3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: "AMBUSHED" in Jersey  (Read 2345 times)

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: "AMBUSHED" in Jersey
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2010, 08:38:00 AM »
Chuck makes keeper bows for sure. I bought a longbow from him this year and the workmanship is excellent, plus the bow just shoots great! His Ambush bows are well made and great shooters too. Congratulations. The only bad thing is now Chuck will think you are his buddy and he will start stalking you on Tradgang.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2010, 11:46:00 AM »
Originally posted by owlbait:
 The only bad thing is now Chuck will think you are his buddy and he will start stalking you on Tradgang.
I thought I was the only one...  :eek:    :p
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2010, 01:55:00 PM »
Thanks for all the good words. I am pleased you are happy with the bow Danny. Get that thing tuned up and make some meat.
Mike and Jake...I'll talk to you later.  :eek:  
Stalker
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline bolong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2010, 03:46:00 PM »
:thumbsup:   Nuce!
bolong

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2010, 03:50:00 PM »
:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:   Congrats!

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2010, 07:01:00 PM »
I got off work a little earlier tonight so I'd have more daylight to tune her up. I put Bow Hush on her, as I do all my recurves, and installed the wool silencers Chuck sent with the bow. They are really nice, I like them. All I had to do was get the nock set right, I shoot 3 under. I noticed I didn't need to set the nock as high as I do on other bows. Wow! She is very quiet, totally shock free, and my arrows are flying like darts, very fast darts. I'm already grouping nicely and smacking shafts. This is a surprisingly stable bow for being so short. I was shooting AD Trad Lites, some at 10gpp, and some at 11gpp. She loves them both. I can't get the smile off my face, you know how you feel after a really good shooting session. I love this bow!
If Chuck wants to stalk me on TG that's O.K. with me, it won't be hard to find him when I'm ready for my next Ambush! Lol!
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline Gerry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2010, 07:01:00 PM »
Love that look,enjoy.

Offline Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2010, 12:20:00 AM »
Danny,you can't ask any more of a bow,and shes a beaut to boot!
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2010, 12:26:00 AM »
Really nice looking bow Danny  :)  Sound like she be a shooter tooooo !!

Quote..."I can't get the smile off my face, you know how you feel after a really good shooting session."

I need one of those days  :)
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2010, 12:38:00 AM »
I am lovin' the grain in that wood. Nice looking bow. I'm not too into short bows, but that looks real nice. Enjoy it.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2010, 02:00:00 PM »
Sounds like you are getting it line-out Danny.
And I don't stalk T-gangers. The two wise guy's above are just sensative.   :rolleyes:  
You have nothing to worry about(except breaking arrows.)
Chuck
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2010, 03:49:00 PM »
My feelings are hurt!  :(    "[dntthnk]"    :rolleyes:
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2010, 03:57:00 PM »
Nice Bocote,sweet small demon.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2010, 04:19:00 PM »
Chuck you're right about that. I had too many arrows trying to get in the same hole last night, and those AD's aren't cheap. I may have to start shooting one arrow groups, or it could get costly.
Are you going to be selling the String Silencers, or just shipping them with new bows? I really like them.
Don't worry about those guys ribbing you, it's just a cry out for attention. Remember that every new TWO TRACKS bow that hits the woods makes them members of a less exclusive club. Lol! In my case you took pity on a Buckeye, stuck in SopranoLand, and allowed me to own one of your bows. That's gotta be extra hard on them fellas. Lol!
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2010, 04:26:00 PM »
Felix, I like that. She is like a "Little Demon". Small, sleek, curvy, and spits fire! I hope to take the Little Demon for her first walk in the woods this week.

Offline Oliverstacy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2010, 07:36:00 PM »
Nice bow!

If you need a replacement string I know they guy the makes them!  He can be somewhat "off" at times though  :readit:  !   Shot one in February at a bunny shoot…awesome design and is smooth.  I shot one that was 50 @ 28” if I remember correctly.

Great blind bow with the black glass…I need to get one with grey actionwood and black glass, black overlays and horn tips, Chuck you have anything like that in the works?

Josh
Custom Flemish Strings by Oliverstacy!  
Kanati 60" 57@29"
AP Cumberland 66" 58@29"
WhisperStik KajikaStik 56" Recurve with Canebrakes...57@28"
WhisperStik KajikaStik aka "Wormy" RC & LB,both 55@29"
Martin Savannah 50@28"
Kota Kill-um 55@28"

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2010, 07:59:00 PM »
Thanks Josh, and yes I'll be ordering a back-up string for her soon. The one on her is another of your masterpieces.

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2010, 08:38:00 PM »
OH Jacob, I'm just teasing. cheer up buddy and go shoot a muledeer or something.
Josh, you never know what I may come up with next.BUT, I think I am fresh out of gray actionwood. I will see what I have that is close.
I am building some LONWALKER longbows now and hope to run some recurves in the next few weeks.
I have a few started that should finish soon also.
Danny, Let us know how the walk goes. Yes I will be offering the silencers for sale. as soon as I get some more feed back. So far they are working great.Have fun.
Chuck
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

~ Francis Chan

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2010, 10:06:00 PM »
You gotta work a little harder than that Chuck!  You gotta have thick skin to be in the "circle".

I wish I could hunt mule deer, but did not draw a tag,  I am check for left over tags and see if I can chase one during the rut!
TGMM

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2010, 06:37:00 AM »
Good luck with that Jacob.
Danny, I am pushing in on a pretty nice 8 point. I may have to break out my AMBUSH and hit the ground to get him.
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

~ Francis Chan

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©