3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ohio guys--You shouldn't have stayed in bed this morning!!  (Read 300 times)

Offline Somersetstickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ohio guys--You shouldn't have stayed in bed this morning!!
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2010, 05:53:00 AM »
It was a good morning down here in Perry County  in SE Ohio as well.

Had a doe come across the hill about 40 yards out. She was on a slow feed as she moved right to left across the hill, her flag about half raised the whole time.

I was watching her through my binocs when I caught sight of another deer that came in from the left. It turned out to be a 8pt. He started to follow her around and every time he tried to play grab-fanny with her, she would scoot off about 10-15 yards in front of him. This went on for about 15 minutes and then they headed over the hill.

About 10 o'clock, I started to get out of my chair and saw 2 does coming over the hill. No shots as they never came closer than about 30 yards. As always, it's fun to watch and observe.

Evening hunt was a bust as far as seeing deer goes. It was a little on the windy side. I must have watched 10 different squirrels.

A list of honey-do's to knock out after church on Sunday, so I probably won't get back out until Tues. or Weds. evening.
If a person walks in the woods and listens carefully, he will learn more than what is in books. - George Washington Carver

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2010, 06:16:00 AM »
Good luck, Ohioites!
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2010, 08:11:00 AM »
Good luck, Charlie!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©