3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Good luck southern zone hunters  (Read 4719 times)

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Good luck southern zone hunters
« Reply #280 on: November 14, 2010, 11:49:00 AM »
Saw 2does,2 fawns,a spike and 2 coyotes this morning...couldn't get a shot at any of them but looks like I need to do some predator control this Winter with the centerfire bow.   ;)

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #281 on: November 14, 2010, 01:25:00 PM »
Know just what you mean Jeff... Gonna use my .243 recurve for them this January.  :D

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #282 on: November 14, 2010, 05:32:00 PM »
Got out at 3 after work. Saw nothing but squirrels and 2 "fellas" walking through the woods doing who knows what. Unfortunately I did not bring blunts out in my quiver.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #283 on: November 14, 2010, 05:40:00 PM »
Nothing this morning but 2 squirrels and a few song birds.

Unfortunately, I'm Done bow hunting for a bit. I was really hoping to loose an arrow by now.  Good luck to anyone who has time to hunt this week.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #284 on: November 14, 2010, 05:54:00 PM »
Just looked at the weather channel and Tuesday is looking really good.Lat time I checked it was looking like rain.Hang in there Charlie, we still got time.

Offline Peter Smith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #285 on: November 14, 2010, 06:03:00 PM »
Today is the first day in 2 weeks without seeing a hair. I have averaged seeing 2 bucks a sit. I generally only hunt in the morning from sun up to 11 to 12. Most of the deer I have seen are with in gun range, Ive missed 2 bucks, and that was my fault for trying to hunt wearing my new contacts. They changed my perspective on distance a little.(one ducked) I pick and shoot a leaf right before I get down. still no deer in the freezer.
5 days left. I suppose thats why they call it "hunting".
Pete
You get what you get.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #286 on: November 14, 2010, 06:03:00 PM »
Should cool down next week, it aint over till the fat lady sings   ;)
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #287 on: November 14, 2010, 06:29:00 PM »
I missed a beast of a 4 pt I rattled in this am. Ten yards on the ground.....can we say jello?
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Online glenbo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #288 on: November 14, 2010, 08:00:00 PM »
I too am without a deer yet.After at least doubles for the last 4 years.A bad hit,a passed chip shot at a glorified spike,and a miss at under 15 yds and I am deerless.5 days left,all of gun season,and winter bow.I still have some time to arrow a deer.You are only a loser if you give up.To all my brothers still on the prowl,good luck.glen

Offline longrifle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #289 on: November 14, 2010, 09:59:00 PM »
none for me either yet, its been a slow season so far,not much seen, i drew on a small buck while ground hunting on sat. nite but he spooked befor i could shoot, your right its not over for me until about 5 o' clock on fri, there is still time,Lord help me.my family of 6 is getting hungry.
The human body is the only machine the harder you work it, the stronger it gets.
"Aim small- Hit small" ( I never think negative)

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #290 on: November 16, 2010, 10:18:00 AM »
Youre right Glen plenty of season left.

I am done for the early season as I have to work up until Gun season starts.
I will be using a rifle for Rifle season this year but plan on setting it down after this year if I manage to get a deer with it. I will then pick up my Muzzle loader also for personal reasons and then my bow will be back in my hand. through February.

I wish I chose to take this week off from work instead of last week. Its hard to chose the right week when you have to take your time off 4 months in advance. I had a great week off last week though.

Good luck to whomever will be hunting the rest of this week.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

« Reply #291 on: November 16, 2010, 12:03:00 PM »
Discouraging season--not many deer seen, 3 different bucks 2 of which are spikes. My vacation is almost over and I have been hunting really hard for the entire season with poor results--gets worse every year as hunting properties dry up for various reasons. I will hang in but man am I tired!

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #292 on: November 16, 2010, 12:04:00 PM »
Got some stuff to do, then maybe hitting some state land for a doe hunt. They were chasing like crazy at work today....
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #293 on: November 16, 2010, 12:16:00 PM »
I'm thinking about taking off Fri all I have left is some doe tags and a friend that wants a small doe.

Offline Tim Kosteczko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #294 on: November 16, 2010, 02:53:00 PM »
hey guys congrats to all so far, me and dad have been hunting pretty hard this year with not whole lot to show for it, we have each had several opportunities at illegal bucks(3 on one side in our area) all with in 10 yards, and i missed a nice doe a week ago, shot rite over her back at about 15 yards.
but last Friday morning our luck changed a little, at 7:15 i saw a big doe feeding her way down towards me on an opposite hillside from my stand. She worked her way in a large circle and disappeared down a hill into some really thick brush. about 20 minutes later i hear footsteps in the river behind me i turn and see her walking out to the middle of the river trying to cross. she made it out about 50 yards and decided to turn around. she came back to shore shook off and headed rite for me. she had about 150 yards to walk and a steep little hill to climb but she came straight in and stepped into that one "perfect spot" for my tree stand, wide open and only 10 yards and stopped on her own, the situation was almost hard to believe.
i had big doe fever and was shaking pretty bad so the shot was a little high and back but i too caught the major artery under the spine, she ran about 60 yards and stopped and fell over. She is one of my bigger does with any weapon and i couldn't be happier.    

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #295 on: November 16, 2010, 03:07:00 PM »
Nice big doe ...well done   :thumbsup:    :notworthy:    !!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #296 on: November 16, 2010, 03:08:00 PM »
Nice deer Tom, congrats!

I haven't been out In a week and a half due to work. I've had quite a bit of action up until the last time that I went out, which is when I shot a doe. I've hunted Delaware, Dutchess, Putnam, and Westchester counties, and have had pretty good action in all.

I'm going to try to get in the woods Thrus and Fri between shifts.  Who needs sleep????
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #297 on: November 16, 2010, 04:48:00 PM »
Nice doe Tim, great job!  :thumbsup:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #298 on: November 16, 2010, 05:11:00 PM »
 Discouraging season--not many deer seen, 3 different bucks 2 of which are spikes. My vacation is almost over and I have been hunting really hard for the entire season with poor results--gets worse every year as hunting properties dry up for various reasons. I will hang in but man am I tired!  
Hang in there, I have shot deer on the last day last thing. Like I tell my son you can go for days even weeks and not see anything, but don't let your guard down   :thumbsup:

« Reply #299 on: November 16, 2010, 05:34:00 PM »
Just back from the evening hunt in the rain. Last 5 minutes a 6-point buck snuck in on me, and he spooked when I turned my head. I need some good luck!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©