3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Camo help plz.  (Read 554 times)

Offline Leapingbare

• Trad Bowhunter
Camo help plz.
« on: October 17, 2010, 12:55:00 PM »
Right now i hunt with a leafy suit, Its grate camo and light weight. On cold mornings i layer under it.
 I am wanting to buy a set of warm water proof top and bottom, I have been looking around and cant seam to make up my mind. I'd Like to wear this camo even on dry days.
 I'd Like to find something warm , water proof , quiet , and comfortable for around $300 or less.
 I've read some reviews on some sites but i am a traditional bow hunter and I'd feel allot better acting on the recommendations of the fine folks on this form  :)

Offline Zmonster

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Camo help plz.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 01:06:00 PM »
Warm and Water proof? Rivers West comes to mine.

http://www.riverswest.com/
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying,
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

Offline Leapingbare

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 06:41:00 AM »
this stuff looks good.
 Iv checked into it and the ranger ATJ jacket and the ranger atp pants look really good.
 Has anyone elce used these?

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 08:38:00 AM »
Heh Jesse,
We have had great luck with the Cabelas revolution fleece with Dry Plus liner. My pullover is 10 years old now. I wished it was a tad quieter, expecially when it is new, but that is the trade off for waterproof membranes. I do think it is as quiet or quieter than all the others out there. The older it gets the quieter it gets. Very warm and reasonable price. If it is raining hard enough to need it then it is quiet enough the deer won't hear it.

Last year was our first year in the new Predator 380gr windproof lined fleece in Fall Gray. Love this stuff ! Dead quiet and warm to boot. Had a flock of turkeys walk by me and Mason in the same lone white oak in a clearcut at 10 yds and never saw us TWICE ! You can buy top and bottom for $200 direct from Predator or Gray Wolf Woolens who is a sponsor here. We hunted three morning where the temp was around 6 degrees and we had on our ullfrotte' long johns, a Goodwill merino wool sweater, and our Predator Fleece. Stayed 4 hrs and was not cold. Don't forget the fleece beannie hat too, it is great. JMHO
TGMM  Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Offline Leapingbare

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 02:16:00 PM »
I went ahead and got the river west ranger atj and the ranger atp.
 I could not find any reviews on this but i have heard allot of good things about there stuff.
 It seems to be what i am looking for and I really think I'll like it.
 I'll get back with yall after i put some field time in with it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©