3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: anybody use a deer cart?  (Read 958 times)

Offline pacopperhead

• Trad Bowhunter
anybody use a deer cart?
« on: October 16, 2010, 02:14:00 PM »
like to get a good deer cart thats well built and easy to use

is there any really nice ones out there

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: anybody use a deer cart?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 05:05:00 PM »
Here's a picture of one I saw on craigs list. Looks like they took an old rototiller and built a frame around it and replace the tines with tires. Man was thinking that's for sure.

But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline pacopperhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 05:35:00 PM »
thanks for the reply Benbow but i mean the ones you take in the woods

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 05:38:00 PM »
Here's one of my favorite pics of myself with a deer. I got this cart at  local outfitters store in Southern Maine. It was on sale and it seems to work fine for average size deer. I have another I got from Cabela's which is a bit easier to work with and will take a heavier load. We are about 1/2 mile in from where we park our truck and have to walk in and out. I don't know where I would be without the cart. I typically take them out in my canoe but the river has been so low lately that that isn't possible. We had a lot of rain yesterday/last nite so that may be better. I'll see tomorrow. But I don't see how you can loose getting a cart. Great for getting gear in and deer out.

The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline bsimm78

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 05:41:00 PM »
No deer cart. I make my little brother haul mine.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 05:44:00 PM »
Carts are smart! My bro and I use one all the time now. Use it to haul stands to and from the woods too. Great investment.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline caleb7mm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 06:01:00 PM »
I hate my cart! went to a sled. much much better!!
Hoyt Dorado 45&50lb

Offline bluegill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2010, 06:18:00 PM »
I have a super mag hauler from Cabelas. I have used for the past 12 years and will say if it broke in half in the morning I would buy another just like it.

Offline awishanew

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2010, 06:28:00 PM »
We have used a cart very similar to the one in the picture to haul moose out. Most often just a quarter at a time but we hauled a half of a smaller moose and it works great.

Offline penrosefred

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2010, 06:57:00 PM »
When I lived in mi. I used to use a wheel borrow really works, especialy if you can have some one on the front with a rope. I have taken many deer out that way. You would be supprised how will you can move it the woods with one
I have been blessed, beyond measure.

Offline pacopperhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2010, 07:00:00 PM »
thanks guys for the replies i just had one put on hold @ cabelas its made by ameristep 300lb steel cart for 49.99 so i thought for my first cart to try the price was great

Offline JPE

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2010, 08:24:00 PM »
You will not be sorry. When not hauling deer or stands my daughter uses mine to bring in wood for the stove.

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2010, 08:24:00 PM »
I absolutely love my Ameri-step non-typical. There are plus and minuses. It folds up like a backpack and has hauled out numerous 200+ deer with no problems. I can carry it on my back quite easy while on a blood trail. The wheels are canted outward for great stability. The majority of the deer's wt. is on the pivot.

One minus is that it is closer to the ground than some larger ones. It has not been a major problem for me though.

Good luck
Dan in KS
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline COOCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2010, 08:50:00 PM »
It's a must have piece of gear, love mine.
Jeff Couture

Offline Buckeye Trad Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2010, 09:21:00 PM »
Originally posted by caleb7mm:
I hate my cart! went to a sled. much much better!!
What he said.  If the woods aren't wide open then a cart is useless.  I borrowed my uncles to see how I liked it before I bought one and boy am I glad I did. It was actually easier to drag the deer because I couldn't get the cart in between trees.  He hasn't used it after the first time either.

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2010, 10:25:00 PM »
I might add after reading some of these. . . after 35 years of deer hunting- if I can not take one out on a cart then the knife comes out and it is boned out with the gutless method. I sure will never drag one again.

Just 2C

Dan
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2010, 10:45:00 PM »
I used to wonder why anyone would need a cart for hauling deer out of the woods, until I grew up and also hunted public land a little. Now, I have decided that if I hunt public land anymore, I must get a cart because you can't drive very far at all onto public land here. If you wanna get back to where the deer are of any size, you gotta walk a good mile or more to get there. Woe unto the person that has to drag a nice buck out from a mile back in the woods and hills! A cart would be a must have unless you bone out the deer on the spot. Never done that in the woods before though.
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2010, 10:50:00 PM »
Use a cart once & it'll pay for itself. I made mine & haul my climber & gear into the woods & deer out altogether.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline BenBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2010, 11:08:00 PM »
pacopperhead they had this listed as a motorized game cart.    :biglaugh:    
But his bow will remain steady, and his hands will be skillful; because of the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel,  (Genesis 49:24 [NETfree])

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2010, 08:26:00 AM »
After my son and I dragged another doe out of the woods (about a mile back) opening day last season, I went right out and bought a cart.  Haven't shot a deer since.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©