3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: anybody use a deer cart?  (Read 957 times)

Offline Ringneck

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: anybody use a deer cart?
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2010, 08:46:00 AM »
I have a Cabela's super mag hauler. Works great as long as the soil isn't too sandy. Has solid tires which are a must around here as well due to stickers. If I can't use the hauler it gets boned out on the spot. I'm not dragging a deer anymore.

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2010, 08:57:00 AM »
I have used a Deer Cart the last few years, and they are the ticket.  I can't imagine pulling one out any more.

In my opinion, they are less than 1/2 the work of dragging a deer out.

I'm not sure what brand mine is, however it does have the solid tires as well.

Offline jamesh76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2010, 09:07:00 AM »
I had used a sled for years. This year I bought a cart. IMO the best money I have spent in a long time. Not only does it work for deer, but if you have stands and such to hang you can haul that also.
-------------------------------
James Haney
Spring Hill, KS
_ _ _ _ _ ______ _  _  _  _  _
USMC Infantry 1996-2001
1st Marine Division
-------------------------------

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2010, 09:19:00 AM »
I've got the same Cabela's one as Bill except it has dual wheels.  Very handy.

Online Littlejake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2010, 11:04:00 AM »
I don't know which cart is the best.But it is the best thing I've spent money on in the last several years.
Try and be the person your dog thinks you are...
PBS Regular Member

Offline Red Tailed Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2010, 11:11:00 AM »

Regular hand truck and rope.

Hey it works.   :)
I'm drinking from a saucer 'cause my cup has overflowed

Offline JL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2010, 01:12:00 PM »
I have several carts. With a bad disc in the L4-L5, my draggin days are over. When in thick woods, you need to pick your path and take your time but I deal with it. Uneven ground can be tricky also. There was a game cart by the name "versacart" that had angled wheels that could be used for other tasks also. I would love to find one of those carts today.

Everything in life is give and take. Carts have there place/time to help make a difficult task a little easier.

JL
Practice like you are the worst, shoot like you are the best...

Offline pacopperhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2010, 01:15:00 PM »
Steve O awesome picture and cart!! i wanted to get the dual wheel kit and its discontinued, dag gone!! i really wanted those extra wheels it wouldve made the cart stronger and better rolling

Offline bluegrassbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2010, 01:26:00 PM »
Guess I'm gonna be odd man out...I've got one in the barn that hasn't been used in a couple of years..The places I hunt just aren't user friendly for a cart..Uneven,hilly,thick can't get a cart through most of it anyway..specially since the ice storm a couple of years ago...from now on I'll bone them out & get em out that way if it's very far from the truck...I can see were you would benifit in places were the woods were open & semi flat or open fields & crop lands...
"Life,Liberty & the pursue of deer & turkeys."

Offline vermonter1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2010, 01:50:00 PM »
I'm 57 and fell off a roof last year, I still hunt as far back as I can and getting deer out is now a major deal for me(my son and son-in law are not always available.  After this year I am committed to getting a cart, and probably a sled for the tougher to reach spots.  My body just can't do it anymore!

Offline pacopperhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2010, 02:16:00 PM »
awesome im back in business i just located a dual wheel kit and will have the cart i want

i like the wheels Steve O has mine are steel wire spokes his look like big spokes

Offline WTT03

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2010, 04:41:00 PM »
I have had the Cabela's Super Mag Hauler for quite a few years now. Love it! I was even lucky enough one year to get a buck and a doe and hauled them both out on the cart together in one trip with NO problems. I have back problems also and won't be dragging another deer anytime soon. You can get the dual wheel kit for the model I have and spoke covers also. I haven't gotten either of them though.
Todd

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2010, 05:17:00 PM »
We use them all the time in Missouri

This is a fully guided deer hunt here

I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2010, 09:43:00 PM »
I'm a sled guy too. Ice fishing sled, besides deer I've taken out two elk with one.
I'm not smart enough to use wheels.
David M. Conroy

Offline sagebrush

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2010, 02:04:00 AM »
I know there are states where you must bring out the whole animal but in Utah all you need is evidence of sex and the skull plate with horns. I would never try to drag a deer out. I also don't use a cart because of the steepness and roughness of where I hunt. A deer is very easy to carry after it is boned out. There is not all that much meat on one. I'm used to carrying out elk. They are a little bigger. It takes some time to bone them right but is well worth it. Gary

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2010, 03:56:00 AM »
Like a few have said . I don`t drag deer or pigs unless I am very close. I "Womack`em". Thats boned out on the spot and in the backpack. Very easy.

I do have a cart I made years ago from two old lawnmower handles and the back wheels from an old lawnmower. When I hunt a couple of stand near my house I use it so I don`t "draw" all the dogs in the neighborhood to my stands.RC

Here is my favorite game cart...

Online R. Combs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2010, 05:40:00 AM »
I have been using a dead sled for a few years now and I carry it the woods with me either strapped to my tree stand or to my back pack. Works great.

Rick

http://www.deadsled.com/

Offline Steel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2010, 08:01:00 AM »
I have one of the folding steel game carts it has saved my butt more than once hauling deer and big hogs out of the woods.One time I had to drive my car(truck in shop) and couldn't cross a creek and had a buck down 1/2 mile away plus I had a walking cast on my foot.I wheeled that big buck out in 20 minutes never breaking a sweat!

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2010, 08:32:00 AM »
I use a body bag from work(clean of course) it makes for an easy drag out.You can get Body bags from some of the military surplus stores.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline 2hats

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2010, 01:26:00 PM »
I use mine when I am alone.I also use it to load my deer in the truck when I have no one like Nook to help me load them.LOL.Really works great when you drop the tailgate and slide the cart and all up onto the bed..

D
You do not realize now what I am doing,but later you will understand.Book of John
Bow list just keeps on growing and growing.....

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©