3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Devistated !!!  (Read 714 times)

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Devistated !!!
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2010, 08:14:00 PM »
Thats terrible.
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive Council Member.

James V. Bailey II

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2010, 08:27:00 PM »
They come ready to destroy. Slag hammer, and some big people. Those 4”X4” were in the ground around 3’ and broken off and the stairs was 2”X12” and you can see what they did to them. I feel it was planed.
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2010, 08:37:00 PM »
I did have a nice day with ScottM and Mudd despite the range being trashed.
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2010, 08:40:00 PM »
Instead of all the negativity, the damage is done and that sucks I know but lets try and be positive and make good things come of it. Lets try this:

I just made $10.00 selling feathers in an effort to save up for a Hog hunt at Rays in January. I know, its only 10 bucks but its a start. I'll even add another 5.00 of my lunch Money.

That's $15.00.  Could buy a 4x4.

Let me start the donation ball rolling and send it to whoever is in charge of finding new materials.

Someone just PM me the address to sent it to    :)    .  I just want people to be able to shoot when they want to shoot.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline scottm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2010, 09:11:00 PM »
I had a great time shooting with both Mudd and Gray Buffalo.It really sucks what some people will do to ruin others good time!But despite there best efforts we still had a fun day!Good friends and a stump to shoot at is all you really need.

Offline GMASIUK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2010, 09:20:00 PM »
Hey Mudd sorry to see that! I had a very bad day today also (must be mondays) someone stole my Double Bull ground blind. This kind of crap really burns my a@#. I don't know what the world is coming to? I hope you catch the scum bags.Glen

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2010, 09:20:00 PM »
Money won't be the issue for MDC. It will be a matter of time and priorities.

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2010, 10:15:00 PM »
what a bunch of wankers  :mad:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline mqqse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2010, 11:17:00 PM »
That is very disappointing and even more so being so close to home.

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2010, 08:53:00 AM »
I lived in St Charles from 1979 to 1992 and shot at this range several times per week. I did a lot of repairs myself to the old excellisior (spelling) bales on the 3 courses. I loved that place and still miss it today. I use to go out there on Mondays after a big 3d (compound) tourny and I look for lost arrows. I found over 30 one Monday. Back in those days almost all were 2216 or 2117.
Anyhow, good luck on getting it back in shape.
John

Offline ALW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2010, 09:41:00 AM »
You guys ought to try to get a news crew out there and have a story done about the vandalism.  Sometimes all it takes is someone seeing it on TV that may have overheard something somewhere to get these people caught.  Maybe even a small reward.  Money talks!  Just a thought.

Aaron

Offline Spectre

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2010, 09:43:00 AM »
Originally posted by Mudd:
Charlie those targets weren't just turned over. The targets were on 4x4 treated posts and all the posts were broken off.

I'm guessing they had to have used a vehicle and some kind of strap or chain to pull them until they broke.

I was totally disgusted. The park employees weren't very happy either.

The man who seemed to be in charge said they wouldn't be able to get it fixed until maybe Dec or Jan.

God bless,Mudd
This information eliminates kids IMO, more likely it was simply a group of young adults with a case of beer and a pickup.
 No "anti's", no kids, this has alcohol induced mob-mentality written all over it.
Gila hickory selfbow 54#
 Solstice reflex/deflex 45#

Offline bornagainbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2010, 09:46:00 AM »
Some kids will tear up anything, just to have torn something up.  Destructive nature.

God Bless,
Nathan
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

Offline Ringneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2010, 02:13:00 PM »
Their community service should be helping to rebuild it if they get caught.

Offline Blasterjdh

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2010, 04:23:00 PM »
Man I hate seeing things such as this.. I know my son would give a whole summers allowance to have a facility such as that available..

What a same--
EOD Motto: Initial Success or Total Failure

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2010, 05:29:00 AM »
It did hit the st. Louis news on chanle 5

Offline Montanawidower

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2010, 12:51:00 PM »
Now there's a good use for a trail camera!  Set one up for security.  Post a sign about video surveillance... end of problem.

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2010, 01:05:00 PM »
If I worked there I'd put up a sign to saying it was under surveillance whether I had a camera or not..lol

God bless, Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline legends1

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2010, 01:36:00 PM »
When i here or see this stuff it really pisses me off.Those responsabul need to be given a "BLANKET PARTY".Sorry for those that dont know what a"BLANKET PARTY" is ask someone who has been in the military.Very sorry for you.

Offline Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2010, 01:56:00 PM »
Same thing happenned at my archery club years ago. We put out some 3D targets and they all were broken in peices. We tracked them from the snow to there houses and let the parents know that if it happenned again we would press charges and sue. Since then we haven't had a problem. Totally senseless destruction.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©