3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Summit safety harness?  (Read 181 times)

Offline VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
Summit safety harness?
« on: October 16, 2010, 07:47:00 AM »
Does anybody know if the harness's that come with summit treestands have the linesman loops on the harness? If so, does it have the linesman belt or rope?
Schafer Silvertip 66#-"In memory", Green Mountain Longbow 60#, Hill Country Harvest Master TD 59#

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."
    - Doug Lawson.

Offline rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Summit safety harness?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 09:08:00 AM »

Each FastBack harness comes with a heavy duty safety rope with a sliding Prusik hitch (FastBack Cub models get a 30' long safety rope), a mesh, sewn fabric back, low profile buckles that won't snag on your clothes, A high quality locking carabineer and snap clip to convert the safety rope into a lineman's belt, a 5 year limited warranty and years of engineering knowhow. Each FastBack harness is also built right here in the U.S.A.

This is right off of Summitt's website.  i use an older fastback deluxe and love it!  To answer your question, you can use it as a lineman's belt to climb also.  Hope this helps.    :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 09:12:00 AM »
Thanks Randy but I'm talking about the actual harness that comes in the box when you buy a summit treestand.
Schafer Silvertip 66#-"In memory", Green Mountain Longbow 60#, Hill Country Harvest Master TD 59#

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."
    - Doug Lawson.

Offline rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 09:15:00 AM »
My bad sir...   :(  Maybe someone will jump in and help you out!
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline Curtis Haden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 11:21:00 AM »
I bought an Open-Shot Deluxe last year, and the harness with it did have linesman loops sewn in.  There was no linesman rope included.  I don't really like the way they did the loops.  They are stiff and stick out there whether you're using them or not.
Rose Oak Ace 41@28
Super Shrew Gold 42@28
Black Widow PCH-X 40@28
Toelke Pika 43@28
_ _ _

A subtle play on words is better than a poke in the eye.

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 11:53:00 AM »
I purchased a muddy Safety harness,It came with two linemen belts and a deer drag.It doesn't feel like even have a harness on ,It's pretty cool ,I have had quite a few different safety harnesses ,But this one is the most comfortable and user friendly.It was well worth it.

Carl
--------------------------
 Heb.13:5-6

Offline ghostrunner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 04:20:00 PM »
Bought a Summit Viper climber this year and the harness does have linesman loops, but does not come with rope.  Just a tree strap.
Aub

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2010, 04:38:00 PM »
yes

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©