3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Do You Hunt When You're Sick????  (Read 496 times)

Offline bolong

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Do You Hunt When You're Sick????
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2010, 06:20:00 PM »
I've been blessed. I'm 58 years old and have never missed a day of hunting because of any kind of sickness. I've gone plenty of times when I felt pretty bad and it always seemed to help.
bolong

Offline Chumster

• BOEUF 2019
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2010, 06:25:00 PM »
Planned a Javelina hunt and the very day we arrive came down with the flu. Sicker than a dog but got out none the less. For some reason after arriving home others in the party were sick, I was fine by then.
Never wait too long!

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2010, 06:36:00 PM »
I always look foreward to this time of the year soooo- I go no matter what I feel like. Actually time enjoyed outdoors makes me feel better.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2010, 07:12:00 PM »
It's a long season get better first.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline mambashooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2010, 07:23:00 PM »
:nono:

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2010, 07:40:00 PM »
I was carrying a open front Summit (not the Open Shot..the heavy one) climber almost a mile and going up and down trees using my elbows and forearms (not sit and climb) 6 wks. after my second 5 by-pass  heart surgery. So I guess the answer is yes.

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2010, 08:06:00 PM »
When I'm sick, I don't hunt because I'm miserable.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2010, 08:23:00 PM »
I don't hunt if I am seriously ill. I begin to halucinate when fever hits about 102 degrees.  I do have allergy issue that commonly results in coughing. I have a cough muffler - you know, one of those things you cough into and it works like a firearms silencer. It works OK but is not perfect. Also, mentho-lyptus cough drops are just as vital to my hunting kit as my bow and quiver. As soon as I get in the woods I start sucking on a cough drop and don't stop till I get back to the truck. Also, if its a bad enough cough that I need to use a potent cough medication, I hunt on the ground. Otherwise I get groggy and clumsier than usual.

One other thought on coughing. If you take blood pressure medication, check on side effects. I was taking lycinopril and it caused a chronic cough that would make you think I was a heavy smoker. I changed off and the cough cleared up in a few days.
Sam

Offline No-sage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2010, 08:44:00 PM »
I always figured you for a mouth breather.... you a knuckle dragger too?

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2010, 09:00:00 PM »
David, you know my answer!! I have had major surgery and been in a tree 2 days later, had to climb down cause I started bleeding pretty bad but finished the hunt from the ground, so a cold or flu no problem! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Don Stokes

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2010, 01:07:00 AM »
I'd rather be in the woods and miserable than on the couch and miserable anyhow. I left work one day because I was sick and killed a buck that afternoon.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin

Offline crotch horn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2010, 01:47:00 AM »
If it a trip away from home then yes. If it just hunting around home then no if sick enough. Usually if sick enough I will sleep in and only hunt eves so I can rest as much as needed.

Offline trapperzeke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2010, 10:13:00 AM »
I missed the first 3 weeks of the season.  Came down with a horrible cold day one and couldn't drag myself off the couch for a few days.  Then it became an uncontrollable cough that hung on.  In fact, I still have a touch of it, but I can control it with a lozenge.  I know from past experience trying, there's just no point in going out there and coughing in the cold air...never see a thing.

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2010, 12:31:00 PM »
That's where I was Steve for the last week, couldn't control the cough or sneezing, started to get better and went out this morning.....glad I did, need to start a new thread now....  :bigsmyl:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2010, 12:34:00 PM »
Alright David....get on with it man!!   :jumper:
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2010, 12:40:00 PM »
Sounds like a good story coming David!

I have such limited hunting opportunities that I'd have to be half dead to miss a day.  Besides, what better way to die than in the woods bowhunting!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©