3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: DB gone in less than 48 hours!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 507 times)

Offline Sc0

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: DB gone in less than 48 hours!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2010, 05:29:00 PM »
So go hunting for game animals legally, then hunt for scumbags who do the things illegally?

Setup feeders for the deer...
Bait the thieves with equipment...  

Sounds like responsible hunters need Game Warden Deputy licenses and monthly meetings, or at least the buddy Game Warden's phone number.  Maybe invite him out for a hunt or two to see what pops up?  And if nothing else maybe to show him how much him and his job helps our sport.  A sad display of someone who never learned manners or values as a kid and has grown up to enjoy stealing and lying and think it's ok.

(I have read of people setting up IR trailcams in higher than normal spots in tree's or branches to catch photos of said thieves.)

Offline GMASIUK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2010, 05:46:00 AM »
Well I'm just trying to move past this and enjoy the season. But it is really bugging me! I think I am going to try a ghilli suit soon. Anyone have any sugestions on a good one that you have had luck with? It needs to be one thats really portable and light weight.

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2010, 07:12:00 AM »
Every time I read about something being stolen it pains me. It also reminds me of the nice blind I had stolen off private land.

I have a DB recurve blind that sits in my basement because I can't bring myself to put it out know that unless I'm sitting in it there's a chance it would be gone.

We definitely live in a fallen world.

There will come a day of judgment, Woe! to the thieves.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2010, 07:54:00 AM »
I feel bad for ya, too.  I had my first lock on stand and climbing sticks stolen from private, posted land.  I wrote in a local forum that I had pics from my trail cam (I lied, forgive me).  Lo and behold, the stand and sticks were sitting at the base of the tree the next week-end.  I don't know if my threat worked, or the perpetrator's conscience got the best of him.  Or, if it is the kid I think, his dad probably whooped his behind and made him put it back.  I hope you catch the thief.
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline Oliverstacy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2010, 10:03:00 AM »
Originally posted by 30coupe:
Mine goes into and out of the woods with me as a rule, even though I hunt private land.
+1  I hunt private land but I can't afford another one so it is packed in and out.  I do like brushing it in and I find I get better every time.

Also for the record I've left it once...but it was in the middle of a 140-acre cornfield that if they found it I guess I'd have to admit defeat.  It was a night/morning hunt so I left it that one time.

Hope you find it…that is total crap!

Buddy lost 2 dozen big foot geese decoys one night...someone drove a truck right out into the field to get them.

Josh
Custom Flemish Strings by Oliverstacy!  
Kanati 60" 57@29"
AP Cumberland 66" 58@29"
WhisperStik KajikaStik 56" Recurve with Canebrakes...57@28"
WhisperStik KajikaStik aka "Wormy" RC & LB,both 55@29"
Martin Savannah 50@28"
Kota Kill-um 55@28"

Offline JamesV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2010, 10:14:00 AM »
My neighbor had his tree stand stolen off his property. We have theives that live down the road so he went there and offered a reward if they could find his stand. You guessed it, $35 and he got his stand back.
Proud supporter of Catch a Dream Foundation
-----------------------------------
When you are having a bad day always remember: Everyone suffers at their own level.

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2010, 10:52:00 AM »
With all that stuff stolen I would find a way to bait them and then prosecute. Make sure the stuff is labeled and then find someway to hide and get plate numbers. I would not confront them. Let the police do that part. Maybe snap a photo from a distance?

When I owned a small farm, many of my no tresspassing signs were riddled with buckshot and torn down. They could only have done that while I was at work. Scary to think they knew when I was and wasn't home.

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2010, 01:57:00 PM »
Put some sort of tracker in it so that you can get a signal from it.  That could be probable cause for en entry warrant.
ChuckC

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2010, 02:32:00 PM »
Solve the problem and build ground blinds.  They work well and won't get stolen.  There are far to many thieves around for the cops to get them all.  That and all they get is a hand slap anyways.  The real problem is lack of enforcement and punishment for the criminals.  

This is a big part of why I still hunt and spot and stalk. The only things available to steal are on my bakc. I pack a 45 ACP when hunting ( legally ).  Any thief would find me a hard target to steal from.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2010, 02:45:00 PM »
Another good use of a trail camera. Set a tree stand up with easy access to and set a camera up in a hidden spot and nail the scoundrel.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline S.C. Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2010, 08:22:00 PM »
This goes back to what happened to the archery range. We unfortunately live in a society these days where a lot of people are raised to feel entitled. There is no self responsibility or morals being taught in the home. The sad part is this is probably an adult or should I say someone of adult age. I guess this person can look in a mirror and not see the pathetic thief and liar that is looking back in that mirror. I say liar because if they will steal they will lie and probably already has while showing off their new blind. I am sorry to go on but I can't stand a thief or liar and they are the same. A thief has to lie to someone about what they gained from their theft and if they will lie to you they have already stole your trust.  :mad:
USMC 82-86

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2010, 08:38:00 PM »
A thief is truly a low life creature, and unfortunately, there seems to be more and more of them.
Sam

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2010, 10:38:00 PM »
I lost one last year....I wanted to choke someone. The guys at Hidden Hunter heard about it and sent me one at a discount. Great guys!

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2010, 10:49:00 PM »
Would you not just love to catch them trying to steal it...?
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Offline GMASIUK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2010, 05:35:00 AM »
Yes I would John3, the only problem is I would probably end up in jail (don't want to sink to their level). I'm just going to keep my eyes and ears open as I have a very good idea who took it! The person in question also is know to use an atv illegally. This may be my only hope.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©