethings blowin in.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #121 on: November 01, 2010, 05:48:00 AM »
I have been seeing a lot of chasing...at work.   :banghead:   I saw three different bucks chasing different groups of does yesterday while on my patrol. Scrapes and rubs are taking a pounding.
got out of work at 11 last night, and back in already. I am going to try to get out this afternoon. I have a core area that is perfect for a N-NW wind, and im going "Mikey style". Low and slow.   :goldtooth:
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #122 on: November 01, 2010, 10:08:00 AM »
1st day on vacation and i'm SICK as a dog AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!! headed out shortly to put up a tree stand anyways! will be out tommorow morning unless dead!!!!!!!!
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #123 on: November 01, 2010, 01:46:00 PM »
Suck it up ,your not that sick if you can still put out stands.....   :biglaugh:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #124 on: November 01, 2010, 09:21:00 PM »
IZZY, is there a story????? I'm going to try something different in the AM, going to set up in the wide open behind a skinny tree......we'll see!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #125 on: November 02, 2010, 05:08:00 AM »
That stinks Ken, I hope you feel better quick.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #126 on: November 02, 2010, 05:14:00 AM »
I saw two deer(in the woods), heard a bear woof and run away, saw a grouse, and found two very large piles of bear scat. I also found two dead deer...one a skeleton, and one...just shreds of skin buried in "piles of debris and leaves". Hard to explain...six foot circles of bare dirt, with piles of hair,hide, leaves and twigs heaped in the center. I have never seen anything like it. Winter coat from a deer, and smelled pretty ripe so I would guess a week or two old. I got pics, but they don't show too much detail and I have to wait until I get home. Any ideas?
Not a bad evening in the woods, although I must admit I was a bit miffed when I walked into my yard and saw a forkie harassing three does. Best part was he was broadside at 18 yards. How do I know? He was standing infront of my bh target. Bastages have a sense of humor!
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #127 on: November 02, 2010, 05:34:00 AM »
 Bastages have a sense of humor!  
:laughing:

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #128 on: November 02, 2010, 03:45:00 PM »

Excuse the quality of the pic, it was a cell phone after all. Here you can see the two "piles" of debris containing the hair and hide segments.

Does a bear...well now ya know. For a rerference, the rock that is "loaded" is about the size of a 5 gallon bucket.

-Jamie

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #129 on: November 02, 2010, 10:19:00 PM »
You already have your answer grasshopper , bet there is deer in that poo
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #130 on: November 03, 2010, 05:29:00 AM »
Hey Jamie, you can answer the age old question, was there any out in the buckwheat   :bigsmyl:

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #131 on: November 03, 2010, 12:04:00 PM »
Could be guys. I have never known bears to "cover" stuff up like that, atleast around here. The scat did not appear to have one trace of hair or bone in it, and if I am not mmistaken, it would have looked differently if it was a meat diet...
this is the third time I have found dead deer, or their remnants, in the last two years. I am wondering if some other predator is at work here.
                         -Jamie

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #132 on: November 03, 2010, 12:10:00 PM »
Jamie, did you find it anywhere near a road?  I found one just like it. Deer covered up with leaves and chewed on. It was next to the Taconic Parkway so I was thinking bobcat on a road kill. Because you know there aren't any mountain lions in NY!

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #133 on: November 03, 2010, 12:11:00 PM »
Going to try an after lunch attack for a few hours...change things up a bit!!

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #134 on: November 03, 2010, 01:10:00 PM »
Terry, it was a few hundred yards off the road. An over grown field that was last cut about twenty years ago. The kind of stuff the bunny master would drool over. I know there are bobcats around, just saw one the other night. My issues is where is the skelton, bones...the bigger pieces. To only find hide and fur, well it has me perplexed.
I know the picture doesn't show it too well, but the circles were approximately 6-7 feet in diameter, and the "piles" were about a foot high.
                         -Jamie

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #135 on: November 03, 2010, 01:40:00 PM »
Put a nice five point down yesterday afternoon. He came into the grunt call. I missed him first shot cause my bottom limb hit my stand. He ran off about twenty yrds. Hit the grunt call and he came right back in. Broadside at fifteen yrds hit him a little back. So I let him go for the night. Worried that the yotes mite get him. Went back in this morning and found him about hundred yrds from the stand. Nice buck..I'm a Happy Boy..Now it's Doe time..MUZZY PHATOM..OH YEAH..

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #136 on: November 03, 2010, 02:19:00 PM »
Nice Tucker! Congrats!
                         -Jamie

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #137 on: November 03, 2010, 05:37:00 PM »
way to go tucker   :thumbsup:

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #138 on: November 03, 2010, 05:40:00 PM »
Mid day attack was a nice change....no deer but had a close encounter with a bunch of turkeys. Almost had a shot but the old girl smelled a rat and beat it out of there. Second time this year.Beautiful day!!

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #139 on: November 03, 2010, 08:28:00 PM »
Well done Tuck.Fresh venny!Might regret it later but I passed on a 5pt. this morning at 12yds but there are some big ones running around in there and I have all next week off.Hope I don't end up eating 'tag soup'.   :scared:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©